· Total Members: 161,033
· Newest Member: jecobsmith
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Teams HQ
 Print Thread
[PCT '23] Sony - Force India
AbhishekLFC
i.imgur.com/3KHhudq.jpg

It is time to reveal this year's calendar. Our bands and race choices were always going to lean towards favouring Benoot and Choi, as they were our leaders going into transfers. Beyond that, our signings in the transfer window helped us to decide the other races on the calendar.

StartEndRaceCategory
9-Jan Down Under ClassicHC
13-Jan18-Jan Tour Down UnderC1
2-Feb Omloop Het NieuwsbladHC
2-Feb Viana do CasteloC1
10-Feb Le SamynHC
15-Feb20-Feb Volta a CatalunyaC2
22-Feb26-Feb Circulo de JuarezHC
26-Feb Kuurne - Bruxelles - KuurneC1
11-Mar16-Mar Vuelta a ColombiaPTHC
17-Mar20-Mar Tour of GuadeloupeC1
18-Mar Strade BiancheHC
22-Mar27-Mar Tour of South AfricaHC
30-Mar Lillestrom GPC1
6-Apr10-Apr Baltic Chain TourC1
12-Apr18-Apr Tour de PologneHC
20-Apr Badaling InternationalC1
25-Apr GP WallonieHC
28-Apr Lisbon ClassicHC
1-May Cheshire Cycling TourPTHC
3-May8-May Tour de RomandieC1
11-May31-May Vuelta a EspanaGTM
13-May16-May Tour of LithuaniaPTHC
19-May 1 Jour de DunkerqueC1
1-Jun Hanko ClassicC1
4-Jun Pro Hallstatt ClassicHC
5-Jun8-Jun Tour of East JavaPTHC
9-Jun13-Jun La Tropicale Amissa BongoC1
14-Jun20-Jun Criterium du Dauphine LiberePTHC
18-Jun Frankfurt EschbornC1
22-Jun28-Jun Tour of CaliforniaHC
1-Jul Torshavn GPC1
9-Jul11-Jul Tour of EritreaC1
13-Jul Philadelphia International ChampionshipPTHC
13-Jul18-Jul Benelux ChallengeHC
20-Jul Paris ToursC1
10-Aug15-Aug Tour du MarocC1
11-Aug15-Aug Post Danmark RundtHC
20-Aug22-Aug Ras TailteannPTHC
20-Aug GP KigaliC1
8-Sep13-Sep Balkans InternationalPTHC
26-Sep Tour of the BattenkillPTHC
26-Sep Rheden GPPTHC
28-Sep Milano - TorinoC1
1-Oct6-Oct Tour of JapanHC
9-Oct Grands Prix CyclistePTHC
13-Oct Japan CupPTHC
18-Oct Giro dell'EmiliaHC

*Races in bold are Goal races.

Nemolito
I don't mind not being present of two of your goal races Smile Guess Aular will just need to try and follow Choi as long as he can in Dauphine, and I do hope Higuita outperforms his hill stat a bit in Emilia. In general a nice calendar I'd say, and I'm sure you filled all/most of your races with a squad ready to grab some nice points!
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

Ad Bot
Posted on 21-09-2024 15:13
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Fabianski
I think Choi should have gone to ToA to go one better this year Pfft
More seriously, I think you put together a nice calendar for your leaders. I obviously don't know exactly where each of them will go, but most of their schedules should be pretty clear from the calendar. And you said Choi and Stüssi will only meet three times, so I guess that will be Romandie, Hallstatt and California?
Benoot will cause us some nightmares, both in the hills and on the hilly cobbles I guess, whereas I'm wondering if Vesely can be more consistent than in the last couple of years (where he sometimes was great, and sometimes just didn't show up). With the 4th sprinter bug hopefully gone, I think he'll do really well for you Smile And I'm glad I'm not in Guadeloupe, with all those top sprinters going there Pfft

Wish you good luck for the season - if everything goes smoothly, you could actually end up very high up in the rankings Smile

AbhishekLFC
@Nemo: Not surprised our race and goal selections are very different given the kind of riders we each took into transfers. Easier to cheer for each other that way too Grin Did try to have as few leaderless races as possible, but off course there's always a couple that become orphaned! Higuita can do whatever he wants as long as he stays out of Benoot's way Pfft

@Fab: Choi needed a new challenge and we need more points! Hopefully this translates. Choi meets Stussi in Romandie, California and Japan Wink Hoping Benoot can at least get close to last season's output with his improved stats, and cause problems for everyone, not just you Pfft Pretty much hoping Vesely lives up to his stats and not his inconsistencies. Thanks for the good wishes Smile

AbhishekLFC
i.imgur.com/qPPRzG8.jpg

It is time for us to take a look at the schedules of our leaders for the season.We continue our philosophy of trying to have a leader for every race and as many stages in each race as possible, and we have again got close to that.

Tiejs Benoot | Puncher
StartEndRaceCategory
2-Feb Viana do CasteloC1
18-Mar Strade BiancheHC
25-Apr GP WallonieHC
1-May Cheshire Cycling TourPTHC
8-Sep13-Sep Balkans InternationalPTHC
28-Sep Milano - TorinoC1
9-Oct Grands Prix CyclistePTHC
13-Oct Japan CupPTHC
18-Oct Giro dell'EmiliaHC
Benoot will concentrate more on the hills this season and goes to just three cobbles races. He will be responsible for trying to achieve our two harder goals in Emilia and Balkans International.

**Races marked in bold are Goal races.

Ki Ho Choi | Climber/Stage Racer
StartEndRaceCategory
5-Jun8-Jun Tour of East JavaPTHC
Probably the easiest of our leaders to plan for. A very simple mountains only calendar for Choi this, with no frills attached. A repeat of last season's results in these kinds of races will do nicely for us. He will also try to achieve two of our goals - Colombia and Dauphine.

Daniel Vesely | Sprinter
StartEndRaceCategory
22-Feb26-Feb Circulo de JuarezHC
28-Apr Lisbon ClassicHC
1-Jun Hanko ClassicC1
1-Jul Torshavn GPC1
20-Aug22-Aug Ras TailteannPTHC
Pretty straightforward calendar for Vesely as well. He covers all but one of our flat races, with a couple of stage races included in search of stage results.

Jo Kogstad Ringheim | Northern Classics
StartEndRaceCategory
2-Feb Omloop Het NieuwsbladHC
10-Feb Le SamynHC
30-Mar Lillestrom GPC1
28-Apr Lisbon ClassicHC
19-May 1 Jour de DunkerqueC1
1-Jun Hanko ClassicC1
1-Jul Torshavn GPC1
13-Jul18-Jul Benelux ChallengeHC
20-Jul Paris ToursC1
20-Aug GP KigaliC1
Ringheim will be our leader on all the flat cobbles and a couple of the hilly cobbles races as well. He will also accompany Vesely in multiple flat races. He only races with Benoot once in the whole year, at Battenkill.

Bob Jungels | Time-Trials
StartEndRaceCategory
Jungels rides every race with a ITT, TTT or Prologue, except the Vuelta, which clashes with Lithuania. Much like Ringheim, he too will accompany Vesely in multiple flat races.

Giovanni Carboni | Climber
StartEndRaceCategory
18-Mar Strade BiancheHC
20-Apr Badaling InternationalC1
25-Apr GP WallonieHC
4-Jun Pro Hallstatt ClassicHC
10-Aug15-Aug Tour du MarocC1
Carboni will get to lead the team at Badaling, Hallstatt and Maroc. He's no Penasa, so we only really expect a decent return from Maroc out of these. He will spend the season being the chief domestique to either Choi or Benoot in all other races he attends.

Gijs Leemreize will lead the team in our only C2 race - Volta a Catalunya.

AbhishekLFC
i.imgur.com/dfPigTa.jpg

January Preview

Down Under Classic
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/hc_duc.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Daniel Vesely Leader
Jo Kogstad Ringheim Leadout
Saya Kuroeda Leadout
Shiki Kuroeda Leadout
Piotr Havik Roleur
Marten Kooistra Leadout
Tim Van Dijke Domestique
Esow Alben Domestique
Tactics
As always, we start our season in the Down Under Classic, with Vesely our new leader for this race this time. We have brought a strong flat squad in support and hope to get off to a strong start.
Expectation: Top 10
Watch Out For: Piotr Havik

Tour Down Under
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/mg_australia.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Daniel Vesely Sprinter
Bob Jungels Domestique
Jan Tratnik Free Role
Piotr Havik Leadout
Mick Van Dijke Domestique
Tim Van Dijke Domestique
Leo Hayter Domestique
Esow Alben Domestique
Tactics
We take a much weaker squad to this race than last season, with Vesely here to target the sprints and hope to hang on as good as he can on the hills.
Expectation: Top 20
Watch Out For: Daniel Vesely

January starts and ends in Australia for us, with just two races. Vesely is expected to lead our line for both races. We are also excited about seeing the first ever Indian in action in the MG, with Alben on the startlist of both races. We hope to lay down a solid foundation this month from which we can build on for the rest of the year.

Can't wait to get started Grin

Nemolito
We start with a clash! Although you're telling I should watch out for Havik, I think I'll just tell Manninen that Vesely is your main guy Pfft Won't meet each other in TDU, so best of luck there. In theory there should be some better suited riders than Vesely there from other teams, but you never know how far he can go with some good (opening) sprints Smile

redordead
I gotta face Choi and Vesely in a couple of races each.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

AbhishekLFC
@Nemo: It's just a diversionary tactic, which you didn't fall for it seems Pfft

@red: Cool, see you there!

AbhishekLFC
i.imgur.com/aemBFg3.jpg

January Review

Down Under Classic
We did a lot of work chasing the break and succeeded in that. We were one of the two teams to get a sprint train up for Vesely but it disintegrated at the crucial juncture and Vesely lost all momentum as a result. He finished 17th, and was also our only points scorer. A very disappointing result after a lot of effort!

Tour Down Under
Stage 1 was similar to DUC - we did a lot of work but Vesely could only get 5th in the sprint.

Stage 2 saw the break surviving and Vesely not in contention for the hard sprint finish.

Vesely finally got his act together on Stage 3, finishing 2nd in the sprint and moving up to 4th in the GC.

Vesely was able to survive on the hilly Stages 4 and 5, losing a small amount of time, but no GC positions.

Vesely finished in the main pack on Stage 6, but didn't have the legs to contest to sprint. He did hang on for 4th in the GC! He was 5th in the Points.

We went into the month hoping for a good result from DUC and not much from TDU. The results were reversed and we came away more or less with a similar number of points as we were expecting.

redordead
AbhishekLFC wrote:

Only cool if we kick your butt Pfft

Looks like TDU was very sprinter friendly this year. Good start of the season by Vesely Smile

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

AbhishekLFC
redordead wrote:
AbhishekLFC wrote:

Only cool if we kick your butt Pfft

No need for violence please! There's enough points available for the both of us Wink

AbhishekLFC
i.imgur.com/dfPigTa.jpg

February Preview

Omloop Het Nieuwsblad
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/c0_omloophetnieuws.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Jo Kogstad Ringheim Leader
Saya Kuroeda Co-Leader
Shiki Kuroeda Co-Leader
Muhamma Afif Ahmad Zamri Domestique
Piotr Havik Domestique
Marten Kooistra Domestique
Esow Alben Domestique
Tactics
Ringheim starts his first race as a leader, although this is not his debut for us. The Kuroedas are also here and we hope our strength in numbers pay dividends in this first cobbles race of the season.
Expectation: Top 15
Watch Out For: Jo Kogstad Ringheim

Viana do Castelo
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/mg_vianacastelo.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Tiesj Benoot Leader
Bakhtiyar Kozhatayev Domestique
Yamato Shirota Domestique
Jan Tratnik Domestique
Choon Huat Goh Domestique
Tim Van Dijke Domestique
Leo Hayter Domestique
Tactics
Benoot starts his season in the race where we expect the most from him, or at least better than last year's result! Kozhatayev is the preferred cobbles lieutenant while the rest of the domestiques are more those who handle hills.
Expectation: Podium
Watch Out For: Tiesj Benoot

Le Samyn
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/mg_samyn1.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Saya Kuroeda Co-Leader
Shiki Kuroeda Co-Leader
Piotr Havik Domestique
Marten Kooistra Domestique
Tim Van Dijke Domestique
Leo Hayter Domestique
Esow Alben Domestique
Tactics
Similar expectations here as in Omloop to be honest with our three-pronged co-leadership expected to bring some much needed depth points.
Watch Out For: Shiki Kuroeda

Volta a Catalunya
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/top_catalunya.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Gijs Leemreize Leader
Yamato Shirota Domestique
Muhamma Afif Ahmad Zamri Domestique
Tim Van Dijke Domestique
Leo Hayter Domestique
Esow Alben Domestique
Tactics
Our only C2 outing of the season sees Leemreize leading a competitive team, with Shirota and Ahmad Zamri also viable GC options for the minor places. We do hope to get a good result from this race.
Watch Out For: Gijs Leemreize

Circulo de Juarez
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/mg_juarez.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Daniel Vesely Sprinter
Marten Kooistra Leadout
Victor Alejandro Ocampo Domestique
Tim Van Dijke Domestique
Leo Hayter Domestique
Esow Alben Domestique
Tactics
Vesely is back after a successful trip Down Under for the first sprint stage race of the season. We don't have any of his regular support here because of the KBK clash, so he'll have to look out for himself mainly. It is probably better that we don't have trains again anyway!
Watch Out For: Daniel Vesely

Kuurne - Bruxelles - Kuurne
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/c1_kuurne.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Saya Kuroeda Co-Leader
Shiki Kuroeda Co-Leader
Piotr Havik Domestique
Bob Jungels Domestique
Tactics
Another (mostly) flat cobbled classic and Ringheim and the Kuroedas are once again charged with leadership here.
Watch Out For: Jo Kogstad Ringheim

February has six races for us, which a big chance to get some important points on the board. With four of those races being cobbles, there's a lot riding on Ringheim and the Kuroedas in particular this month.

Imladrik
Cobbles! Cobbles everywhere!

We'll not meet on the cobbles (if I'm not mistaking on my own calendar, and I hope I'm not), but in Catalunya!

“...the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably."
A. Roy

knockout
Ringheim, the Kuroeda bros and Havik are definitely a nice group for the cobbles. Definitely has the potential for the odd overperformance or at least good depth points. And then there is of course Benoot in Castelo. Very interesting month with opportunities in every race. Hopefully, your team can convert some of those!
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

Fabianski
I guess Theuns and Ringheim will know each other pretty well after this month Pfft
Benoot should be the obvious favorite (again) in Viana, but we'll see...

Bol and Vesely will meet again in Juarez for a TDU rematch - your sprinter should however easily have the upper hand again. So there's lots of clashes again, except for Catalunya where we unfortunately won't be defending Masnada's title.

Good luck, should be a fun month for you Smile

AbhishekLFC
@Imladrik: Love them cobbles! Favourite month of the year for a reason (also because it's my birthday month Pfft ). See you in Catalunya.

@knockout: Depth in the flat cobbles and good results from the other races is what we're hoping for. Let's see if we can get that.

@Fabianski: Hopefully Ringheim can get to know Theuns towards the end of those races as well and not just as a part of the peloton Pfft Never had much luck when my riders have been top favourites for anything, so we'll see in Viana indeed. Sprint stages and races are almost always a lottery, so anything is possible in Juarez. Looking forward to some consistency from Vesely. Thanks, hope so Smile

cunego59
Fabianski wrote:
I guess Theuns and Ringheim will know each other pretty well after this month Pfft

Add Stallaert to the mix Grin The start of the cobbles season is exciting and you have a whole lot of options to score, for which I wish you the best of luck except for the very first places Pfft

AbhishekLFC
cunego59 wrote:
Fabianski wrote:

Add Stallaert to the mix Grin The start of the cobbles season is exciting and you have a whole lot of options to score, for which I wish you the best of luck except for the very first places Pfft

Thanks for the conditional wishes Pfft

Nemolito
Except for C2 we meet everywhere, and I'm looking forward to it! Little bit less looking forward to racing against Benoot in Viana, but maybe we can find some kind of agreement there to try and drop the others on the climb. I'll very gladly settle for second then.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.