· Newest Member: JasonPaump
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Teams HQ
 Print Thread
[PT23] Cedevita | NC Recap
redordead
Pre-Transfers Press Conference

Good day to everyone!

We are here today to announce which riders have renewed their contract with the team and we will take questions regarding our current and future moves in the transfer season. Renewals are always a nervous and stressful time, but compared to last year it was quite calm. For the first ever we are bringing back everyone on a new contract.

With that I present the current Cedevita squad and open the floor up for questions.

i.imgur.com/FwQDLFr.png

Renewals Update

2022 Wage
2023 Wage
Change
Tadej Pogacar
210.000 €
485.000 €
275.000 €
Eduard Alexander Beltran
620.000 €
340.000 €
-280.000 €
Andres Camilo Ardila
195.000 €
160.000 €
-35.000 €
Ivan Siric
50.000 €
135.000 €
85.000 €
Nur Aiman Zariff
80.000 €
125.000 €
45.000 €
Lucas Eriksson
200.000 €
135.000 €
-65.000 €
David Gaudu
120.000 €
120.000 €
-
Aleksandar Roman
130.000 €
115.000 €
-15.000 €
Milos Borisavljevic
100.000 €
105.000 €
5.000 €
Geoffrey Bouchard
100.000 €
110.000 €
10.000 €
Santiago Buitrago
50.000 €
95.000 €
45.000 €
Michael Christodoulos
70.000 €
85.000 €
15.000 €
Hayden McCormick
70.000 €
65.000 €
-5.000 €
Matic Groselj
65.000 €
65.000 €
-
Marko Pavlic
70.000 €
60.000 €
-10.000 €
Izidor Penko
50.000 €
55.000 €
5.000 €
Gasper Katrasnik
50.000 €
75.000 €
25.000 €
Miha Poljanec
50.000 €
50.000 €
-
Aleksa Crncevic
100.000 €
60.000 €
-40.000 €
Matevz Govekar
100.000 €
55.000 €
-45.000 €
Fred Wright
50.000 €
50.000 €
-
Kristjan Hocevar
50.000 €
50.000 €
-
Kees Duyvesteyn
50.000 €
50.000 €
-
Veljko Stojnic
50.000 €
50.000 €
-
Aljaz Jarc
10.000 €
50.000 €
40.000 €
Aleks Bechkov
10.000 €
50.000 €
40.000 €
Total profit:
-95.000 €

Q: As you have said everyone is back, including Beltran. He is the most experienced rider on the team. Is he expected to stay here and guide the younger riders?

Mervar: I think we might have a somewhat similar situation to last year with Jose Alarcon. We don't mind moving on and I know Eddy would enjoy spending his last years adding to his palmares as much as he can. But it needs to be the right deal for us also.

Q: There are a lot more riders rumoured to be on the way out. Is a mass exodus really what is needed as the team enters its first season in PT?

Mervar: We are leaving all options open, we have to in order to stand a chance of competing at this level. We will be flexible in the transfer market, perhaps even more so than last year.

Q: People call you the new Isostar. How do you react to this?

Mervar: I resent that. I'd like to think we've done enough to warrant our own space in the peloton. Isostar were a very successful team, but we are as well and we have our own path to follow.

Q: Your team has always been known for developing new talents. How does promotion to PT affect this?

Mervar: It certainly affects our capabilities, but it doesn't affect our intentions. We got to this point by staying on course with development, no reason to change our process.

Q: The team has always been focusing mainly on the Balkan region. With promotion to PT and a bigger budget, is there a possibility of expanding the team's focus region(s)?

Mervar: No. Absolutely not. For one our budget might be one of the smaller ones in PT, but we have everything we need in order to work within our means. Secondly there are definitely riders that have already fallen by the way. In other words our hands are full as is, so we couldn't take on other focus regions even if we wanted to.

Q: With all that said, what are the goals for this season?

Mervar: I can't really say we have any tangible goals where to finish in the rankings. The goal is to keep building our team towards a better future. Would relegating be a failure? Not necessarily, the same as not promoting would not have been a failure last year. As I've said before we need to stay on course with our project and whatever we regard as success will eventually come to pass.

Transfer Availability

Rider
Level
OVL
Wage
Availability
Tadej Pogacar
Eduard Alexander Beltran
•••••
Andres Camilo Ardila
Ivan Siric
Nur Aiman Zariff
•••••
Lucas Eriksson
•••••
David Gaudu
••
Aleksandar Roman
••
Milos Borisavljevic
Geoffrey Bouchard
•••••
Santiago Buitrago
Michael Christodoulos
Hayden McCormick
•••••
Matic Groselj
Marko Pavlic
••
Izidor Penko
Gasper Katrasnik
••
Miha Poljanec
••
Aleksa Crncevic
••
Matevz Govekar
Fred Wright
Kristjan Hocevar
Kees Duyvesteyn
•••••
Veljko Stojnic
Aljaz Jarc
••
Aleks Bechkov
••

looking to keep | ••• open to offers | ••••• looking to sell

This is just a preliminary list of availability. More in depth information about our transfers as well as loans will be posted before transfer season starts in the adverts.

Bostjan Mervar,
team representative and general manager of Cedevita

Ulrich Ulriksen
Both the regional focus and age profile are impressive, although that isnt news. Got some work to do to be competitive in PT but appreciate your focus on sticking to the long term priorities.

Maybe this is the year McCormick can end up where he belongs and stop confusing me in reports.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

jaxika
Impressivel young squad. We will talk in the transfer window, im sureSmile

whitejersey
The Pogacar wage hike was always going to come for you, so no surprise there. A lot of interesting riders maxing, decent drop on Beltran who has been a defining man for you for so many years now, going to be interesting to see where he lands at when transfers open!

AbhishekLFC
Expected hikes for Pogacar and Siric, and they are the known future of the team. Lots of interesting availabilities too. Will follow with interest as to how you go about building for PT Smile

Ad Bot
Posted on 19-09-2024 22:50
Bot Agent

IP: None  
knockout
Pogacar still looks like a good wage for a rider of his quality.

Beltran should catch a fair bit of interest too as the FA is very thin on the hills with only Kinoshita and possibly Aidan with some training on the same quality.

Some of the available riders indicate to me that you should be able to quite a bit of cap. Will be interesting how much of that will be used to grab some of the Isostars...
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

baseballlover312
By god those energy stats Shock
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Marcovdw
While you already renewed more than enough riders I feel transfer season won't be quiet for you. Good luck!

Pogi is on his way to emulate his IRL counterpart.
Manager of Minions

redordead
Ulrich Ulriksen wrote:
Both the regional focus and age profile are impressive, although that isnt news. Got some work to do to be competitive in PT but appreciate your focus on sticking to the long term priorities.

There is always a lot of work to do, regardless. Even though I'm pretty sure you told me I should have a boring transfer season this time Pfft

Ulrich Ulriksen wrote:
Maybe this is the year McCormick can end up where he belongs and stop confusing me in reports.

McCormick's McCormick, eh? Still sounds confusing to me Grin

But either way it's a name synonymous with quality Cool

jaxika wrote:
Impressivel young squad. We will talk in the transfer window, im sureSmile

Hopefully some more successful talks this time.

whitejersey wrote:
The Pogacar wage hike was always going to come for you, so no surprise there. A lot of interesting riders maxing, decent drop on Beltran who has been a defining man for you for so many years now, going to be interesting to see where he lands at when transfers open!

Hopefully we find a nice spot for Eddy, but otherwise we have no issues accommodating our legend for one more season Smile

AbhishekLFC wrote:
Expected hikes for Pogacar and Siric, and they are the known future of the team. Lots of interesting availabilities too. Will follow with interest as to how you go about building for PT Smile

Those two are our priorities, also we're not building for PT. We are building for ourselves!

knockout wrote:
Pogacar still looks like a good wage for a rider of his quality.

Hopefully that's the case.

knockout wrote:
Beltran should catch a fair bit of interest too as the FA is very thin on the hills with only Kinoshita and possibly Aidan with some training on the same quality.

I think he still has a lot to offer this coming season.

knockout wrote:
Some of the available riders indicate to me that you should be able to quite a bit of cap. Will be interesting how much of that will be used to grab some of the Isostars...

I have no idea what you're talking about.

baseballlover312 wrote:
By god those energy stats Shock

Did you ever see Bernal?

Marcovdw wrote:
While you already renewed more than enough riders I feel transfer season won't be quiet for you. Good luck!

Hopefully it's a fun one, but like I've said before. Quiet isn't necessarily bad.

Marcovdw wrote:
Pogi is on his way to emulate his IRL counterpart.

Flanders, here we come!! Cool

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Ulrich Ulriksen
redordead wrote:
Ulrich Ulriksen wrote:

There is always a lot of work to do, regardless. Even though I'm pretty sure you told me I should have a boring transfer season this time Pfft

I did tell you that. My failure was in not anticipating a division change. Now we know why got yourself promoted - to avoid a boring transfer season Smile.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

jandal7
Beltran gone is not an unexpected move but going to be a strange one after his years with you, absolute legend of the team!
24/02/21 - kandesbunzler said “I don't drink famous people."
15/08/22 - SotD said "Your [jandal's] humour is overrated"
11/06/24 - knockout said "Winning is fine I guess. Truth be told this felt completely unimportant."

[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | [PT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
5x i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png x5
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png
2x pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/funniest21.png x2
2x i.imgur.com/TUidkLG.png x2

quadsas
Big ISA - Hexacta vibes, which could serve you well in PT
deez

kandesbunzler26
Congratulations to your promotion! I think if you survive the first year in PT you've got a long stint there in front of you given the massive talent you have accumulated (even apart from Pogi). And that while keeping your regional focus is quite impressive. So best of luck in finding some riders to help you stay up in the first place.
i.imgur.com/77VDWQo.jpeg

i.ibb.co/PC3Kfz9/Signature2020.pngi.ibb.co/Hpc4z3S/FINALUSER.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/mostimproved-bk26.png

redordead
Ulrich Ulriksen wrote:
redordead wrote:
Ulrich Ulriksen wrote:

I did tell you that. My failure was in not anticipating a division change. Now we know why got yourself promoted - to avoid a boring transfer season Smile.

We all failed in that anticipation, but still the squad should always be rebuilt so I try not to have too much boredom.

jandal7 wrote:
Beltran gone is not an unexpected move but going to be a strange one after his years with you, absolute legend of the team!

Let's wait and see what happens.

quadsas wrote:
Big ISA - Hexacta vibes, which could serve you well in PT

Not sure I quite see the similarities, but that's a very good team to be mentioned with. I appreciate the compliment Smile

kandesbunzler26 wrote:
Congratulations to your promotion! I think if you survive the first year in PT you've got a long stint there in front of you given the massive talent you have accumulated (even apart from Pogi). And that while keeping your regional focus is quite impressive. So best of luck in finding some riders to help you stay up in the first place.

We'll keep on doing what we can, thanks! Smile

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Luis Leon Sanchez
An absolute pleasure to be promoted alongside your team given the years we’ve spent competing against one another.

Always been a fan of the team and it makes me happy to see Borisavljevic thrive in his role for you. He spent many years with us and saw us through multiple promotions too so he’s someone I’ll keep an eye on in the PT too.

We’ve both got a bit of work to do to be competitive which hopefully doesn’t mean too many crossing of paths in transfers. And, although he scares me somewhat, I look forward to seeing Poggy for you in the PT!

Good luck and, if we chat, we chat Wink

SotD
*Whispers* Christodoulos - Christodoulos!
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

redordead
Luis Leon Sanchez wrote:
An absolute pleasure to be promoted alongside your team given the years we’ve spent competing against one another.

Always been a fan of the team and it makes me happy to see Borisavljevic thrive in his role for you. He spent many years with us and saw us through multiple promotions too so he’s someone I’ll keep an eye on in the PT too.

We’ve both got a bit of work to do to be competitive which hopefully doesn’t mean too many crossing of paths in transfers. And, although he scares me somewhat, I look forward to seeing Poggy for you in the PT!

Good luck and, if we chat, we chat Wink

Only 3rd year we are in same division iirc?

I gave up ever having Boris, so I was very surprised to get him last year Smile

I think you are in better shape than me, but always there is work to do for both.

SotD wrote:
*Whispers* Christodoulos - Christodoulos!

Can't hear anything Pfft

Nemolito
I notice a certain regional (for me) rider being sliiiightly more available than before. I'll be honest, I like that Cool
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

jaxika
One star is still a chance?

redordead
Nemolito wrote:
I notice a certain regional (for me) rider being sliiiightly more available than before. I'll be honest, I like that Cool

I told Beltran Los Pollos is a great team Grin

jaxika wrote:
One star is still a chance?

Smaller chance, but a chance. Zero dots is no chance.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Two Contadors?
Two Contadors?