schumix35

· Total Members: 161,036
· Newest Member: MauriceRayer
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Teams HQ
 Print Thread
[PCT] Bralirwa | Season Recap
redordead
I'm looking forward to see how you make use of your developing talents to improve your depth scoring which seemed to be the main issue.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

AbhishekLFC
Always nice to the long term investment in talents bear fruit. Tesfatsion is probably the best of the lot, but is a year away from being ready. Also will be interesting to see how you replace/supplement your aging stars, as you mention yourself that they won't be at the level they were previously.

cunego59
-
i.imgur.com/3QlWqTI.jpg

Contract Renewals

i.imgur.com/WNYXusz.jpg

Well, this has certainly been an eventful renewals with some major effects on our teambuilding and transfer strategy. To get the, respectfully, less important news out of the way: We bid farewell to all four of our stagiaires from last year, who unfortunately did not leave a lasting impression. We wish all the best to Shemu Nsengiyumva, Aziz Melki, Marc Brustenga and Ivan Cobo and hope they find a home and room to develop somewhere else.

But now, to the headlines. Angel Madrazo and Fabio Silvestre both regressed due to their age following the previous season. Given their nonetheless high quality, we were keen to keep them on as veteran leaders. Unfortunately, we had to take their new abilities into account to not recklessly spend undue cap space and both were rather unamused by our offers. Nonetheless, we part amicably and who knows, maybe we’ll talk again in free agency.

The final rider to leave us might be the most surprising and also the one management regrets the most: We were unable to come to terms with our young sprinter Houcaine El Sabbahi. Throughout the negotiations, we felt like we offered fair compensation and even stretched outselves quite a bit with our final offer, and it was still not enough. We have expressed our continued interest, though, and will certainly make contact again during free agency.

With that out of the way, let’s take a look at the riders who have renewed their contracts:
RiderAgeAVG2023 WageChangeAvailable
J. Stallaert3278,56 500.000 €- 150.000●●
V. Ndayisenga29 75,24 95.000 €- 15.000
N. Tesfatsion24 74,92 85.000 €+ 25.000
J. Rutsch25 74,90 85.000 €+ 35.000●●●
B. Uwizeyimana30 74,84 95.000 €+ 10.000
M. Eyob30 74,61 75.000 €0●●●
T. Okbamariam32 73,51 50.000 €0●●●
M. Mugisha26 73,49 55.000 €+ 5.000
S. Khederi32 73,44 50.000 €0●●●
J. Hadi31 73,09 50.000 €0●●
S. Mugisha26 71,14 50.000 €- 5.000
Y. Debesay24 70,95 50.000 €0Loan
R. Uhiriwe22 67,65 50.000 €- 25.000Loan
Renewals:- 120.000
Released:- 1.090.000
Wage Cap:1.210.000

● strong intention to keep | ●●● open for offers | ●●●●● clear intention to sell
So ... that’s quite a bit of cap space, huh? While releasing two of our biggest earners obviously makes up the biggest piece of that pie, we were also able to get the overall wage bill down in renewals.

The biggest contribution here comes from Stallaert, who takes a second major paycut in a row to get his wage down to 500.000. Ndayisenga was also open to a wage reduction after a quieter season in Madrazo’s shadow, while Uhiriwe adjusted his wage according to his status after a brief bidding war in last season’s free agency.
On the other hand, youngsters Tesfatsion and Rutsch earned raises in accordance with their progress, while Uwizeyimana was modestly rewarded for an improved scoring output in 2022.

This leaves us with two things: On the one hand, an enormous 1.21M in cap space. On the other hand, just 13 riders and a roster that’s basically a decent CT team plus Joeri Stallaert (in his last prime season). Hence, a significant retooling is in order, both to remain in PCT as well as build for a brighter future. Should be a lot of fun! And if you’re interested in perhaps aquiring one of our riders, look above at our availability scale. We’re not actively looking to offload anyone, but some of them could be had for the right price.

Post-Renewals Roster

FLMOHITTSTRSRCCOSPACFIDHPR
J. Stallaert77606758766880817976676658
V. Ndayisenga66787565696873526373726965
N. Tesfatsion67757661667173606876726362
J. Rutsch77636861767569766968706966
B. Uwizeyimana71767274767577505668695874
M. Eyob68767666746973556266727366
T. Okbamariam73666559707367767268657859
M. Mugisha67717562647471606373806461
S. Khederi67747661686771595873677159
J. Hadi68747274737071617471686974
S. Mugisha76647074707471636268746468
Y. Debesay65687259696970626372716559
R. Uhiriwe70616670676863606368736470

Ezeefreak
I see some interesting opportunity here to have some talks in the future.

Also quite a huge paycut for you but with releasin g some of these monsters this was to be expected. But now you have enough foundation to buld up strong again. Good Luck for this and we talk to each other for sure Smile
i.imgur.com/wu8Njxa.png

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/jerseydesigner-ezee.png

redordead
I would have been very interested in a rider if I was still in PCT Sad

A shame with El Sabbahi. I guess you have a busy transfers season ahead of you, but I know you're up to the task Smile

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

liefwarrior
Three big departures and, as you say, only Joeri Stallaert as a true leader for the PCT. Some significant moves will need to be made but you have the cap space to make them. We might have to discuss the departure of one of the Belgian's loyal lieutenants, because Jonas Rutsch certainly looks like quite a treat.

Ad Bot
Posted on 21-09-2024 18:33
Bot Agent

IP: None  
TheManxMissile
With a renewals setup like that there is only one possible outcome - major signings plural, and then promotion.
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

AbhishekLFC
An expected rebuild lined up, and seeing the renewals, it should be a very interesting one. Look forward to seeing how it goes Smile

cio93
Rutsch available at a perfect time for our plans and the worst time in general Frown

I'd love to make something happen there, and maybe we have just the right piece for your PCT survival in return...

knockout
Time for the rebuild. High expectations after previous transfer seasons but obviously a lot to do and perhaps it's time for a longterm build?

Nice to see Stallaert with a good cut. That should help things too.
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

baseballlover312
There was bound to be a huge shakeup, really looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Croatia14
I feel bad Sad
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png

jandal7
I know Uhiriwe is available for loan, but he's also at five dots right?

Huge calls to chop Madrazo and Silvestre at this juncture, but it gives you maneuverability from the get go in transfers I guess. Can't wait to see what you do - sure as always we'll be talking Smile
24/02/21 - kandesbunzler said “I don't drink famous people."
15/08/22 - SotD said "Your [jandal's] humour is overrated"
11/06/24 - knockout said "Winning is fine I guess. Truth be told this felt completely unimportant."

[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | [PT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
5x i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png x5
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png
2x pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/funniest21.png x2
2x i.imgur.com/TUidkLG.png x2

cunego59
Ezeefreak wrote:
I see some interesting opportunity here to have some talks in the future.

Also quite a huge paycut for you but with releasin g some of these monsters this was to be expected. But now you have enough foundation to buld up strong again. Good Luck for this and we talk to each other for sure Smile

liefwarrior wrote:
Three big departures and, as you say, only Joeri Stallaert as a true leader for the PCT. Some significant moves will need to be made but you have the cap space to make them. We might have to discuss the departure of one of the Belgian's loyal lieutenants, because Jonas Rutsch certainly looks like quite a treat.

cio93 wrote:
Rutsch available at a perfect time for our plans and the worst time in general Frown

I'd love to make something happen there, and maybe we have just the right piece for your PCT survival in return...

Thanks for the nice comments! Yes, quite some moves will have to be made but I'm pretty excited for transfers - a rebuild is always fun. And it looks like there'll be something to discuss with y'all, too Smile

AbhishekLFC wrote:
An expected rebuild lined up, and seeing the renewals, it should be a very interesting one. Look forward to seeing how it goes Smile

knockout wrote:
Time for the rebuild. High expectations after previous transfer seasons but obviously a lot to do and perhaps it's time for a longterm build?

Nice to see Stallaert with a good cut. That should help things too.

baseballlover312 wrote:
There was bound to be a huge shakeup, really looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Shakeup and rebuild indeed. It'll be a tricky balance between building for the future, which will definitely be a priority, and still making a reasonable effort to stay in PCT, which will require at least one veteran leader, I think. Hopefully I can make the right moves to strike that balance.

redordead wrote:
I would have been very interested in a rider if I was still in PCT Sad

A shame with El Sabbahi. I guess you have a busy transfers season ahead of you, but I know you're up to the task Smile

Why not anymore? Surely all my guys could be very useful PT riders, too Wink Either way, I do believe we may have a thing or two to talk about in transfers, we'll see ... And yes, it is a shame with El Sabbahi. Imo, it was a risky decision either way, keep him on a deal that felt too expensive, or let him go. Still not sure if I made the right call, but it is what it is now.

Croatia14 wrote:
I feel bad Sad

How come? The Madrazo deal? In hindsight it was a tough one, but at the time I think the assumption that it could help both of us accomplish our goals wasn't farfetched. It's an interesting chapter of the team story, if nothing else. Or did you mean something different?

jandal7 wrote:
I know Uhiriwe is available for loan, but he's also at five dots right?

Huge calls to chop Madrazo and Silvestre at this juncture, but it gives you maneuverability from the get go in transfers I guess. Can't wait to see what you do - sure as always we'll be talking Smile

Listen, I want to keep up the share of Rwandans, so if we just swap one for another, Uhiriwe could certainly be part of that deal, yes Pfft Otherwise, it'll be rather difficult to persuade me to let him go Wink I agree though that we will talk for sure.

TheManxMissile wrote:
With a renewals setup like that there is only one possible outcome - major signings plural, and then promotion.

Oh great, the promotion predictions now start even before I sign the ageing and potentially overpriced superstar Pfft

redordead
cunego59 wrote:
Why not anymore? Surely all my guys could be very useful PT riders, too Wink Either way, I do believe we may have a thing or two to talk about in transfers, we'll see ...

Yeah, but I'm not sure if useful PT riders will tickle my fancy Pfft

Looking forward to finding out what the things to talk about are, because I can't think of any Shock

SotD
A LOT of room to play with here. Will be very interesting to see what direction you aim for.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

whitejersey
Absolutely nuked your leadership core outside of Stallaert, you have so much space to work with that you're essentially able to build an entirely new team, going to be super interesting to see how this team looks post transfers!

Eden95
A very different team post renewals, and lots of free real estate to build on. Could be a tricky transfers to rebuild a squad, but I think that you would definitely be able to navigate that minefield and come out the other side in a good position.
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

jph27
Feel for you with El Sabbahi - it's always challenging dealing with the jump in wage demands in renewals when sprinters max, as I found out with Wouters. Some interesting availabilities there, with a big transfer window ahead of you!

ember
Indeed a big rebuild incoming!

Seeing Rutsch open for offers is encouraging, as we think he could do the role as a key domestique to Wisniowski very well. Tesfatsion is also a very cool rider we've looked at every transfer season since he joined the DB. Understandably to see you've got strong intentions to keep him, but I guess we'll do talks on Rutsch and others, and who knows, maybe Tesfatsion becomes part of our talks at one point?

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
New rider model
New rider model