· Total Members: 146,544
· Newest Member: okr77
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » Off-Topic » Games
 Print Thread
PCM.daily races virtual cars - Season 2
Waghlon
PCM.daily Virtual Kinda Racing League - Season 2, featuring wannabee F1 cars (A1GP)

https://batracer.com

Adhering by the rule that dictates that a simple game attract people and that private leagues makes them more fun for everyone, its now time to present part two of the epic saga of what happens when Waghlon has too much time and lures everyone into playing a game on the internets.

To make a short summary for the new players about what BATracer is; its a racing management game. Only, we have taken out all the financial, material and sponsorial parts of the management. You will be focusing on figuring out how to drive well and win. Set a strategy, do test runs in the practice session and fiddle with 10 different sliders to ensure your driver does his best everytime.

The car in question we will be racing this time is the elusive beast known as "A1GP". Created by rich men who like nationalities (and not corporations) to do their best in a championship, A1GP encompasses all good elements of a competition: Rampant nationalism, even playfield and an affordable point of entry (the cars only cost a small fortune each).

The game will only require your presence for 5 minutes everyday the next 33 days. Although you wont die from skipping a day.

Oh god how do i join the game???

Step 1: https://batracer.com/

Step 2: Locate "Register" button

Step 3: Follow your instinct

Step 4: If it worked, go to next chapter. If not, go to step one again.

Oh god how do i join this private league?

Step 1: https://batracer.c...&36212 - make sure youre logged in first

Step 2: Clicking that should leave you at a screenc alled "Create a New Team" or a team selection screen.

Step 3: In either case, follow the instructions, make the choices you want to make. Whatever information you need about the choices should be present on the page.

Step 4: You reach a point where it asks for the name you will use in this particular game, your account password (perhaps a teamname) and a vague field just called "Password". This is the password so you can enter the game. The password is: schlecksux

Step 5: You should join the game. I will post something in order to find out how to play the game later tonight.
THE THOMAS VOECKLER PROPHET OF PCM DAILY

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/funniest.png

http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
Waghlon
reserved

Ad Bot
Posted on 14-04-2021 17:44
Bot Agent

IP: None  
p3druh
I already joined the game and I have one question:
In the experimentation bar or whatever its called in practice and warm up, at value do you put it?

I set mine at 50 and still I have like 1 crash every race. I don't get it... Just now, practising for Brands Hatch I crashed on my 4th/5th lap and it cost me 3 laps. And this time it was nothing much, I have crashed on the practice lap two times and it cost me all my practice laps...

I really don't get how that bar works...
img401.imageshack.us/img401/3756/91640730.png

SportingNonsense
p3druh wrote:
In the experimentation bar or whatever its called in practice and warm up, at value do you put it?

I set mine at 50 and still I have like 1 crash every race. I don't get it... Just now, practising for Brands Hatch I crashed on my 4th/5th lap and it cost me 3 laps. And this time it was nothing much, I have crashed on the practice lap two times and it cost me all my practice laps...

Thats more bad luck on your part I think - and I would consider 50 as too low a value to use.

lagetcher
Personally I find it best to set it lower than fifty, but maybe I'm too cautious and scared of crashing too much. But you can get some good laptimes in and then raise the bar for, say the last 2 attempts.

p3druh
SportingNonsense wrote:
p3druh wrote:

Thats more bad luck on your part I think - and I would consider 50 as too low a value to use.

I feel that setting it to 50 is enough when you have team mates. In one of my other games I usually have a perfect setup by the end of the practice laps but in this case I will have to pull it up a bit otherwise I will get almost Spot Ons at all...
Edited by p3druh on 17-01-2009 23:43
img401.imageshack.us/img401/3756/91640730.png

Levi4life
I founded Team America I gues and I have no idea what to doPfft
i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp1/Dessel001/CozzaNydamV2.png

lagetcher
Levi4life wrote:
I founded Team America I gues and I have no idea what to doPfft

This is from the previous game thread (Just ignore the bit about teamwork as it doesn't apply here):

Waghlon wrote:
OH GOD HOW DO I PLAY THIS GAME????????????

Good question. First find the menu at the top of the page. Find the button that says "Garage". By putting your cursor over it, it should create a drop-down menu. Choose "Car Setup".

You will see a ton of sliders. Start looking at the "experimention" slider. It should be at 50, but i suggest you set it higher. Now click the "test" button somewhere under the slider and see what happens.

Look down the list of sliders. Does it say "Estimation Updated!" somewhere? Thats good, it might say "decrease setting?" under it. If it says that, decrease the slider by moving it to the left. If it says "increase setting?", move to the right.
Now keep clicking the test button and adjust all those sliders. Thats how you set-up your car. It should be said, you only have 8 of these test laps. These test laps also counts as qualifying in these series.

Q: Oi Waghlon, it says i crashed and/or were overly entusiastic and it didnt do any good.
A: Its a random but common event. Lower your experimentation slider and try again.

Once you have done all your laps. Click the "save" button next to the "test" that now isnt there anymore. If you are in a team, there is a message box thing under "Office" and "Team talk". Post your set-up so your teammate can use it to improve his set-up, so he can post his set-up, so you can improve your set-up. Thats called teamwork.

Remember, you will most likely have to test your car everyday, so log back in everyday to make sure you do so.
-----------------------

Okay, lets tell your driver how to race. Go to the "garage" tab at the top of the page and select "Driving Style".

It should be self explanatory actually. You have six sliders, putting them to the right makes your driver go faster, but also at a higher risk of crashing out. Putting them to the left makes them go slower but safer. Its your choice.

Now, lets go to "garage" again and pick "Race Strategy". This is a complicated place, but all you need to check is that your start tire is good for the the weather. The one picked by default is your main tyre for good weather. Its another drop down menu, and you will see other three tires. They are for worse rain. I will mention them if we get weather needs them.

Qualifying strategy is important here also, but it should be easy enough to work out.

Waghlon
It makes me happy that some does my job for me. Lagetcher, i now love you more than SN!

lagetcher
Happy to be of help Smile

alexkr00
Waghlon wrote:
i now love you more than SN!

Is that good? Pfft
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png

Waghlon
Yes Alex, its good. I also love you more than Setzel or Maggot.

lagetcher
Do you have a great big ranking system then? Pfft

alexkr00
I should be happy?
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png

untal
C'mon guys, join. It's really fun Wink

Biathlon
I have joined but i dont get the verify mail?
Words to live by
"What would Lance do?"
i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/Biiathlon/livestrong_tdf.jpg

Wiggo
*cries*

Wallie! Why don't you love me?

alexkr00
Biathlon, all my e-mails recived from BatRacer were reported as spams, check that sectionWink
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png

lagetcher
I agree with Alex, check your spam section. I couldn't find the email at first when I joined.

Biathlon
I found itWink Just had to wait some minutesWink I'm in there now. Anything else i should do after followed the guide?
Words to live by
"What would Lance do?"
i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/Biiathlon/livestrong_tdf.jpg

Jump to Forum: