· Total Members: 161,013
· Newest Member: JasonPaump
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2024 » PCM 24: General
 Print Thread
The Draft is blocking my career
Legato
Hello,

I download your expansion pack, and play a entire season with my team.

But when the draft appear, i can choose riders etc but at the end, the game crash. I tried evrything but it doesn't work.

Someone had the same problem ? Is it possible to solve it and i will be able to continue my 50 hours game ... ?

Thank you.

Simmso
Same here, anyone having an idea? My save is in year 3, so would be a shame.

cunego59
Sorry @Legato, I didn't see that post earlier. I think you should be able to fix it by loading a weekly save from before the draft in an editor, going to DYN_u23_link and lower all values in the column value_i_wanted_squad that are over 20 to 20. Make sure to save the file in the Cloud/username folder, not in the weekly save folder, to be able to access it ingame. If you're not familiar with DB editing, let me know and I'll give you a more detailed explanation.

Simmso
Hi Cunego59, thanks for the explanation. Would you be willing to give me a more detailed explanation? Not familiae with DB editing, don’t even have an editor Sad

cunego59
Sure! Probably the best beginner-friendly editor is Day Depuydt's PCMDBEdit, which you can download here. Open it and in the top left, click on file and then open database.

Navigate to your savegame - type %AppData% in the top bar of the explorer window, this will bring you to the Roaming folder where you find the PCM24 folder. I would recommend opening a weekly autosave from a few days before the crash, which you can find under WeeklySaves. Click open and the editor will import the cdb file. On the left hand side, you'll see a bar with all tables inside the DB. Double click on DYN_u23_link to open it. There you can change the values like I described above.

Then simply click save database (under File again). Make sure to save it in the folder Cloud/your_username since you can't access weekly saves ingame, and you should be good.

Simmso
Thanks a lot Cunego, much allpreciates. Whenever I try to open the weekly save, I get the message “opening the savegame failed, try running PCMCE as administator or put the programm in a directory where the logged on user has full control.” But even if I run the editor as the administrator, I still get that message. Any idea how to solve that?

cunego59
Two things: Are you sure you're running the Editor? Because the PCMCE is his Career Explorer I think. Could be that simply the error message is mixed up, of course. Second, can you open any other savegames? Weekly saves from before, or other careers that you may have started (start one and sim a few weeks to test it if you don't have another). If you can open others from perhaps a few weeks earlier, try to edit those.

If you can open some, but not the one that's crashing, you either try out the Excel Editor, which is a bit less intuitive but (I think) can sometimes handle things that more elaborate editors can't. Or, if you can't really get a handle on the Excel Editor, you can also just send me the savefile and/or one of the weekly saves (upload it here, or somewhere else and PM me the link) and I'll have a look at it myself.

creagle
Simmso wrote:

Thanks a lot Cunego, much allpreciates. Whenever I try to open the weekly save, I get the message “opening the savegame failed, try running PCMCE as administator or put the programm in a directory where the logged on user has full control.” But even if I run the editor as the administrator, I still get that message. Any idea how to solve that?

I appreciate this reply is a little late, but I have encountered the same error when I've tried to make changes when the game date October or later - you may need to load a save from September or earlier to be able to update with Davy's editor

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Promo : LPR Road
Promo : LPR Road