Jakstar22

· Total Members: 161,013
· Newest Member: JasonPaump
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2023 » PCM 23: General
 Print Thread
Problems with the sponsor...
GinoTom
Hi everyone, I think career mode has a big bug (for years and years): sponsor satisfaction with cyclists registered for races.
In the team I have cyclists who have won tours, cyclists who have won national championships... despite this the sponsor is always unhappy because the cyclists who participate in the races are "not famous enough".

Furthermore, until previous editions the level of popularity was indicated in the cyclists' profile, but now this indicator has disappeared. It is not a small problem because it strongly compromises the satisfaction of the sponsor and therefore the annual budget increases, I am forced tomake impossible efforts by winning every race to have an average satisfaction of the sponsor... Someone please solve this annoying thing.

Furthermore, the demands of some teams are impossible and severely compromise the quality of the game in a silly way... Bahrain Victorius wants 1 popular cyclist in Taiwan (i.e. a world-famous Taiwanese cyclist) and 1 popular cyclist in Bahrain XD this thing is ridiculous.

cunego59
First of all, welcome to the forum! One thing you can do to alleviate some of these problems is use our PCM.daily Database (by subscribing to it in the Steam Workshop or downloading it from this website). We've adjusted the regions that sponsors want riders from to make them more realistic.

It is indeed annoying that the popularity isn't visible anymore. We have also adjusted rider popularities in our database to more accuaretly reflect reality. But if the issue is still bad for you as you progress through your career, you can also edit rider popularities yourself by increasing the value fkIDpopularity (or something like that) in the DYN_cyclist table. If you haven't worked with an editor before, I can give you some directions on that.

GinoTom
Wow, this is great advice, thanks, I was aware of your mod but I didn't know that it also interacted with objectives and these secondary aspects, great thing!

While we are on this topic (and I repeat, thank you for your work) if I can give you a modest idea: I had tried your mod some time ago but unfortunately being very rich in content and all the races it made the simulation time slow especially during the national championships (it's certainly also the fault of my average computer), I think a great thing would be a "light" version of the mod, with the addition of the main races but not all and in general less data and fewer gigabytes. Again, it's just an idea, but thanks again Smile

GinoTom
cunego59 wrote:

First of all, welcome to the forum! One thing you can do to alleviate some of these problems is use our PCM.daily Database (by subscribing to it in the Steam Workshop or downloading it from this website). We've adjusted the regions that sponsors want riders from to make them more realistic.

It is indeed annoying that the popularity isn't visible anymore. We have also adjusted rider popularities in our database to more accuaretly reflect reality. But if the issue is still bad for you as you progress through your career, you can also edit rider popularities yourself by increasing the value fkIDpopularity (or something like that) in the DYN_cyclist table. If you haven't worked with an editor before, I can give you some directions on that.

I ask you one more thing: how does popularity work in the game mechanism? Based on annual rankings? Based on the races run? I won a Giro d'Italia with Yates and Jayco didn't give a damn XD

cunego59
GinoTom wrote:

While we are on this topic (and I repeat, thank you for your work) if I can give you a modest idea: I had tried your mod some time ago but unfortunately being very rich in content and all the races it made the simulation time slow especially during the national championships (it's certainly also the fault of my average computer), I think a great thing would be a "light" version of the mod, with the addition of the main races but not all and in general less data and fewer gigabytes. Again, it's just an idea, but thanks again Smile

We actually did have a "light pack" for one or two years. It's just that it increases the workload significantly. In the initial release, of course, but also for every update we do, we'd have to do it for both the normal pack and the light pack. And because there would be differences in the DB, sometimes it's not enough to simply copy and past one into the other.

And since we've started publishing in the Steam Workshop, we already have two different versions to maintain. With a light pack, that would then be four.

But we ask ourselves all the time how much do we want to include, what is too much? For example, we've scaled back on including variants, in part because of quality control and in part because it's easy for people to include variants themselves. Instead, we've included more equipment, which is way more complicated if users wanted to add that on their own.

Similarly, there are some databases that have even more teams and races in them then we do. But we are also aware that our national championships make those couple of days very long. We think it's cool to give every country the opportunity to race for the NC, but if we get a lot of feedback that people think it's more annoying, then we might also change that (so anyone reading this, feel free to chime in Wink ). It's a balancing act for sure.

GinoTom wrote:

I ask you one more thing: how does popularity work in the game mechanism? Based on annual rankings? Based on the races run? I won a Giro d'Italia with Yates and Jayco didn't give a damn XD

I have never really looked into it, so I can't give you a sure answer. If you wanted, you could check this yourself, though: load a weekly save file from before the Giro with an editor, check the popularity value for Yates, and compare it to the one in your current savegame, for example. I would be interested in your findings, too!

Ad Bot
Posted on 19-09-2024 23:34
Bot Agent

IP: None  
GinoTom
Thanks for the comprehensive answer Cunego!
In recent days I have been looking for tutorials on how to edit the database (pcm fast editor) as you suggested and I managed to make corrections to improve the gameplay, I understood many things but one thing remains unobtainable for me: I would like to eliminate the damn approval of the sponsor for "registered cyclists" which is obviously buggy in the standard game (in the sense that they are never happy) and this compromises the budget improvements at the end of the year... I searched item by item but I never managed to find where to edit this what, I feel like this is going to drive me crazy hehehe

GinoTom
Ok I found it! For anyone reading this topic for future reference:

GAM_career_data
Here edit the "RACE_PARTECIPATION" item by increasing the value to 40 or more and the damn sponsor will finally be happy with your work, because you can win anything you want, but if you don't edit this item they will always be unhappy XD

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Stretching out
Stretching out