· Total Members: 161,013
· Newest Member: JasonPaump
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2023 » PCM 23: General
 Print Thread
Objectives of riders
Kalach
Hi,

Can somebody explain how should I properly set - up the objectives of riders in the carrer mode? Can I somehow adjust them? How many of them should be within the quarter?
Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
* 1st Tour de Pologne ('20, '19)
* 2nd Tour of California ('19)
* 2nd Tour de Suisse ('18)
* 3rd Tour de France ('23, '21)
* 3rd Giro d’Italia ('22)
* 3rd Vuelta Espana ('23)
* 3rd Autumn Classics ('19, '18)
* 9th Spring Classics ('18)

Kalach
Can anybody help on this matter?

Ad Bot
Posted on 19-09-2024 23:20
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Kalach
Hi all,

Wondering if somebody knows any guide how this works. For instance can I somehow edit training schedule or is it simply pre-set based on the chosen objectives for the year? If you know any guidance on this matter it would be appreciated.

Thanks

cunego59
In the Objectives menu, go to the Riders tab. You can set goal races for every rider individually. PCM will generate the training schedule accordingly, but you can still edit it. You can see the bar under the races, in green, red or empty. This bar is "clickable", so you can manually adjust the fitness goal/intensity for every single week individually, completely independently of the races chosen as objectives.

The objectives, as far as I know, serve two purposes. One, they give a bonus point for race day condition, which is useful. Two, and more significantly for planning purposes, they determine the build-up of fitness peaks. Collecting points for fitness peaks starts 8 weeks before the next goal race. The crucial thing here is the spacing of goals and fitness peaks. So for example, if you set a first goal for the Ardennes and a second for the Giro, and you time the first peak correctly so that it ends a couple of days after LBL, then you won't have enough time to build a second fitness peak for the Giro (or maybe only for the final few stages or so).

If you just set every race as a goal race, you have very little control over fitness peaks. It takes some practice and experience to know what kind of training and how many race days it takes to activate a peak at a certain time, and then how quickly you can build a second etc. If you want to get a rider to a high fitness level without setting a goal race (for instance if you want your rider at a high level in Catalunya, but you don't want to build towards a fitness peak there because you want that for the Ardennes), you can do that via clicking those bars as mentioned above. How many "green weeks" of high intensity you can set in a certain interval, at what point you need to have pauses etc is again a matter of experience. For early season goals, pre-season fitness is also an important factor.

Mind you, I haven't played much career mode recently, so maybe someone has to correct me on some of these things, but this is the best description of the system as I understand it that I can give. Hope that helps a bit Smile

Alex1350030
Yes cunego that's correct, but to many screens for inscription, planificatio.. That it's juste horrible.

Kalach
cunego59 wrote:

In the Objectives menu, go to the Riders tab. You can set goal races for every rider individually. PCM will generate the training schedule accordingly, but you can still edit it. You can see the bar under the races, in green, red or empty. This bar is "clickable", so you can manually adjust the fitness goal/intensity for every single week individually, completely independently of the races chosen as objectives.

The objectives, as far as I know, serve two purposes. One, they give a bonus point for race day condition, which is useful. Two, and more significantly for planning purposes, they determine the build-up of fitness peaks. Collecting points for fitness peaks starts 8 weeks before the next goal race. The crucial thing here is the spacing of goals and fitness peaks. So for example, if you set a first goal for the Ardennes and a second for the Giro, and you time the first peak correctly so that it ends a couple of days after LBL, then you won't have enough time to build a second fitness peak for the Giro (or maybe only for the final few stages or so).

If you just set every race as a goal race, you have very little control over fitness peaks. It takes some practice and experience to know what kind of training and how many race days it takes to activate a peak at a certain time, and then how quickly you can build a second etc. If you want to get a rider to a high fitness level without setting a goal race (for instance if you want your rider at a high level in Catalunya, but you don't want to build towards a fitness peak there because you want that for the Ardennes), you can do that via clicking those bars as mentioned above. How many "green weeks" of high intensity you can set in a certain interval, at what point you need to have pauses etc is again a matter of experience. For early season goals, pre-season fitness is also an important factor.

Mind you, I haven't played much career mode recently, so maybe someone has to correct me on some of these things, but this is the best description of the system as I understand it that I can give. Hope that helps a bit Smile

Thank you Cunego, it has been helpful! I did not know that about the bars in the riders objectives menu that I can click on them and set the intensity. Now the question is how should I work with that intensity? For instance if I want to have Giro and Tour as an objective, any ideas how to adjust those bars? Or better to rely on the schedule as per objectives?
Also how is the fitness influenced by racing and tranining/break. Isnt there any explanation? I tried to look it up on cyanide website but did not find anything particular useful.

Kalach
cunego59 wrote:

Thank you Cunego, it has been helpful! I did not know that about the bars in the riders objectives menu that I can click on them and set the intensity. Now the question is how should I work with that intensity? For instance if I want to have Giro and Tour as an objective, any ideas how to adjust those bars? Or better to rely on the schedule as per objectives? Also what about the weeks where there is no bar? What does it mean?
Also how is the fitness influenced by racing and tranining/break. Isnt there any explanation? I tried to look it up on cyanide website but did not find anything particular useful.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password