Users Online
· Guests Online: 35

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,013
· Newest Member: JasonPaump
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2023 » PCM 23: Database
 Print Thread
Making 2004 DB (assistance would be appreciated)
Ad Bot
Posted on 19-09-2024 23:40
Bot Agent

IP: None  
timpiej
Hi

I'm making a 2004 DB for the 2023 version of PCM.

Why 2004?
It marked the change of generations. The older generation being Museeuw, Pieri, Cipollini, Petacchi, Armstrong, Ullrich, etc. The younger generation stands up: Boonen, Cancellara, Cavendish, Andy Schleck, Contador, etc.
And personally it was the first year I bought PCM (named Cycling Manager 4 at the time) and started really following cycling.

Okay, 2004 DB, so what?
My plan is to disable the generation of young cyclist and instead add young riders every year. With adding young riders I mean the actual riders that started racing in 2005, 2006, etc, This way you could re-write history in a realistic way. I am working on a huge excel file where all riders are present. Als palmares and records at the end of the 2003 season are present aswell as the years riders are suspended and retiring (so next to adding riders every year I will also take out the suspended riders for next season and the retiring riders.
The stat matrix should be the same as the PCMdaily DB's because most of the stats are based on pcmdaily DB's stats. All files in the program folder are credited to the PCMdaily DB-team.

Yeah yeah, then where would you need assistance for?
Best case scenario? Actual routes from 2004-2023 for most races, shirts for the teams active in 2004 (f.e. Saeco), shirts used 2004-2022 (I could make a list if somebody wants to help with any of these of what I would need). Aswell as fantasy shirts for sponsors if sponsor contracts run out, as I like realism these shirts can have any sponsors you want except for equipment brands (I hate for Specialized-sponsors to be on the shirt and then the team riding Trek bikes and Bontrager helmets...).

Looks cool, when are you planning to release?
I'm gonna go PCMdaily-style here and say "when it's ready". It also depends on wether some people want to help me or not.
If there's a lot of interest I could potentially start a Patreon page so people can send me their DB and I will offer the service of adding/deleting/editing their career DB's so they can focus on just playing the game. If there is some profit made from this I will obviously share it with the people who helped me.

I've noticed PCM Daily has lost a lot of activity over the years if anybody has idea's where I can post this aswell, please do share.

Peace out

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Feedback menu