· Newest Member: Schmaull1010
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2018 » PCM 18: Graphics
 Print Thread
PCM.daily Graphics Contest: Rookie Edition
haasje33
i.imgur.com/xfjJ8vt.png

Have you ever wanted to create your own jerseys, but you have little experience or none at all? Then this contest is the ideal platform for you! During this contest you will be able to learn and master new techniques and at the end of the line you'll be able to create awesome jerseypacks!

Contest design

PCM.daily's Graphics Contest is back and this time it's for the starting jerseymakers. The design of the contest is adjusted to help "rookies" learn and master all aspects of jerseymaking. The contest consists of multiple rounds and each round will focus on a different aspect of jerseymaking. The submitted graphics will be scored by the judges. These scores will lead to a ranking and the best jerseymakers at the end of the line will have the priviledge of their jerseypack(s) ending up in PCM.daily's Expansion Pack 2018.

Joining the contest

You'll have free choice in which rounds you want to participate, but you'll have a bigger chance at winning the competition if you participate in all rounds. Along with that, you'll only truly master the art of jerseymaking when you go through all tutorials.

Any member can join after the competition has started. You will start in the first upcoming round and won't be able to compete in the previous rounds.

Tutorials

We will create multiple tutorials regarding all aspects of jerseymaking, which will show you how to create jerseys and jerseypacks step-by-step. Each round will be a different assignment based on he tutorial connected to that round.

You can find the tutorials in the thread [Tutorial] Creating jerseypacks.

Rules

1. Double submissions are not allowed. You can submit a second jersey as long as the round is running, but that will replace your first submission.
2. You can only use the techniques that have been in the tutorials up to that round. Submissions that use more advanced techniques won't be scored by the judges.
3. Any graphics you submit have to be strictly your own. If the judges find proof for plagiarism, that member will be banned from the rest of the contest.
4. You are not allowed to use the preset shapes provided in the template pack.

The rounds

RoundCategoryStartingDeadline
1The basicsMon 09/07 14:30 CETFri 13/07 19:00 CET
2Bending logos
3Creating shapes
4Creating NC, WC & GT leader jerseys
5Creating accessories and minijersey
6Creating custom equipment

Judges and scoring

Throughout the contest, there will be a panel of 4 judges who will each score the jerseys separately. They will score the jerseys from 1 to 10 in the following categories:
- Technique
- Creativity
- In-game looks
- Speed*
* The participant that submitted first will get the highest score on speed, the one that submitted last will get the lowest score. However, all judges have to score your submission at least 6 out of 10 on the other 3 categories, otherwise your total score for the category "Speed" will be 0.

Sign up for this contest by sending a PM to haasje33. At the start of each round you will receive a link to the submission form in a PM as well. You have to upload the files as described in the round description (which will be published in here at the start of the round), as well as the PSD files in which you've been working.

If you have any questions regarding this contest, feel free to ask them below.
Edited by haasje33 on 09-07-2018 14:24

Ad Bot
Posted on 17-07-2018 04:57
Bot Agent

IP: None  
haasje33
General Classification

#ContestantPoints
Agent David
croatia14
dummies76
frankieorabona
lezz41
MountainMaster
Nathanvh
redordead
viking90

Edited by haasje33 on 13-07-2018 11:00

haasje33
Round 1: Ranking

#ContestantPoints
Agent David
croatia14
dummies76
frankieorabona
lezz41
MountainMaster
Nathanvh
redordead
viking90

Edited by haasje33 on 13-07-2018 11:02

haasje33
The first tutorial has been posted!
[Tutorials] Creating jerseypacks

Read it through carefully and experiment with it a bit, because the contest will start tomorrow!

[center]i.imgur.com/WhhQHeO.png

haasje33
Round 1: The Basics - assignment
Create a jersey using the techniques you've learned in the tutorial with sponsors of your own choice.

Also create your own signature background replacing the grey background of the template.

Be creative!

You can send in your submission here!

Deadline: Friday 13/07/2018 at 19:00 CET

Remember to sign up for the contest by sending a PM to haasje33 if you haven't done this yet.
Edited by haasje33 on 09-07-2018 14:29

haasje33
We are halfway through the contest and only 2 out of 8 participants have submitted their jerseys. Make sure you're on time with your submission, otherwise you won't score any points in this round!

It is also still possible to enter the contest. Send me (haasje33) a PM saying you are joining the contest and submit the files for round 1 before Friday 19:00 CET. There is still plenty of time left as creating the jersey for the first round should take about an hour or 2.

haasje33
Less than 18 hours left in round 1...

Make sure to send in your submissions on time!

haasje33
Sadly, only 4 of the contestants have submitted their jersey in time. Because it's too much work creating the tutorials for only 4 contestants, we are giving the contestants another 2 days to send in their submission for round 1. New contestants are also still welcome for that period.

The new deadline is Sunday 15/07/2018 at 19:00 CET

viking90
Thats sucks, hopefully more will send in this weekend.
Was looking forward to learn more, even if I dont got much talent in this area Pfft

Croatia14
tbh I'm still stuck at the part that I have an idea I really like, but I'm failing to set it up as photoshop CS2 is a pain in the ass for me with the fact that it can't open vectors...trying to find an idea to combine motivation and tools for making stuff work... Smile
i.imgur.com/WmEHAuL.png
i.imgur.com/LIXbw59.png
i.imgur.com/4LAnmmu.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/mostimproved.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/newmanager.png
i.imgur.com/vR8EVAA.png

haasje33
If you're using Photoshop CS2, leave the idea of the vectors and just use PNG files for the logos instead. The only reason vectors are preferred is that they can be opened at any size without loss of quality. As long as you have a PNG file that's > 1000px wide, that will be more than enough for the jersey.

We are currently looking at the possibility to create the tutorial for Paint.NET as well. In that case, there might be another run for round 1 as soon as that tutorial has been made and published.

For the next rounds, we can announce that, if there are enough participants, we will extend the deadline to 2 weeks after the start of the round instead of 1 week.

Croatia14
We are currently looking at the possibility to create the tutorial for Paint.NET as well. In that case, there might be another run for round 1 as soon as that tutorial has been made and published.

Sounds awesome, because it would be more sustainable to learn it properly with that when it's constantly free than with something with which I could only use a 1 month trial or only the CS2 version.

Thank you for your efforts, the first tutorial was an awesome read anyway.
i.imgur.com/WmEHAuL.png
i.imgur.com/LIXbw59.png
i.imgur.com/4LAnmmu.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/mostimproved.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/newmanager.png
i.imgur.com/vR8EVAA.png

dummies76
I joined the contest and the forum because I already use PHOTOSHOP.

I would be interested in the tutorial with photoshop ...
If there is also the Paint.net tutorial, the it's great (but I think it is wasteful for the organizers).
In case there was only the Paint.net tutorial I Will leave the contest, because I'm Not interested in using Paint.net

dummies76
Croatia14 wrote:
tbh I'm still stuck at the part that I have an idea I really like, but I'm failing to set it up as photoshop CS2 is a pain in the ass for me with the fact that it can't open vectors...trying to find an idea to combine motivation and tools for making stuff work... Smile

To use .svg files on photoshop I downloaded INKSCAPE
I open the. Svg file with Inkscape, the I Save them as .eps file
Then I open this file in Photoshop.

haasje33
dummies76 wrote:
I joined the contest and the forum because I already use PHOTOSHOP.

I would be interested in the tutorial with photoshop ...
If there is also the Paint.net tutorial, the it's great (but I think it is wasteful for the organizers).
In case there was only the Paint.net tutorial I Will leave the contest, because I'm Not interested in using Paint.net

Nobody said anything about the Photoshop tutorials being discontinued, which most certainly is not the case Wink

Personally I think every jerseymaker should use Photoshop CC as it contains a lot of useful features that CS2 or Paint.NET as free alternatives don't have. However, I also understand that not everyone can afford or wants to pay the monthly subscription fee. Therefore, we are currently looking into the possibility of a Paint.NET tutorial next to the Photoshop version. However, these are 2 completely different programs with different methods, so it might take a while for us to make this tutorial.

Agent David
I really don't understand why such a few people are involved. I think it's a great opportunity to learn with Photoshop. It's a shame that it's all done for such a handful of people. I hope somebody will join us soon. Thanks for great tutorial and I'm looking forward to next round. Wink

Ste117
If you are still taking entries, I will give it ago, I won't be very good and will need to get my hands on photoshop.
MG Team manager Team Ticos Air Costa Rica

i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh592/caspervdluijt/gfx/Valverde.png

sgdanny
I am sad to announce that this competition has been canceled permanently and therefore submissions are also closed. If you still would like feedback on your submission, just pm me and I will give you the comments we've given to each artist. You are free to use this tutorial to improve your jersey making, however there are not planned a continuation of this tutorial either. We will work toward looking for new talent on the site through other means soon, but not through this contest. Thank you for participating
i.imgur.com/pyvc2uc.png

viking90
Sad that suck but understand if it was not much people joining.

Agent David
SadSadSad
At least I learned something. I would like to learn bend logos. Will there be a tutorial? ThanksSmile

Jump to Forum: