· Total Members: 161,119
· Newest Member: Arisha4kn
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2011
 Print Thread
Time Trial vs Prologue
sobrano
i have 2 questions:

1) how to work Time Trial and Prologue? they are both active in TT stages? with a TT/PRO rate? (similar to HIL/MON rate?)

2) in a TT stage with Hilly profile or Mountain profile, is Time Trial skill active while i am running on a climb with a TT/HIL rate? or Time trial skill work only on flat sectors?

ty,sobrano

Quizzor
Not totally sure on ur question but i give you wht i knw about TT. In TT you look at the small map flat is green, hill is orange and Mountain is red. Now depending on the TT the skills will apply. Not all time trials are dependent on TT skills.
Prologue skill is used when you have 50 Km TT.
When i do time trial i turn tht yellow thing off and raise and lower the effort bar as the race goes on
Hope tht helps

Ad Bot
Posted on 30-09-2024 02:28
Bot Agent

IP: None  
tehMalone
Quizzor wrote:
Not totally sure on ur question but i give you wht i knw about TT. In TT you look at the small map flat is green, hill is orange and Mountain is red. Now depending on the TT the skills will apply. Not all time trials are dependent on TT skills.
Prologue skill is used when you have 50 Km TT.
When i do time trial i turn tht yellow thing off and raise and lower the effort bar as the race goes on
Hope tht helps

Sorry mate, you sooo missed the point:
1. What he is asking for is in the DB, I reckon, as he has previously asked for stuff like this.

2. You are right about the fact that the more hills there are, the less the TT skill applies, but he knew that as well

3. The prolouge stat is NOT for 50 km TT. A Prolouge is a short TT, up to about 10 km. Like the first stage of a race like Paris Nice. Prolouge means something like "first" or something like that, and they are normaly less than 10 kms. That's why some 'sprinters' have high Prolouge stat.

Quizzor
Awesome mate just another thing to add to my knowledge of this game thanks

sobrano
tehMalone wrote:

Sorry mate, you sooo missed the point:
1. What he is asking for is in the DB

3. A Prolouge is a short TT, up to about 10 km. .

3)so let me know if i understood...
if the stage is 9.9 km it is a considered a prologue so TT skill is totally disabled while PRL skill is enabled.
when i am approaching a climb in a T.T-Mountain stage i have to consider:
PRL skill+MON skill if stage is <10km
iTT skill+MON skill if the stage is >10km

1) there is a DYN_ or a STA_ file where i can read coefficents and numbers about this question?

CrueTrue
No, that's not correct. I don't have the exact quote, but both stats are used no matter the length.

http://www.pcmdaily.com
sobrano
CrueTrue wrote:
No, that's not correct. I don't have the exact quote, but both stats are used no matter the length.

so you are saying: for any TT stages, PRL and TT skills are both enabled?
but u dont know anything about TT/PRL rate as a function of stage length ?

CrueTrue
I'm not obsessed with the technical figures, so I can't really help you any further Wink

This is the non-technical version, provided by issoisso:
"If the distance is sufficiently short, only the prologue stat is used. If it's sufficiently long, only the TT stat is used. In between, both are used, to a varying degree. Obviously, the longer the distance, the more the TT stat is used and vice-versa"

http://www.pcmdaily.com
Goldberg80
I'm curious about this as well.

roturn
I have seen an overview in the last weeks, but wasn`t able to find it again.
But it was pretty much like this.

<8km -> 100% prologue
<20km -> 60% prologue, 40% time trial
30km -> 50/50
<40km -> 70TT, 30prl
>40km more and more 100% TT

These values are probably not 100% exactly but it might help to understand the system.

lasol
roturn wrote:

<8km -> 100% prologue
30km -> 50/50
<40km -> 70TT, 30prl

These values are probably not 100% exactly but it might help to understand the system.

I Hope PRL stat isn't used at all for TTs over 20km. It's unrealistic. With continental teams, you rarely get TT's over 20km. In Bayern Rundfarth (if I recall correctly) there's a 35km TT, but otherwise they're 3-20km. PRL is ProLogue. less than 10km In real life (Or is it 8km).. So for continental teams you should find a good PRL'er, not a goor TT'er, which is unrealistic...

If those r correct.

roturn
Imo it`s a mix of both values until ~40km.
But on time trials longer than 20km the prologue stat becomes more and more unimportant with every additional kilometer.

sobrano
CrueTrue wrote:
I'm not obsessed with the technical figures, so I can't really help you any further Wink

This is the non-technical version, provided by issoisso:
"If the distance is sufficiently short, only the prologue stat is used. If it's sufficiently long, only the TT stat is used. In between, both are used, to a varying degree. Obviously, the longer the distance, the more the TT stat is used and vice-versa"

ty vm anyway, Smile i always need numbers to fully understand the game
i am sorry Smile

sobrano
roturn wrote:

<8km -> 100% prologue
30km -> 50/50
<40km -> 70TT, 30prl

this table is very interesting... it will be nice to find the source...

roturn
This here was the experience by Daniano, who tested it with PCM10.
That was the overview I was looking for.

-5km = 100% Prologue
10km = 80% Prologue & 20% TT
15km = 60% Prologue & 40% TT
20km = 40% Prologue & 60% TT
25km = 20% Prologue & 80% TT
30+km = 100% TT

sobrano
roturn wrote:
This here was the experience by Daniano, who tested it with PCM10.
That was the overview I was looking for.

-5km = 100% Prologue
10km = 80% Prologue & 20% TT
15km = 60% Prologue & 40% TT
20km = 40% Prologue & 60% TT
25km = 20% Prologue & 80% TT
30+km = 100% TT

ty so much, do you know something like that but about TT/HIL for the climb of the TT stages?

for exemple:
slope 0% = 100%TT & 0 HILL
slope 4% =50% TT & 50% HILL

roturn
The hill/mountain difference is defined in the DB. It doesn`t matter if timetrial or normal stage.

In STA_Stage there is gene_f_mountain.
A 1 means 100% mountain stat on every climb, even if it`s just a very short one.
A 0 is 100% hill.
a 0,5 of course 50/50.
The values in between should be clear then.

You could for example change the 1 in todays Galibier stage to a 0. Then Gilbert will be the top favourite, no matter if there are high slopes as his 83 hill stat would favour him then.

In mountain timetrials it`s normally a 1, so 100% mountain stat on all slopes.
In flat TT`s it`s normally 0 (- 0,25), so the hill stat is everywhere more important.
Edited by roturn on 21-07-2011 18:18

mnissen
I don´t think sobranos question was related to the hill/mountain difference. I think he want´s to know at what point the hill/mountain stats affect riders on a tt.

sobrano
roturn wrote:
The hill/mountain difference is defined in the DB. It doesn`t matter if timetrial or normal stage.

In mountain timetrials it`s normally a 1, so 100% mountain stat on all slopes.
In flat TT`s it`s normally 0 (- 0,25), so the hill stat is everywhere more important.

what that i mean is something about TT(or PRL) skill

if we consider gene_mountain =1 so when i am running on a climb i have to consider HILL=0%,MON=100%, and what about TT(or PRL)=?
with other words: TT skill or PRL skill work only on flat sectors? or is it combined with MON?

sobrano
mnissen wrote:
I don´t think sobranos question was related to the hill/mountain difference. I think he want´s to know at what point the hill/mountain stats affect riders on a tt.

i want to know at what point TT skill affect riders on climbing of TT stages (without FLAT sectors)
Edited by sobrano on 21-07-2011 21:51

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
I did it!