· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,119
· Newest Member: Arisha4kn
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2009
 Print Thread
FTR and ACC
sobrano
1.FTR value is active only for AI like pcm2008?

2. A good Acceleration can save a little portion of red bar is it true for sprint too?

Maximka
1. FTR - is active for player too. It's how fast your red bar increasing in the stage
Jerseymaker from Russia
img15.hostingpics.net/pics/713935winner1.png

img15.hostingpics.net/pics/9367052post.png

img15.hostingpics.net/pics/963628winner2.png

mbelashov.ru
sobrano
and acceleration work on red bar of sprint too? or just on conventional red bar?

issoisso
Acceleration is how fast the rider accelerates to his top speed when you attack or sprint, so as a result of that, better acceleration = faster he will be able to follow, so therefore he will use less energy.

Also, climbers with higher acceleration will get a bonus in climbing high % climbs. Just like climbers with high TT get a bonus in climbing low % climbs.

As for FTR, what Eyolfur, programmer at Cyanide said was that it has only two effects:

For AI, higher FTR = more likely he will attack

For the user, higher FTR = more likely he will get a flashing green bar when he attacks (or uses infinite relay at 99% which is like attacking but without the "jump"Wink
The preceding post is ISSO 9001 certified

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

"I love him, I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense" - Bradley Wiggins on Lance Armstrong

sobrano
Maximka wrote:
1. FTR - is active for player too. It's how fast your red bar increasing in the stage

just tested it is not true!! red bar recover is same with FTR=60 or FTR=80

lechia
I've experienced a great example of what issoisso wrote about. I have Gesink as my main GC guy in the Tour. He's a great climber, but compared to Contador, his acceleration is slow. When Contador goes, even if I respond instantaneously, a gap opens up, because AC is just so explosive (high ACC). The result? Contador has won the Tour in 2009, 2010, 2011 with my best result coming in 2011 (2nd). Of course you could argue that Contador is also much better in the TT, but in general I have been unable to gain much time on him in the mountains, not because he's a better climber, but rather because he's so explosive he can get a gap on anyone and they have to waste more energy to stay with him (close down the gap).

CrueTrue
As issoisso said, FTR = more likely a rider will get a flashing green bar when he attacks

http://www.pcmdaily.com
sobrano
lechia wrote:
I've experienced a great example of what issoisso wrote about. I have Gesink as my main GC guy in the Tour. He's a great climber, but compared to Contador, his acceleration is slow. When Contador goes, even if I respond instantaneously, a gap opens up, because AC is just so explosive (high ACC). The result? Contador has won the Tour in 2009, 2010, 2011 with my best result coming in 2011 (2nd). Of course you could argue that Contador is also much better in the TT, but in general I have been unable to gain much time on him in the mountains, not because he's a better climber, but rather because he's so explosive he can get a gap on anyone and they have to waste more energy to stay with him (close down the gap).

ty a lot for your help but you cant speak about contator or Gesink or di luca etc this is a test not based on sensations but on numbers,any riders with same skills and conditions and moral etc...

sobrano
CrueTrue wrote:
As issoisso said, FTR = more likely a rider will get a flashing green bar when he attacks

i can see this very very well for PCM 2006 i dont see it anymore on 07 08 and 09

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Stygt fall
Stygt fall