· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,013
· Newest Member: JasonPaump
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Results PT/PTHC
 Print Thread
Eindhoven TTT
SportingNonsense
18 teams to race, and the first to start were Eurosport - last year's surprise winners. How they would like to repeat that.
i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/DailyManGame2010/PTC/eindhoven1.jpg

But theres no repeat win, immediately Credit Lyonnais beat them, by 16 seconds
i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/DailyManGame2010/PTC/eindhoven2.jpg

Rabobank are next, but are some way back - 1'19 after Credit Lyonnais
i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/DailyManGame2010/PTC/eindhoven3.jpg

American Suzuki are the slowest of all, and on the line they are caught by Virgin Media. Virgin started off fast - 2nd quickest of every team - but a slow middle put them out of the top 10 overall, and they were 15 seconds behind Credit Lyonnais. But as Kovalev, Stannard and Phinney lead them over the finish, they are back to the quick times and into the lead - now 12 seconds faster than Credit Lyonnais.
i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/DailyManGame2010/PTC/eindhoven4.jpg

4th for Warner Brothers, at just over a minute
i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/DailyManGame2010/PTC/eindhoven5.jpg

Soon after finishing is Lipton Ice Tea. Led by Kashechkin, they were slower than Virgin at the first check, quicker at the second, and theres just 4 seconds in it at the finish. But its only 2nd for Lipton.
i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/DailyManGame2010/PTC/eindhoven6.jpg

Rogers is a key part for La Gazetta, but fellow Aussie Michael Ford is another key part of the line up. Theyve been quick, 2nd at the 2nd check, some 26 seconds up on Virgin. Surely they cant mess up? They dont, its a new lead, by 25 seconds.
i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/DailyManGame2010/PTC/eindhoven7.jpg

Festina have a strong line up - no stand out individual performers but consistently strong - and that has showed early in the course. 3rd at the first check, 3rd at the second - only 1 second behind La Gazetta. This could be a close one. But it does feel like a slow finish, theyve faded badly and are only a provisional 3rd at the finish, 27 behind La Gazetta, and also slower than Virgin - the latter beat them by some 30 seconds in the final third of the course.
i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/DailyManGame2010/PTC/eindhoven8.jpg

Accumalux arent the same calibre TTT team as in the past. They go 6th for now, 44 seconds down
i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/DailyManGame2010/PTC/eindhoven9.jpg

Despite the presence of Cancellara, Unicef are slower, 8th. over a minute down.
i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/DailyManGame2010/PTC/eindhoven10.jpg

Philips-Hummel have put in a strong ride so far, and might fancy their chances of beating Virgin at the finish - or at least Festina. But no, not quite, theyre 4 seconds behind Virgin, 2 behind Festina. The bonus? They beat Lipton, by less than a second.
i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/DailyManGame2010/PTC/eindhoven11.jpg

White Bear Wild Horse ride to 9th, just slower than Eurosport
i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/DailyManGame2010/PTC/eindhoven12.jpg

Wikipedia are next to the finish, the favourites for today. Theyve topped the charts at the checkpoints - but La Gazetta have been gaining on them. Wikipedia were 8 ahead of the Italian team at Check 1, but only 5 at Check 2 - what have the likes of Zabriskie, Coppel, Spilak and Uran got in the tank?
i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/DailyManGame2010/PTC/eindhoven13.jpg

Its close, so close. Infact, there is less than a second between them. Its fractional, but its enough - Wikipedia take the lead
i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/DailyManGame2010/PTC/eindhoven14.jpg

Jack Wolfskin are the wildcard team here, led by Cornu, they take a provisional 7th
i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/DailyManGame2010/PTC/eindhoven15.jpg

British Airways next, and they join American Suzuki in being the only teams over 2 minutes slower. They do beat their relegation rivals however
i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/DailyManGame2010/PTC/eindhoven16.jpg

SIC Radical ride to 14th, 1'35 down
i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/DailyManGame2010/PTC/eindhoven17.jpg

The final team, B&O, they could be a threat to the podium. 6th at check 1, 4th at Check 2, but they come in only 7th. If only they could have gone slightly faster - 1 second and it wouldve been 5th - 5 seconds and it wouldve been 3rd
i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/DailyManGame2010/PTC/eindhoven18.jpg

And that is it, Wikipedia have won here in Endhoven.

In terms of ranking points, all those who finish within 10 seconds of the first rider from their team will score the points earned per position the team came.

1Wikipedia1h01'51
David Zabriskie, Rigoberto Úran, Simon Spilak, Jerome Coppel, Martijn Keizer, Christian Meier, Sébastien Ivars
2La Gazzetta dello Sports.t.
Michael Ford, Dennis Van Winden, Rick Flens, Joost Posthuma, Michael Rogers, Alexandre Vinokourov
3Virgin Media - Caisse d'Epargne+ 25
Ivan Kovalev, Ian Stannard, Aleksandr Bespalov, Taylor Phinney, Lars Boom, Pim Ligthart, Alex Rasmussen
4Festina - Seiko+ 27
Thor Hushovd, Kristof Goddaert, Brian Vandborg, Patrick Gretsch, Sergio Ortega, Jurgen Van Goolen, Alberto Contador, Steve Morabito
5Philips - Hummel+ 29
Pierre Rolland, Fabio Duarte, Lars Ytting Bak, Vladimir Gusev, Niels Scheunemann, Kasper Klostergaard, Egoi Martínez de Esteban, László Bodrogi
6Lipton Ice Teas.t.
Francisco Perez Sanchez, Gregor Gazvoda, Andrei Kashechkin, Logan Hutchings, Przemyslaw Niemiec, Iker Camaño
7Team B&Os.t.
Nico Keinath, Thomas De Gendt, André Steensen, Andrei Grivko, Maxime Bouet, Domenik Klemme, Casper Jørgensen
8Jack Wolfskin+ 34
Dominique Cornu, Kai Reus, Kim Kirchen, Kristof Vandewalle, Koen De Kort, Paul Martens
9Crédit Lyonnais+ 37
William Bonnet, Adrian Laidler, David Abal, Kévin Lalouette, Dimitri Champion, Juri Krivtsov, Moises Dueñas, Luigi Sestili
10Accumalux-Huez+ 44
Marcel Barth, Beñat Intxausti, Marcel Kittel, Rafaâ Chtioui, Drasutis Stundzia, Remmert Wielinga, Nick Clesen, Matea Kvasina
11Eurosport+ 53
Andreas Klöden, Sébastien Joly, Luke Roberts, Thomas Lövkvist, Francisco Mancebo, Sergei Lagutin, Marco Pinotti, José Angel Gomez Marchante
12White Bear - Wild Horse+ 55
Pavel Brutt, Jacob Fiedler, Andrei Amador, Maxime Monfort, John-Lee Augustyn, Thomas Rohregger, Konstantin Siutsou, Vladimir Bileka
13Unicef RT+ 1'08
Jaroslav Popovych, Fabian Cancellara, Juan José Cobo, Jairo Agudelo, Jurgen Roelandts, Sean Finning, Clément Lhotellerie, Jaime Suaza
14Warner Brothers+ 1'30
Johan Coenen, Sébastien Rosseler, Carlos Barredo, Sergei Kolesnikov, Kevin Van Impe, Juan-Antonio Flecha, Yannick Talabardon
15SIC Radical - Timberland+ 1'35
Sérgio Paulinho, Michiel Elijzen, William Walker, Markus Fothen, Jukka Vastaranta, David Vitoria, Jackson Rodríguez, Eric Berthou
16Rabobank+ 1'56
Yoann Offredo, Mathieu Heijboer, Mikayil Krasnoperov, Michiel Van Aelbroeck, David Moncoutié, Jordi Grau, Amaël Moinard, Steve Zampieri
17British Airways - Martini+ 2'33
Sylvain Chavanel, Jens Mouris, David Millar, Lars Tommersen, Erik Hoffmann, Iman Suparman
18American Suzuki+ 2'48
Benoît Vaugrenard, Ivan Parra Pinto, Evgeni Sokolov, Andrea Moletta, Tim Nederlof, César Rojas Villegas, Emanuele Rizza

Non-scoring:
Danny PateWikipedia+ 11
Mauro SantambrogioLa Gazzetta dello Sport+ 28
William FordVirgin Media - Caisse d'Epargne+ 36
Thomas FreiLipton Ice Tea+ 41
Michael Faerk ChristensenTeam B&O+ 45
Alex Ardila CanoJack Wolfskin+ 45
Matteo BonoLa Gazzetta dello Sport+ 49
Marcel SiebergJack Wolfskin+ 1'02
Wilfried CretskensWarner Brothers+ 1'59
Alberto LoddoLipton Ice Tea+ 2'05
Christian FrommeltBritish Airways - Martini+ 2'46