· Total Members: 161,112
· Newest Member: christophed74
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
Expansion Pack: Stat Discussion
ppanther
PhilipBusch wrote:
Now we're talking of climbers with too high sprint stats, what's up with froome 66 sprint?? that is better than some of the very good finishers among the climbers like mollema or martin and it is only one point lower than cancellara? Yes, he (Froome) is pretty explosive on mountains, but he never showed anything in a sprint, besides barely beating contador in Oman, who wasn't even in very good shape. I think 63 would be appropriate.

He is one of the examples and i mentioned him a few pages ago. I think you just could adjust the explosiveness on climbs with ACC stats. Personally i would give him 60/61 SP. Contador isn't a good sprinter either, explosive but not a good sprinter.
Edited by ppanther on 17-04-2013 18:47

PhilipBusch
ppanther wrote:
PhilipBusch wrote:
Now we're talking of climbers with too high sprint stats, what's up with froome 66 sprint?? that is better than some of the very good finishers among the climbers like mollema or martin and it is only one point lower than cancellara? Yes, he (Froome) is pretty explosive on mountains, but he never showed anything in a sprint, besides barely beating contador in Oman, who wasn't even in very good shape. I think 63 would be appropriate.

He is one of the examples and i mentioned him a few pages ago. I think you just could adjust the explosiveness on climbs with ACC stats. Personally i would give him 60/61 SP. Contador isn't a good sprinter either, explosive but not a good sprinter.

Exactly. For example Purito shouldn't have a very high sprint stat either. He is the best when it comes to short, steep finishes, but when sprinting on the flat he is not extraordinary at all. Valverde is a lot faster than him on the flat, but isn't as good when it comes to those steep finishes.

Alakagom
GC sprint stats are adjusted in update. Small update about the update

1* Potentials of select group of riders have been lowered to see how the game fares with them i.e test if there are any problems with lowering potentials of riders at top very unlikely to improve as a rider.

So i.e. Evans has potential 2 etc. Now, this is done for selected group and not all riders as I want to test it to see if there are any problems, if not I'll re-do all potentials for next big DB release. So if you do notice any strange things, please report them here, but I'll remind about closer to release.
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

PhilipBusch
Alakagom wrote:

1* Potentials of select group of riders have been lowered to see how the game fares with them i.e test if there are any problems with lowering potentials of riders at top very unlikely to improve as a rider.

So i.e. Evans has potential 2 etc. Now, this is done for selected group and not all riders as I want to test it to see if there are any problems, if not I'll re-do all potentials for next big DB release. So if you do notice any strange things, please report them here, but I'll remind about closer to release.

Sounds good. On another note, when I download the update, will I have to download a completely new file or can I just download the CDB file?

ppanther
PhilipBusch wrote:
Sounds good. On another note, when I download the update, will I have to download a completely new file or can I just download the CDB file?

Depends on what wil be included in the update, but i am pretty sure it is only a stat update. So yes, cdb will be the only thing too download.

Alakagom
PhilipBusch wrote:
Alakagom wrote:

Only cdb. so it's quite handy Wink
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

Ad Bot
Posted on 28-09-2024 14:24
Bot Agent

IP: None  
issoisso
baseballlover312 wrote:
alex valceanu wrote:
ppanther wrote:
TheManxMissile wrote:
fcancellara wrote:
78 MO, 77 HIL would be alright for Dan Martin atm.

I'd say the other way around, 77MO 78HL
Clearly his best results are the hilly classics, and he hasn't had a major MO result since 2011

+1

Agreed. That's what I say too Wink And cmon he won Vuelta Cataluna where all the "big" guys where not in good shape .

But why would he be in any better shape than them?

Because he lives in Catalunya and he wanted to win his "home" race very badly for a few years now.

Also, Vaughters himself says Martin's the future leader of the team for the classics, not a man for GTs

Alakagom wrote:

? Flat stat counts and they already have crap flat stats. Why change?
Edited by issoisso on 18-04-2013 00:10
The preceding post is ISSO 9001 certified

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

"I love him, I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense" - Bradley Wiggins on Lance Armstrong

baseballlover312
issoisso wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:
alex valceanu wrote:
ppanther wrote:
TheManxMissile wrote:
fcancellara wrote:
78 MO, 77 HIL would be alright for Dan Martin atm.

I'd say the other way around, 77MO 78HL
Clearly his best results are the hilly classics, and he hasn't had a major MO result since 2011

+1

Agreed. That's what I say too Wink And cmon he won Vuelta Cataluna where all the "big" guys where not in good shape .

But why would he be in any better shape than them?

Because he lives in Catalunya and he wanted to win his "home" race very badly for a few years now.

Also, Vaughters himself says Martin's the future leader of the team for the classics, not a man for GTs

Well, his time trialing would keep himfrom winning a GT, and I don't think a 78 would let him win one anyway.

Blueprint
With 77 MO, Dan Martin can easily get (very) good results in Spanish stage races like Catalunya and even the Vuelta, so I don't really see the problem here.

Ian Butler
And if you disagree, you can easily edit his stats yourself Wink

Most mountain stages have a ratio that hill matters almost just as much, I think, no?

raulvasa_9
Alakagom, can you show us the top 5 riders in every stat?? or in the main stats at least?' i can´t wait for start a new story¡¡

baseballlover312
Ian Butler wrote:

Most mountain stages have a ratio that hill matters almost just as much, I think, no?

No. The mtn-hill ratio would cancel it out if it was a big mtn stage. Wink

And I've never seen a Vuelta mtn stage won by a 77 in-game.
Edited by baseballlover312 on 18-04-2013 13:49

fickman
baseballlover312 wrote:
Ian Butler wrote:

And I've never seen a Vuelta mtn stage won buy a 77 in-game.

He will not stay at 77 Wink With a potencial 6 he has good chances of becomen a 79 - 80 mountain rider Banana

baseballlover312
fickman wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:
Ian Butler wrote:

And I've never seen a Vuelta mtn stage won buy a 77 in-game.

He will not stay at 77 Wink With a potencial 6 he has good chances of becomen a 79 - 80 mountain rider Banana

Very true. But even with mtn stat out of the way, I think his hill stat should be upgraded to 78.

TheManxMissile
baseballlover312 wrote:
Ian Butler wrote:

I've seen a 74MO win the Vuelta.. twice! The form gets so screwed at that point the Vuelta just becomes a crap-shooot over who has the best fitness in the 3rd week.
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

baseballlover312
TheManxMissile wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:
Ian Butler wrote:

I've seen a 74MO win the Vuelta.. twice! The form gets so screwed at that point the Vuelta just becomes a crap-shooot over who has the best fitness in the 3rd week.

Dafuq????? Shock Never happened to me.

TheManxMissile
Also seen Cobo (76MO 75HL), Henao (77/77), Kloden (76/77), Voeckler (75/79), Anton (75/75) all win the race in various careers... Smile
Oh, and Gilbert on many many occasions with a hilly dominated route
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

baseballlover312
Maybe your game is broken...

TheManxMissile
Nope, just play it a lot Smile

Ian Butler
Yeah, I've had Gilbert winning it at one point Pfft

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots