· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
Expansion Pack: Stat Discussion
Jesleyh
Maybe Dumoulin(Tom) deserves a boost?
He did good at the end of 2012(Burgos 7th GC, WC U23 ITT Top 10, 7th in both Dutch NCs), and at the start of this season(He won Andalucia KoM, he was very strong in the breakaway in Tirreno 2 days ago vs Cunego etc.)

Maybe:
69-> 73 FL
68-> 71 MO
72-> 74 HI
71->72 TT
70 -> 75 FTR
And some minor energy stats boosts.

Tell me what you think of it Wink

i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

Ad Bot
Posted on 28-09-2024 22:25
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Strydz
Jesleyh wrote:
He did good at the end of 2012(Burgos 7th GC, WC U23 ITT Top 10, 7th in both Dutch NCs), and at the start of this season(He won Andalucia KoM, he was very strong in the breakaway in Tirreno 2 days ago vs Cunego etc.)

Maybe:
69-> 73 FL
68-> 71 MO
72-> 74 HI
71->72 TT
70 -> 75 FTR

I would say they need a boost but all would be a little to high with the mountain stat way to high

Edit: 72 for the TT actually does make sense
Edited by Strydz on 12-03-2013 13:55
Hells 500 Crew and 6 x Everester
Don Rd Launching Place
Melbourne Hill Rd Warrandyte
Colby Drive Belgrave South
William Rd The Patch
David Hill Rd Monbulk
Lakeside Drive Emerald
https://www.everesting.cc/hall-of-fame/

Jesleyh
Strydz wrote:
Jesleyh wrote:

Maybe:
69-> 73 FL
68-> 71 MO
72-> 74 HI
71->72 TT
70 -> 75 FTR

I would say they need a boost but all would be a little to high with the mountain stat way to high

Edit: 72 for the TT actually does make sense

Well, he got 7th in the Burgos GC, which is mountainous...
(Now I look better, he even finished before Rodriguez in the real mountain stage of Burgos, so obviously, he deserves a better MO than Rodriguez, so 82 Pfft)
And I really think he deserves the HI and FTR stats too...
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

TheManxMissile
Disagree with the FTR stat, 70 is good for him.
MO 70 and FL 72 i would suggest
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

Jesleyh
TheManxMissile wrote:
Disagree with the FTR stat, 70 is good for him.
MO 70 and FL 72 i would suggest

What do you think about the hill stat? He looked stronger than Cunego in the hilly Tirreno stage, and got the KoM jersey win in Andalucia, with most of the KoM points in hilly stages I think...

TheManxMissile
I hvn't watched much of TA, but Andalucia is not a heavily attended race by inform names
probably 72 is fine with the other changes...
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

Jesleyh
TheManxMissile wrote:
I hvn't watched much of TA, but Andalucia is not a heavily attended race by inform names
probably 72 is fine with the other changes...

Andalucia is quite heavily attended, here's the GC of this year:
https://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/...ceid=23928
Note that Dumoulin didn't go for the GC, so don't write him off because of that Wink

(to all) Here are some of his other results:

ToC(2.HC)Mountain Stage:
https://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/...ceid=22498

Burgos(2.HC) Hilly stage:
https://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/...ceid=23243

Tour of Luxembourg(2.HC) GC(Yes, I know it's not really hilly Wink):
https://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/...ceid=22709

U23 ITT:
https://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/...ceid=23424

Ster ZLM(2.1) GC (Yes, yes, not hilly, I know)
https://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/...ceid=22817

Burgos(2.HC) GC:
https://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/...ceid=23245
And of course the other things I mentioned Wink

He finished among big names a lot of times.

Hope it convinced everyone Pfft

gotlandrules
Pellizotti2 wrote:
gotlandrules wrote:
Gustav Larssons stats seem a bit wierd... he shouldn't have higher Prologue then TT since he always does better on the longer ones... and his Cobbles stats at 73?!?!?! that seems way too high... his stats overall seems a bit off... someone should take a look at it

He is actually very decent on the cobbles. Did well supporting Fab and Breschel back in his Saxo days. I agree that 73 might be a bit high, though. 70 or just below might be better.

Agree with you on the TT / prologue thing

Didn't know he was decent on the cobbles, but 73 still seems high =P

Pellizotti2
Big Bear Lake can hardly be counted as a mountain stage. It includes a lot of climbing kilometers, but the gradient isn't particularly high at any point.

Sagan, Van Avermaet and Durbridge finishing in the favourite group should tell you a bit about how much for the climbers it is. Wink
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png Manager of Kazzinc Procycling i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/storywriter.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/stagemaker.png

Jesleyh
Pellizotti2 wrote:
Big Bear Lake can hardly be counted as a mountain stage. It includes a lot of climbing kilometers, but the gradient isn't particularly high at any point.

Sagan, Van Avermaet and Durbridge finishing in the favourite group should tell you a bit about how much for the climbers it is. Wink

Yeah, I saw Sagan & Van Avermaet after posting Wink
Strange that CQ ranking sees it as a mountain stage then Frown

Pellizotti2
Jesleyh wrote:
Pellizotti2 wrote:

I think that's just because they don't have any marker for hilly stages. The "mountain logo" is used the point out all difficult stages, I think.

And I wouldn't trust the markings at all, tbh. The stage to Porrentruy in last year's Tour doesn't have any mark for example, even though it was one of the hardest days.
Edited by Pellizotti2 on 12-03-2013 14:38
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png Manager of Kazzinc Procycling i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png

Jesleyh
Pellizotti2 wrote:
Jesleyh wrote:
Pellizotti2 wrote:

I think that's just because they don't have any marker for hilly stages. The "mountain logo" is used the point out all difficult stages I think.

Well, I saw a lot that they used an S(with a green circle) for flat stages, and nothing for hilly stages. Most of the time they don't use anything for (tough) hilly stages anyway, also not the mountain logo... PCM is even a better source sometimes Pfft

Pellizotti2
Yeah, I guess it's an okay source if you're just looking for a basic idea of how tough a specific stage is / was.

Best way to find out is looking up the profile in Cyclingnews' archive or other similar site. Wink

Enough off-topic now Pfft

Jesleyh
Pellizotti2 wrote:
Yeah, I guess it's an okay source if you're just looking for a basic idea of how tough a specific stage is / was.

Best way to find out is looking up the profile in Cyclingnews' archive or other similar site. Wink

Enough off-topic now Pfft

Yes. Sooo... What do you think of Tom Dumoulin? Pfft
Edited by Jesleyh on 12-03-2013 15:02

Alakagom
gotlandrules wrote:
Gustav Larssons stats seem a bit wierd... he shouldn't have higher Prologue then TT since he always does better on the longer ones... and his Cobbles stats at 73?!?!?! that seems way too high... his stats overall seems a bit off... someone should take a look at it

31st at PR, 41st at Ronde. You neber going to get that with stats of cobble lower than 73 from the main group as he did (ie. not in mid-way trough the race break)

Long TT's 2012 - 16th Olympics ITT, 19th Worlds ITT, 21st stage Giro, 6th

Shorts TT's 2012 - 1st stage Paris Nice - 1st. 1st stage Giro - 4th.

From those results it doesn't seem like that at all. Of course he was much better in past than he is now, but I mostly go by results from 2012 and the results show he was better this year in shorter than longer time trials.
Edited by Alakagom on 12-03-2013 15:41
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

alex valceanu
i agree lowering Pinot's time-trial in high 60's.(68-67 maybe) I mean he lost 5 mins to Wiggo in TT and on mountains was next to him , so he has no excuse of being tired .

I also want to see Cungego's MO stat to 77.

Kwiatowski 70-71 MO 75 HIL

Also Santambrogio beat Conta,Nibali and Purito on Prati di Tivo. In game u cant do that even with +20 fitness(which he probably had irl ) so I think +1/+2 in Mo

Andy Schleck's stats should go WAY DOOOWN ! I mean he wont do anything this season , why keeping these stats , is unfair , maybe compensate with an incresed potential as he might go back to 82-83 MO next year , who knows ?
Edited by alex valceanu on 12-03-2013 17:37

Jesleyh
alex valceanu wrote:
Andy Schleck's stats should go WAY DOOOWN ! I mean he wont do anything this season , why keeping these stats , is unfair , maybe compensate with an incresed potential as he might go back to 82-83 MO next year , who knows ?

The point with Andy is that he isn't really trying to do anything in races like Tirreno.
Actually, he isn't motivated, and the team said that his problems are more psychological.
The only race where he will give his full 100% is the TdF. So we can only see his real 'skills' at the TdF. Giving Andy the right stats is therefore very hard...

alex valceanu
So what are u saying is that he will improve in TDF ? Well allow me to doubt it . I am not judging his Tirreno form (its normal for him) but I just think he will not improve during this season .

Jesleyh
alex valceanu wrote:
So what are u saying is that he will improve in TDF ? Well allow me to doubt it . I am not judging his Tirreno form (its normal for him) but I just think he will not improve during this season .

I completely understand you, it's hard to estimate Andy's skills. But we know that a top-form Andy can achieve nice things, but he isn't uhm, a lot in top-form.
And I'm not saying that he will improve during the season, but that he still got his skills, but he's just not 100% if it's not July. Pfft + He has some mental problems at the moment.

Pellizotti2
Tbh, I'm also thinking it's time to lower Andy.

One could argue that he didn't do well last year because of the injury, but he was shit before that too. It's often said that you shouldn't set a rider's stats from one specific race, but with Andy that's currently the case.

Just my opinion, of course. I've already lowered him in my own DB, so I'm fine either way. Pfft

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots