PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Cont-Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour of California - Discussions
Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:17
Bot Agent

IP: None  
whitejersey
Congrats to Eden on a win for Dunbar! Last stage will be super interesting to see if Dunbar can distance Eastman for the win with 200kms to work with it's going to be an interesting one for sure!

Monsalve puts himself into a good position to finish in the top 10 GC so we will take those as well!

Thanks for the report!

Eden95
Stoked that Dunbar managed to get the win! Really happy with that Smile There’s always a little bit of anxiety waiting to see that first time check. Eastman with a really good ride too.

Tomorrow is a terrifying profile, I have no idea what’s gonna happened but I just hope that Dunbar can keep a spot on the podium. Eastman should be too good to even think about usurping him, and guys like Oomen, Choi and Penasa now a long way back are going to make the race very hard I fear.

Thank you for the report, it was lovely Smile
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

Fabianski
Another bad stage for us. Not really surprised anymore, but still sucks to have everyone underpferform all race long. Rekita should've been on the podium here, losing out to Fraile, Powless and most of all Politt - another pure TTer without any climbing skills - sucks. Dunbar was unbeatable anyway, and Dillier just had the best legs of the 79 guys, but 3rd would've been fine. Now it just was a plain waste of RDs, getting a measly 8 points out of two TTs, while it should've been 20+... Well, if he has his strongest TT of the year next month in Arab Tour, I'd be fine, too Pfft

Stüssi with another awful ITT, losing 10" to Goos says it all. No clue why, but that guy just can't get those flat TTs right. On the other hand, Darbellay with a strong 18th place - almost 20" faster with the same TT skill - he definitely should've been our leader here. Guess I might actually keep & train him, especially his TTs have been far, far better than Stüssi's this year.
Now we have two in the Top 20, which in theory would mean that at least one should join the BotD, as a lower Top 20 is worth pretty much nothing. So taking some risks would be the way to go - but given that both have really low hill stats, I doubt this will happen...

Congrats to Dunbar on the stage win, should be a good fight for the GC win on the final day. And even more so for 3rd, with anyone down to 9th place being able to take the last podium spot with stage win bonus seconds...

Thanks for the report.

DaveTwoBob
Ranaweera showed the value of his off season work in the wind tunnel, if he can hang on to 3rd GC that would be great. Good to see Ludvigsson close to the top 20.

Congrats to the winners and thanks for the reports Imladrik.
Manager of Renault Classic [ICL]
Manager of Kraftwerk Man Machine [Man Game]

Ulrich Ulriksen
Another unspectacular day for McNulty. But good enough to move into top 5. Dunbar and Eastman out of reach but he should be strongest among the next group. Agree with Eden that the big guns further down the GC could make things exciting and it could all get very ugly.

So time for Boswell and Wasbasse to earn their salaries. And maybe we can take a run at the team's competition.

Thanks for the reports.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

Eden95
So the hill stat doesn’t mean shit apparently.
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

whitejersey
Losing the green jersey and our top 10 GC on the final stage absolutely blows. It is somewhat offset by the fact that De Vos snatches away third in the KoM on a great breakaway run but still this could have been so much more. Big commiserations to Eden on the indescribable collapse from Dunbar.

Thanks for the reports and congrats to MacC on the GC win for Beastman!

DaveTwoBob
Disaster
Manager of Renault Classic [ICL]
Manager of Kraftwerk Man Machine [Man Game]

ivaneurope
Welp, that didn't help us in the survival battle. Thanks for the reports though
i.imgur.com/rrQH4R2.png
i.imgur.com/KoxIGiG.png

Ollfardh
This is why I love Oomen. He fought back for that GC top 5 goal we had and got a well deserved stage win on top. Definitely some mixed feelings here, but I didn't think we'd be here after stage 1.

Congrats to Glanbia for a very deserved Eastman win and thanks for the reports Imladrik!
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Fabianski
First of all, big congrats to Glanbia, fantastic win by Eastman - what a huge win in the survival battle! Even taking the green jersey after a stage that really, really doesn't suit his skillset - hats off!
Congrats to Lierse for the stage win, good to see some kind of late redemption by Oomen. Such a cool rider - and such a shame he has those off-days sometimes.

In general, not really sure what to think of this stage. Seeing Darbellay in the break was obviously great - and in the end even crucial to get at least some kind of decent result out of this race. But to see Stüssi blow up so early was really ugly to see - especially if even lower hill riders like Misbah were able to hold on for longer - and Eastman even took 2nd place. With 71Hi... As Eden said, hard to see what actually mattered - it doesn't seem to be hill stat, probably mainly being lucky with positioning. Commiserations to Indosat, Kraftwerk, Zalgiris and especially Lampre - really sad to see Monsalve throw away what was a fantastic race so far...

From my perspective, I can surely be happy with Darbellay's performance. He came here as a domestique for Stüssi, but was stronger in both TTs, and also got the far better GC result thanks to the breakaway. Really looks like Stüssi might have a worthy successor... Stage results were meh, Rekita should have taken at least one podium in the sprints, and Page could've been a bit luckier (but also far more unlucky, looking e.g. at Indosat). The biggest disappointment obviously was Stüssi - a 79 climber and good TTer outside the Top 20, that's pretty shameful.
But to be fair, I did misjudge the course, thinking the mountain stage would be more selective, and most climbers would easily make it in the front group on the final stage. I was wrong - and Masnada would have been the absolutely perfect answer for this profile. Lesson learnt ^^ With this lineup, it definitely was a bad race - only our 2nd one of the year with less than 10 PpRD. Which is definitely bad for HC - and it came in a race where I clearly didn't expect it at all... Well, time to bounce back next month I guess.

Thanks for the reports, and congrats to all who did well!

Ulrich Ulriksen
Yeah wow, that stage turns into all mountain. I guess ridden at a steady pace. Oomen a logical and deserved stage winner.

Great ride by Eastman and congrats to MacC on a huge win, he didn't just win the GC a bunch of add on points as well. For my sake I was kind of hoping that low HI was his kryptonite but guess not.

McNulty had a nice stage, never looked in trouble, pity to lose 2nd on bonus seconds but I would definitely have taken 3rd going in. The team wasn't great on that last stage and Boswell was irrelevant the way it was ridden. Still 3rd on teams isn't bad in HC.

Thanks for the great reports Imladrik.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

jandal7
Awful race with that unbelievable AI mistake on Stage 2 and the team never really attempting anything to make up for it.

Congrats to MacC for Eastman delivering in style as he was hired to, and thanks to Imladrik for the reports.
24/02/21 - kandesbunzler said “I don't drink famous people."
15/08/22 - SotD said "Your [jandal's] humour is overrated"
11/06/24 - knockout said "Winning is fine I guess. Truth be told this felt completely unimportant."

[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | [PT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
5x i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png x5
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png
2x pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/funniest21.png x2
2x i.imgur.com/TUidkLG.png x2

AbhishekLFC
Choi with a decent ITT, not losing any time and then showing his class one more time to finish all the way up to 4th on the final stage! That result didn't look at all likely after Stage 2. The team also did well to get some depth points and the Teams classification win to boot, something we have rarely achieved in our history.

Congrats to MacC on the win, and also nice to see Reis delivering for Colombini in both teams' fight againt relegation! Thanks for the report Imladrik Smile

MacC
Well, that's a huge day for Glanbia. Biggest win by far in our history.

Thanks for great reports. Fairly random results on stage 7 alright for others.

The Green Jersey is a great bonus. We are so far beyond even this win and the ToA might not be enough but at least it's more interesting!

Laurens147
Congrats MacC, big win! Grin
MG - Lotto - Caloi
[MG] New Manager of the Year - PCM.daily Awards 2022

cunego59
Congrats Mac, really nice win for Glanbia! For us, 2nd and 4th on stages and 4th and 5th in points and KoM is solid. Eyob also got into the Top 30 with that nice final stage, while Uwizeyimana in 110th is an abject failure, but he's had his overperformances as well so far, so I can't be too harsh.

Thanks for the reports Imladrik, very enjoyable reads all throughout!
Edited by cunego59 on 11-03-2024 15:47

Sykkel_Freak
Good performances from Faglum Karlsson and happy to come away with a 6th place in GC. No stage results to show for, but still the first race this month that we can be happy with.

Congrats to Glanbia and thanks for the reports Smile

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Great Cliff