View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Cont-Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour of South Africa Discussions
Croatia14
Croatia14 wrote:
ooooooh Sergio Higuita Banana

There we go Cool

very cool to see the Izagirre plan working out as well!
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png

whitejersey
Thank god this disasterclass of a race is over for us. Thanks for the reports and congrats to everyone who got something out of this.

ivaneurope
Well, at least we've ended the race on a more positive note with a stage podium. Thanks for the reports
i.imgur.com/rrQH4R2.png
i.imgur.com/KoxIGiG.png

Nemolito
Damn, Higuita really on fire these last two days. Superb way to finish this race and in the end the points haul is still well over 20 pprd, so definitely nice enough and keeps us in the promotion and perhaps title race. Second in points is also a nice bonus for the young Colombian, who loves the support he is getting from his former manager as well Smile Nice to see Osorio and Lopez Nolasco adding some points to their tally as well.

Congratulations to cunego on this great GC win! And also congratulations to others doing well such as McCormick. Conmiserations to those who have been unlucky (again), really hope the tide will turn for you as well soon.

Last of all, thanks for bringing us six great reports in the last week, Imladrik, was a pleasure to read them. Except that TTT, obviously Pfft
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

cunego59
Amazing! This is only our second stage race win ever (after Silvestre in Juarez two years ago), and what a surprising one at that. Like I said before, a lot of luck involved with favorable time gaps and some other capable riders losing time where you maybe wouldn't expect them to. At the same time, I am happy that the strategy of building a decent TTT squad and pivoting towards these types of races worked out very well so far.

Good to see Demare do so well with three stage wins, and Higuita, too. And thank you for the very nice reports, Imladrik!

KaiserAdler
Sad.

Congrats to Nemo bbi

thanks for the reports
i.imgur.com/ojg4YRA.png

Flop of the year 2023

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/mgnmoty-adler.png

Fabianski
Congrats to Nemo again, good to see that Higuita somewhat salvages the race for you Smile
And congrats to cunego for the GC win - I honestly never expected Izagirre to be capable of doing this, but yeah, it's well-known by now that I do value energy stats but PCM doesn't at all Pfft

Definitely not happy with the outcome here. It is a huge missed chance for my team, maybe the only realistic shot at winning a stage race this year. Without Masnada's time loss on stage 2, he'd have won the race, so that really hurts. The new TTT "feature" of dropping leaders was unknown pre-season, so really disappointing to lose Errazkin there. At least he still got a Top 10, with Masnada narrowly missing out on it - but in the end it's a miss.
Not necessarily because of the overall scoring - we should still be around 20 PpRD. We obviously expected to be quite a bit higher, but it's still within the OK range. But what hurts is that it's a sponsor goal really thrown out of the window. I was hoping for the win, or at least a podium - and thought a Top 5 would be safe. And I'm pretty sure it would have been with one of the previous two game versions (where Errazkin wouldn't have been dropped). But it wasn't to be, and that's a big bummer. We'll very likely have a 0/5 this year now, which obviously hurts.
Well, maybe we'll be lucky in one of our other goal races, but given that we've performed below expectations in all hilly stage races so far - Hong Kong, Ukraine, South Africa (not counting Pais Vasco as "hilly" tbh), I doubt we'll be.

To end on a positive note - we had three TTTs this month, and we won all of them - guess we didn't do everything wrong then ^^

jandal7
Awful race. Love to see Higuita on fire though!
24/02/21 - kandesbunzler said “I don't drink famous people."
15/08/22 - SotD said "Your [jandal's] humour is overrated"
11/06/24 - knockout said "Winning is fine I guess. Truth be told this felt completely unimportant."

[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | [PT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
5x i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png x5
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png
2x pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/funniest21.png x2
2x i.imgur.com/TUidkLG.png x2

Ulrich Ulriksen
Phew, I was a little nervous there with all the gaps in the closing kilometers but in the end it all came back together and we didn't pay for how far back a few guys were. Definitely rode our luck in this race but the outcome is at the high end of expectations.

And Boswell got the job done even if that meant doing some super-domestique stuff rather than being our leader. One of the questions of this season for us is whether Narvaez merits training - this would be an argument for yes.

Higuita was no surprise on Stage 5, but the double was pretty impressive, would have thought one of the other guys was better suited to that finish. Congrats to Nemo and Cunego on the overall.

Thanks to Imladrik for another set of great reports.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

Jakstar22
Love how it goes from incredible to absolutely terribly terrible. Not happy and really need to work on closing races like this…

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:28
Bot Agent

IP: None  
AbhishekLFC
Seeing how Higuita went, it's clear that it wasn't a bad decision to send Benoot here, but as usual, we very rarely seem to have the luck with these things. To add to that, despite our best rider being just 18th in the GC, we don't get any breakaway riders even with some strong riders in the team. Doesn't change across seasons, no idea why.

Congrats to Nemo on the stage and cunego for the GC! Thanks for the reports Imladrik Smile

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Sunny France
Sunny France