· Total Members: 161,118
· Newest Member: emeric7444
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2011
 Print Thread
2012 DB: Stat Discussions
Maddrengen
andy222c wrote:
Michael Rasmussen is kinda overrated. He haven't proved anything on the bike last year, and was also completely out of pace in Tour de San Luis a week ago.

You could change his mountain stats from 73 to 71, but i would rather see that his overall attributes in an average was lowered.

Too many danes surely think i'm wrong, but i just think that you have to realise the fact that he hasn't made any good results the last few years.
I agree. And i accuse Rabobank! And the idiot, who gave him the 2 years!!

Raskolnikov
I think Enrico Battaglin stats are a bit underrated. He´s one of the most italian promising riders, and last year, as stagiare, he get very good results in italian classics ( 1st in Coppa Sabatini, beating Rebellin, Dani Moreno, Gerrans and Visconti, 3rd in Giro Della Romagna or 7th in Trofeo Melinda)

Ithaca
Maddrengen wrote:
andy222c wrote:
Michael Rasmussen is kinda overrated. He haven't proved anything on the bike last year, and was also completely out of pace in Tour de San Luis a week ago.

You could change his mountain stats from 73 to 71, but i would rather see that his overall attributes in an average was lowered.

Too many danes surely think i'm wrong, but i just think that you have to realise the fact that he hasn't made any good results the last few years.
I agree. And i accuse Rabobank! And the idiot, who gave him the 2 years!!

A valid point. I'm afraid his best years are behind him.

#Topic: I'd like to see Stefan Schumacher's MO/HI & TT upped a bit. His San Luis performance was quite good, even if we take different training schedules into account.

aidanvn13
Levi is totally under-rated. AT LEAST 84 MTN!
Watch him in the Tour Wink

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 16:22
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Neilstrong
aidanvn13 wrote:
Levi is totally under-rated. AT LEAST 84 MTN!
Watch him in the Tour Wink

Hell Yeah! And give Cavendish 85 hill!!!

aidanvn13
Levi's last few seasons have all been role playing. He is going to dominate this year:lol: We saw that in San Luis
Edited by aidanvn13 on 02-02-2012 16:50

PCM rulezz
aidanvn13 wrote:
Levi's last view seasons have all been role playing. He is going to dominate this year:lol: We saw that in San Luis

Let's hope, but maybe 84 is a bit too high. It think 80 is better

roturn
Please only serious stat discussions.
It`s becoming a bit hard to control this thread otherwise.

It`s not about how something might be in future but how it is right now or during the last season.

CrueTrue
So many fanboy comments...

Leave them out, please, and try to be objective.

(Luckily, a lot of very useful comments too. Thanks a lot Smile)

Edit: Roturn said it Wink
Edited by CrueTrue on 02-02-2012 17:04

http://www.pcmdaily.com
aidanvn13
Sorry!
But I think Vandevelde should be upped to a MO 78 and HILL 75. Also Navardauskas should be upped in FLAT, RESISTANCE, FIGHTER

issoisso
Raskolnikov wrote:
I think Enrico Battaglin stats are a bit underrated. He´s one of the most italian promising riders, and last year, as stagiare, he get very good results in italian classics ( 1st in Coppa Sabatini, beating Rebellin, Dani Moreno, Gerrans and Visconti, 3rd in Giro Della Romagna or 7th in Trofeo Melinda)

issoisso wrote:
In before someone complains about Battaglin

Nailed it! Pfft

I agree, definitely. Battaglin is the most impressive stagiaire I can ever remember. Stagiaires don't win races. They just don't....but he did! He beat Visconti, Rebellin, etc. in a sprint that wasn't even uphill (his strength).

He's excellent in hard hilly races, with a good finish, and can even climb mountains pretty decently (7th in the Baby Giro)
The preceding post is ISSO 9001 certified

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

"I love him, I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense" - Bradley Wiggins on Lance Armstrong

ruben
CrueTrue wrote:
So many fanboy comments...

Leave them out, please, and try to be objective.

(Luckily, a lot of very useful comments too. Thanks a lot Smile)

Edit: Roturn said it Wink

Actually... as a fanboy I have to say you might want to lower Thomas Dekker stats. Not his TT. I'm pretty confident that part is already again world class. But I don't think his hilly and climbing abilities are quite what they were. Something like 70 MO and 72/73 hill would be more fitting for now.

johannes-w
i dont know if this is the fanboy speaking but i really think kittel's SP/ACC stats could already be a bit higher like 79 or 80 - and this is not just because of his victory today;-)

gelu
Yeah, I think Kittel is already faster than Petacchi. But it is only little mistake.

But I really disagree with COB 69 for Sagan. He would be the leader in Liqui for Rubaix this year. Well his cobbles are not prove by results this time due to falls on Rubaix and Ronde. But look at this: course Sagan to win Ronde 2012 is 22 (Rubaix 35) on Unibet. Thats equal to Leukemans (COB 80), Devolder (COB 75) and Nuyens (COB 79).

I see him in all attributs equal to Boasson Hagen at least.
Edited by gelu on 02-02-2012 20:48

issoisso
Petacchi's not really very fast anymore and Rojas never really was, I think they're both overrated on the DB, but yeah, I agree.

I get the feeling that Kittel's low stats are because people have in mind his results from the entire last season including the not so impressive early season, while if you take into account only his late season results they are immensely more impressive and show he's already a top sprinter.

This is probably because 2011 was the first year when he did specific training to be a sprinter (before that he trained almost exclusively as a TTer), so it took half a year or so to see a great improvement....and what an improvement it was!

I'm quite sure he's an elite sprinter at this moment.

EDIT: To put it into perspective, after his mid-season break last year, Kittel did 10 sprints. He lost that weird chaotic sprint that Sutton won at the Vuelta that wasn't really a sprint, and won EVERY. SINGLE. OTHER.
Edited by issoisso on 02-02-2012 20:54
The preceding post is ISSO 9001 certified

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

"I love him, I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense" - Bradley Wiggins on Lance Armstrong

fickman
I totally agree with issoisso. Petacchi and Rojas Statts are ways overrated. they havent won races in ages, Kittel is much better than those guys and woul beat them every time.

roturn
Actually Petacchi had 9 podiums in 2011 GT`s and also 2 in this years Down Under. I still think he is one of the fastest around.

Rojas might be considered to have 1-2 points lower as he is a constant top10 rider but not the winner type.

fickman
Between 2011 and this year this are the results from these 3:

Marcel Kittel:

Won: 13 Stages 4 Races

Podiums: 5

Jose Joaquin Rojas:

Won: 2 Stages 1 Race

Podiums: 11

Alessandro Petachi:

Won: 3 Stages 0 Race

Podiums: 15

You just have to look at the results.

roturn
Sure but also on the kind of races. As written above. Most of Petacchi`s podiums have been in the 3 GT`s, where obviously start the best sprinters of the world normally.

Something like Petacchi/Kittel 80
Rojas 78 would be my idea.

AiZaK
Rojas 79 better

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.