· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2007
 Print Thread
Comments and suggestions
7secondsed
The team that came up with this did a really amazing job... the stages I've raced so far have been way above anything I've seen in any other DB. The last stage of the 07 Tour of California was really top notch. Starting up the two long summit climbs, I could actually see the mountain sprint peaking out from behind the clouds and the valley the peloton was climbing out of in stellar detail.

Smash up job.

www.wrnclp.org
Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 04:32
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Aspmyra
Whats improved in the PCMDaily DB?
A list or anything. I just needs a link.
Because I can't find it.
Edited by Aspmyra on 27-05-2008 22:16

Aspmyra
I want the original background back. Is that possible?

CrueTrue
Aspmyra wrote:
Whats improved in the PCMDaily DB?
A list or anything. I just needs a link.
Because I can't find it.

What's improved? Compared to what?

http://www.pcmdaily.com
Addy291
I think he means what are the features of this db

e.g.

- 4000 cyclists all at their 2008 teams
- 97 teams
- 5000 stages

etc.Wink
YORKSHIRE BORN, YORKSHIRE BRED...

Chalky
Ruben wrote:
You can just import the dyn_cyclist from the career-cdb and export it to the singlerace db if you want the new stats

Hi everyone, I've had a go at doing this but am coming across a bit of a problem. I've manged to get the single race mode working and am trying to get the 'new' stats from the second version into the single race mode. I've had a go using the Hannes converter which worked to some extent; the new stats showed up for the riders on the team selection page but the game crashed when loading the riders for the race. Does anyone know if this is possible or what I should do exactly? Thanks for any help. Cheers

Deadpool
Just noticed that the American secondary sponsors in the DB are messed. A lot of companies are listed in the wrong field. My favorite is Amgen, a biotech company, being listed under "sport" :lol:

7secondsed
Has anyone else encountered races with serious bugs? Several of the 1 and 2.HC races in North America are impossibly buggy. HEart rates above 200 at the start, no ability to control any of your riders, madness in the peloton... I'm trying to race Georgia now, but it's quite quite impossible!

www.wrnclp.org
Deadpool
Havent had that problem

ElvisGrbac
Erm, I have one question. I play with Auber 93, and one of my sponsor goals was to "finish at leading climber" in the Etoile de Besseges...I did finish as the best climber, but when the race was over, the sponsor goal was marked as failed...Any idea why?

ember
ElvisGarbac: Maybe the goal was to have the mountains jersey one day? In that case you have to give it away, and then take it backSad

CrueTrue
ElvisGrbac wrote:
Erm, I have one question. I play with Auber 93, and one of my sponsor goals was to "finish at leading climber" in the Etoile de Besseges...I did finish as the best climber, but when the race was over, the sponsor goal was marked as failed...Any idea why?

Sounds like a bug in the database. If you want you can change it with PCM Dashboard, so it's listed as a completed goal.

ElvisGrbac
ember wrote:
ElvisGarbac: Maybe the goal was to have the mountains jersey one day? In that case you have to give it away, and then take it backSad

Clearly said: finish as leading climber...

ElvisGrbac
CrueTrue wrote:
ElvisGrbac wrote:

Sounds like a bug in the database. If you want you can change it with PCM Dashboard, so it's listed as a completed goal.

Might do that...pretty crappy not to complete a goal, when I really did

CrueTrue
Yes, I could imagine. It's purely cosmetic, though. If you change the goal as being completed, it won't have an effect on the sponsor confidence. So you might want to adjust the confidence too Wink

ElvisGrbac
CrueTrue wrote:
Yes, I could imagine. It's purely cosmetic, though. If you change the goal as being completed, it won't have an effect on the sponsor confidence. So you might want to adjust the confidence too Wink

Yeah, I might..it's only average now, and I don't think it's fair Grin

juan86
I have two questions

- do races like Milan-San Remo, Paris-Robuaix, ... (and the big three Giro, Tour and Vuelta) give points to the pro tour rankings like the other PT races (that are marked as PT)

- do the races still give the same expiriance points, i am talking about the ones not listed as PT (that are XPT or something), cause i saw in single mode that grandtours were marked as HC (what up with that?)

CrueTrue
I can only answer the first: No. Wink

7secondsed
Apologies if this is a silly question, but are custom DBs supposed to feature exactly the same stages year after year? I've just completed a pretty sweet season with Slipstream and have signed some pretty smash up riders for the next year, but all of the profiles are exactly the same...

Is this how it is for custom DBs or mayhaps there's something wrong with my DB installation?

... or has everyone abandoned this thread for PCM 08?

www.wrnclp.org
Addy291
It depends whether the database was released with variant stage files. It looks as though it wasn't from what you are saying.
YORKSHIRE BORN, YORKSHIRE BRED...

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Teamcom Interface 2