· Total Members: 161,118
· Newest Member: emeric7444
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2011
 Print Thread
2012 DB: Stat Discussions
CountArach
Alakagom wrote:
Who did he beat ? Swift ? Albasini ? Haussler ?

Few are 77 Sprinters and some aren't even true sprintersWink He'll prove his sprinting at Tour and then we'll see.

Although if there was sprinting consistency stat, well he'd be pretty much one of the best there.

What about acceleration at least? He has shown the ability to hold his top speed for a long period of time and that is what ACC is supposed to show.
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png Manager of Team Bpost - Vlaanderen i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png

Follow me on Twitter
(All opinions expressed are not guaranteed to reflect reality)

Spilak23
I think his secondary stats should be higher, 77 for flat and resistance sound good for him, that way, he is way better than Swift and Rojas for example but not as good as Cav, Farrar etc..

Abelbaba
What about acceleration at least? He has shown the ability to hold his top speed for a long period of time and that is what ACC is supposed to show.

ACC sounds to my how fast you can accelerate

Ian Butler
Abelbaba wrote:

It does sound like that, but it isn't. Cyanide logic.

Sagan should be about 78 sprint, imo. Let's see what he does against the big guns, then we'll see.

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 18:42
Bot Agent

IP: None  
fernando97
Abelbaba wrote:

Actually not. It controls the red bar, and that how fast it gets empty. So exactly what CountArach said.
Edited by fernando97 on 14-06-2012 18:16

AiZaK
I think it deserves a minimum 80

roturn
Tour`s not long to wait for. Wink
If he beats Cav, Greipel there or is as fast as these two for example, then you can consider it.

But at the moment he is already stronger in the DB than the guys he is beating in Suisse or California. Combined with his great other stats he is already one of the best even with 77.

jph27
Cav may need a boost in his Hill stat after the ZLM Tour, but possibly a decrease in his Sprinting.

carmelobymelo
jph27 wrote:
Cav may need a boost in his Hill stat after the ZLM Tour, but possibly a decrease in his Sprinting.

Let's wait for The Tour and then make decision.
[PCM13]PCM.daily 2013 Expansion Pack DB Updated Stats + startlists (Last update 17.10.2013) - https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....d_id=30591

[PCM13]2013 Startlists (Last update 24.08.2013 - Vuelta a Espana): https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....d_id=30693

[PCM12]PCM.daily 2012 Expansion Pack Updated Stats + 78 startlists (Last update 07.10.2012) - https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....d_id=23810

[PCM11]PCM.daily 2012 Stat updates + startlists (Last update 07.10.2012) - https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....ost_499156

[PCM12]2012 Startlists (Last update 05.10.2012 - Giro dell'Emilia): https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....ost_562321

CountArach
jph27 wrote:

He hasn't hit his fitness peak yet, so yeah, wait until the Tour. Those races are hard to judge by because the riders aren't going to leave everything on the road.

RUI COSTA DESERVES 85 MOUNTAIN! CHANGE IT NOW! Wink
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png Manager of Team Bpost - Vlaanderen i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png

Follow me on Twitter

jph27
CountArach wrote:
jph27 wrote:

He hasn't hit his fitness peak yet, so yeah, wait until the Tour. Those races are hard to judge by because the riders aren't going to leave everything on the road.

RUI COSTA DESERVES 85 MOUNTAIN! CHANGE IT NOW! Wink

I think we should make it an 86, to see what happens! Pfft

I agree though, just from what I have seen it seems that would be likely.

andrebaptista
I wouldn't say 85, but at least 75, while improving his END and RES.

issoisso
I'd say a good mountain stat, but not great recovery.
He's a one day rider mostly. He dropped everyone on the first stage, but after a few days of riding and then a TT, he had quite a bit of difficulty in the mountains.

Also, as shown yesterday, don't increase his acceleration, as he doesn't do well with starting up and slowing down.
The preceding post is ISSO 9001 certified

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

"I love him, I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense" - Bradley Wiggins on Lance Armstrong

adammoney
Dombrowski should be improved a lot for mountains and potential.

E_Hagen
Has the decline rate for older riders been reduced? IRL, look at Horner and Voigt who are 40 and better than ever....

CountArach
E_Hagen wrote:
Has the decline rate for older riders been reduced? IRL, look at Horner and Voigt who are 40 and better than ever....

Voigt isn't better than ever. He attacks a lot less than he used to. It is just because he is a hard man in general that he can take it.

Follow me on Twitter

CrueTrue
Decline ages have been changed, so riders keep their stats for at least this season.

http://www.pcmdaily.com
ZinovievLetter
I made some harsh remark about the PCMDaily dbs stats for riders on small teams on another thread and lluuiiggii quite reasonably pointed out that posting here would be more helpful than moaning elsewhere. So I'm going to post a few things about An Post Sean Kelly, the team I was talking about in that conversation.

First about the team in general:

They are one of the best Conti teams in Europe and like a handful of other Conti teams wouldn't be far off the level of the very worst Pro Conti teams. They have pretty much nobody who can climb, but almost all of their riders are strong on the flat, can handle a moderate hill and know how to ride over cobblestones.

1) The main thing that needs improvement across the board is the Flat statistic. You can't be possibly the most successful low countries Conti team and not be strong on the flat. The team shouldn't be mostly made up riders with flat scores of 63 to 65. As a baseline, the worst flat riders on the team should be about 65, although as they are a Conti team only a few should be above 68.

2) The second thing that needs a smaller improvement across the board is their COB stats. They ride on the cobblestones a lot, but the db only gives Nico Eeckhout a COB score above 66. Adding two points to most of the riders scores would make them a more realistic threat, without suddenly turning them into real contenders for big races.

Now on to the team leaders:

This is the biggest problem, because the db has the team's main leader as the third worst rider on the team and arguably their biggest talent as the very worst.

1) Gediminas Bagdonas. Bagdonas is the main team leader. The team has 18 UCI ranked wins in the last 13 months. 12 of them were by Bagdonas. He was signed by Geox for this season but ended up back with An Post after Geox collapsed. He's one of perhaps four riders on European Conti teams who are clearly too good for that level. In that 13 month period he has won bunch sprints, has won from the break, has won a hilly stage, has won his national TT championships and, today he won his National Road Race. He should not be a rider with an average score of 62!

My statistics suggestion would be that he shouldn't have any stat higher than 73 but should have a whole bunch of stats of 70 or slightly above. Perhaps 73 SP, 72 ACC, 73 Flat, 70 Hills, 71 TT, 71 PRO, 71 COB. MO at 60. He's an excellent all rounder at this level, but hasn't yet shown really top level ability at anything.

2) Kenneth Vanbilsen. Who just won the U23 Ronde. He's down in the db as the wost rider on the team. He's actually a big talent. He probably shouldn't have any particularly great stats yet, because he's more about potential. However, he certainly shouldn't have Flat and COB scores of 61! Maybe bump each of them to 70.

I'll get back with more comments about other riders soon. Most of them don't have nearly this sort of drastic stats problem.
Edited by ZinovievLetter on 25-06-2012 03:06

Alakagom
Well as I said, there's going be a massive overhaul in stats, all Pro Conti and Conti teams will get overhaul in stats. They weren't up to scratch before and when I came I could see the problem, you can PM me any suggestions you'd like to be made too Wink
Edited by Alakagom on 25-06-2012 09:24
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

AiZaK
Alakagom, The change in the stats will be added for PCM 11 in the Final V2???

(Tell me yes please jajaja)

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
PCM2007 is coming!