· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Cont-Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour du Maroc - Discussion
Fabianski
Good to see some favourite wins on the first days, congrats to Eden and roturn.
Stage 3 then confirmed the feeling that the weak sprinter lineup may see the few sprinter teams present struggle to catch the break - especially a strong one like that. Congrats to kb, fantastic win by a lvl1 rider - even more so by your signature signing!

Looking forward to some hopefully more aggressive racing on the uphills Smile

Thanks for the reports, they're nice to follow Smile

jandal7
I guess the presence in the breakaway on both GC days confirms that Bennett just isn't going to do anything because he's not a favourite now? I can't ever remember us being in the breakaway with Bennett in a race outside of GTs
24/02/21 - kandesbunzler said “I don't drink famous people."
15/08/22 - SotD said "Your [jandal's] humour is overrated"
11/06/24 - knockout said "Winning is fine I guess. Truth be told this felt completely unimportant."

[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | [PT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
5x i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png x5
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png
2x pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/funniest21.png x2
2x i.imgur.com/TUidkLG.png x2

AbhishekLFC
Four riders in the second group is decent. Guess we're going for depth scoring. Getting into the breakaway would've been nice though!

Congrats to Eden and thanks for the report!

roturn
Vanhoucke really got too tired too early by being the only real support here. Planning mistake or more likely no others possible due to rd I guess.

3rd by Olivier though is very fine anyway though, Yates was simply too strong here and 2nd in GC still looking good.

Now Vanhoucke can hopefully support a bit more by not being in the GC burden.

Congrats eden and thanks for the nice report.

Nemolito
Looking at his positioning Aular seemed to have a bit of an off day, so I have to be very grateful for him to stay in G3 and 5th in GC. Would be great if he could keep this position in S5, but it might not be the perfect stage for him. Getting Andorra flashbacks with that Indosat Lierse 1-2. Congratulations Eden (and Ollfardh). Thank you for another stellar report, Ulrich.
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

cunego59
Like I said before the race, 5th is a perfectly reasonable finish for Meintjes, but given that all 4 riders ahead are from immediate promotion rivals, it's certainly not an ideal outcome.

Congrats jandal, Bennett just loves these types of finishes. And congrats Eden, too, on another great Yates performance.

AbhishekLFC
GC wise, can't blame the team at all! Carboni and Kozhatayev finishing in the lead group again, with both moving up in the GC is great for us. Up to 3rd in the Teams classification is also nice. Hopefully we don't throw it away on the last stage. But still no breaks Pfft

Congrats jandal and thanks for the report!

Nemolito
Stage went as I thought so I'm glad aular stayed in G1 without time losses. Hopefully he can finish tomorrow's stage somewhere up front in the peloton and doesn't lose his sixth in GC anymore. Happy for jandal, congratulations!

Hopefully Ulloa in the break again tomorrow? Pfft Would be nice if we could hold on to 2nd in teams as well.

Thanks for a great report, Ulrich!

Croatia14
A big GB win!
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png

Laurens147
From our POV a cool battle for the mountain jersey. Edmondson did well, only to fall short at the last climbs Smile Also Zana and Paulus in the break as support. Couldn't expect more!

Congrats jandal with the stage win Grin
MG - Lotto - Caloi
[MG] New Manager of the Year - PCM.daily Awards 2022

jandal7
Grin

Bennett saving this race from being another entry in the very poor column with a classic hilltop victory, he's a master of the genre. Glad to see between here and Romandie that even if he's missing a step in the new PCM (not complaining, it's swings and roundabouts with who gets favoured) in the mountains it hasn't taken away his crazy knack for these finishes. Bodes well for Japan later in the year where he's always dominated - don't expect the same with the MTT but still a nice sign. 4th and a stage isn't something to go crazy about in this field, especially with the other teams that scored similarly or better, but a nice stage win and not a disastrous GC finish.
24/02/21 - kandesbunzler said “I don't drink famous people."
15/08/22 - SotD said "Your [jandal's] humour is overrated"
11/06/24 - knockout said "Winning is fine I guess. Truth be told this felt completely unimportant."

[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | [PT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
5x i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png x5
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png
2x pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/funniest21.png x2
2x i.imgur.com/TUidkLG.png x2

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:30
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Eden95
What a ride from Yates! Absolute perfect stage from him. I thought he might have attacked too early, but he ended up going on with it and held strong to the finish. He had great support all stage too which makes up for the lack of depth scoring we have been getting in mountain stage races. Abdurrahman going on the attack near the end was an interesting tactical choice, maybe he was trying to set up a relay for Yates or if he was trying to force other teams to work. He has a good gap to most but still has Olivier et al at 30” so there’s a long way to go yet. Would have been stoked with a top 5 GC pre-race, but it would be hard to lose the lead now in the last stage. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the report!
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

Eden95
Another good ride from Yates, but god his positioning sucked going into that final ramp - he was one of the last riders in the group and it’s a miracle he managed to finish so well. If only he was towards the front he could have fought for the win. Regardless, he stayed nice and safe and kept his GC position safe which is what really matters. One more stage to go, and barring disaster it’ll be another terrific result for him Smile

Congrats Jandal, good to see Bennett waking from his slumber and timing his run into Japan perfectly Smile

Thanks for the report!
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

Fabianski
Ah, Bennett is still alive Grin
Good one for Xero, hopefully it's not too late for GB to start living up to expectations.

On the other hand, Yates is once again above expectations, dominating the theoretically stronger climbers on day 4! Don't quite get why no-one seriously tried to chase him down, but I guess this kind of climb is just perfect for his skillset - long enough to make climbing matter, and short enough so punch matters as well and the stronger diesels can't play out their advantage. Another great result in the promotion fight for Indosat, looks like pretty much anything they're currently touching just turns into gold!

Thanks for the entertaining race so far, hoping for no weirdness on the final day Smile

redordead
Primozic not winning U25s on the countback is rough Frown

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

cunego59
cunego59 wrote:

Would've been nice to have Stallaert finish 5th (and El Sabbahi 2nd), but I'll always have a soft spot for breakaway wins on flat stages, since they feel so rare, especially in shorter stage races.

I didn't mean I wanted another one!! Quite unfortunate to miss out on a stage win like that. Outside of Stallaert and Meintjes, we don't have a single rider with 70+ flat, so I can understand how we alone didn't manage to close the gap, but other teams apparently were trying as well. We just didn't get it together as a peloton. Congrats to Assa Abloy!

Again, it would be unreasonable to call this a bad race, with a 3rd place on a stage and 5th overall, but this final stage only underscores that we leave with a slight sense of missed opportunities.

Thank you for the great reports throughout, UU, they were very much appreciated and a nice thing to wake up to every day!

AbhishekLFC
We held on to what we had mostly, just Kozhatayev losing a spot on countback in the GC. Still 10th, 14th and some minor placings is a decent return from this race.

But no GC top favourite, no sprinter, and yet no breakaways. Go figure!

Congrats to Assa on the stage, Indosat on the GC and thanks to Ulrich for the report Smile

Nemolito
Nobody in the break this time for us, but most importantly no crazy time losses or anything. Aular also staying in sixth and not losing places on the s.t. guys is good. All in all not a spectacular race for us, but definitely good enough. Aular, even though he looked to not be superb here, managed to finish sixth in a good field, and we add some team points as well as local scorers in Osorio, Beltran, Lopez Nolasco and the amazing Ulloa after his stage three break. Last race of the year already for Aular as a leader, we hope he can also perform on a similar level next year in PT.

Congratulations to stage winners Assa Abloy and GC winner indosat!

Thank you for the six great reports, Ulrich. They were nice to wake up to, or go to sleep with Pfft

kandesbunzler26
Congrats to the remaining stage winners and Eden for the GC win! And of course thanks to Ulrich for the great reports.

Paulus finishing 3rd in the KoM is a nice result, Hopkins finishing 7th in the final stage as well. The only disappointment was that Teuns rode somewhat anonymously.
i.imgur.com/77VDWQo.jpeg

i.ibb.co/PC3Kfz9/Signature2020.pngi.ibb.co/Hpc4z3S/FINALUSER.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/mostimproved-bk26.png

whitejersey
Looked very good for until that hills stage for us, but Monsalve was unable to keep up. It is what it is!

Thanks for the reports!

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
New Wheels