Print Thread
Rugby union
mb2612
LilParka wrote:
SportingNonsense wrote:
mb2612 wrote:
roturn wrote:
All Blacks as expected.
Tonga showed great fight in 2nd half, so will be an interesting game against France for them. Would love to see Tonga in the K.O. stage.

Would be nice, but they are the worst of the islanders normally, so I doubt it.

Theyre actually ranked above Fiji at the moment, Tonga, but I think theyll struggle to beat France.

NZ will probably be dissapointed they didnt win by more, considering their first half performance

For some reason the media here is all over the All Blacks, saying how average we played, but after a first half like that it's pretty natural to lapse in the second. Tonga vs France will be an interesting game

That's pretty harsh, given how the All Blacks are the only team to have won their opening match with no worries
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PT/std_zpsb6c2f350.png[url=www.pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=33182]Team Santander Media Thread[/url]i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PT/std_zpsb6c2f350.png

Please assume I am joking unless otherwise stated

roturn
mb2612 wrote:
That's pretty harsh, given how the All Blacks are the only team to have won their opening match with no worries

I haven`t watched the Australia match but 32 : 6 sounds like no worries actually. Wink

mb2612
roturn wrote:
mb2612 wrote:

I haven`t watched the Australia match but 32 : 6 sounds like no worries actually. Wink

6 all at half time, then Italy ran out of steam
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PT/std_zpsb6c2f350.png[url=www.pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=33182]Team Santander Media Thread[/url]i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PT/std_zpsb6c2f350.png

Levi4life
I had a chat with a Kiwi today, and he said he had been disapointed that the All Blacks hadn't stomped Tonga. He then said that if NZ don't win, it will be a national tragedy. He then said "when we don't win, they make movies about it." I said "You mean Invictus? I loved that movie"

Pfft
i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp1/Dessel001/CozzaNydamV2.png

DJP19
valverde321 wrote:
Currently I have no knowledge of the sport, but its always interested me, so I'll just say, Canada to win the World Cup.

Also I played the Rugby WC 2011 Demo, and its pretty fun.

We won yesterday so that's good news. New Zealand will be a piece of cake, they've got nothing on us if it snows.

Ad Bot
Posted on 21-09-2024 08:35
Bot Agent

IP: None  
roturn
Woodcock is just a beast. No chance for the Japanese in the scrums. Wink
Very dominant first half by the All Blacks. Let`s hope for another great half different to the Tonga match.
Even without Carter and McCaw...

roturn
New Zealand never lost a group game in a WC ever. So looking good so far against France.
France started pretty well, but with the first try NZ started to dominate. Wink

Hope 2nd half will continue that good.

wackojackohighcliffe
Just hope they choke in the knock-outs again. Hate to see such a cheating side win.

roturn
roturn wrote:
All Blacks as expected.
Tonga showed great fight in 2nd half, so will be an interesting game against France for them. Would love to see Tonga in the K.O. stage.

Indeed Tonga won against France, which is really not the France of the previous years, although the game wasn`t that important for them tbh. Just why Tonga lost against Canada, could have been a great final game against France for the 2nd spot behind NZ.

At the moment I don`t see any other team on a level with NZ, so hopefully the All Blacks are winning the pot again after 24 years. Banana

mb2612
roturn wrote:
roturn wrote:
All Blacks as expected.

Indeed Tonga won against France, which is really not the France of the previous years, although the game wasn`t that important for them tbh. Just why Tonga lost against Canada, could have been a great final game against France for the 2nd spot behind NZ.

At the moment I don`t see any other team on a level with NZ, so hopefully the All Blacks are winning the pot again after 24 years. Banana

If Carter is out the All Blacks will loose to Aus/SA

With him you will probably win

roturn
His game against France was pretty great and Slade isn`t going very high risks and makes the game slower imo but still is a great player.

And their strength is the great depth in the whole squad. And with Nonu continueing playing like this and Dagg being a good finisher I still see them above the other teams.

But let`s hope Carter is able to play the important games.

wackojackohighcliffe
I hope he isn't fit because he is so much better than any other option New Zealand have at fly-half.

SportingNonsense
How stupidly crap are ITV? (Who show the World Cup here)

Dont have a TV license atm, so have to watch games on their catchup service online.

After taking forver to put the England/Scotland game online, the image they put on the page is of Ashton's decisive try.

Way to kill the suspense towards the end of the game, where a Scotland try could have taken them to the all important 8 point lead in the game, but England havent scored a try yet - and that image has given away that England do score a try at some point.
farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/9357923136_f1e68270f3_n.jpg

wackojackohighcliffe
SportingNonsense wrote:
How stupidly crap are ITV? (Who show the World Cup here)

Dont have a TV license atm, so have to watch games on their catchup service online.

After taking forver to put the England/Scotland game online, the image they put on the page is of Ashton's decisive try.

Way to kill the suspense towards the end of the game, where a Scotland try could have taken them to the all important 8 point lead in the game, but England havent scored a try yet - and that image has given away that England do score a try at some point.

The highlights even have the score above them :facepalm:

mb2612
For the world cup in 2002 in HK, as the matches were all at 3 a.m. there was an as live showing at 6:30

During the half time analysis they discussed the final result

SportingNonsense
Its confirmed, Dan Carter is out of the World Cup
farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/9357923136_f1e68270f3_n.jpg

mb2612
Australia are now massive favourites

roturn
This sucks. But I stay with NZ as main favourite.
Then Australia, South Africa, England and maybe even Ireland are coming next.

mb2612
roturn wrote:
This sucks. But I stay with NZ as main favourite.
Then Australia, South Africa, England and maybe even Ireland are coming next.

New Zeeland will get crunched in the semis, I just wish that SA were good enough to get there to meet them

Roman
I think NZ is still the main favourite, even without Carter, they were absolutely amazing so far. Anyway, I really hope in Ireland's success..
Manager of Moser - Sygic

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Breakaway on its way down