quadsas

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
First impressions
andreu24
I guess it has already been answered but anyone with the UK version could confirm me which languages does it come with?

I am considering buying it in AmazonUK but I need to know if it comes in Spanish.

Thanks.

Jacdk
First impression is bad

Bought the game from their own shop Focus, and have yet to have been able to play even one single race, since the downloaded files is messed up 100% of the time i try.

But from what i have seen it looks like a step forward and 2 back, the new UI seems messed up and it looks like something from around the 90´s

Ian Butler
andreu24 wrote:
I guess it has already been answered but anyone with the UK version could confirm me which languages does it come with?

I am considering buying it in AmazonUK but I need to know if it comes in Spanish.

Thanks.

I got the Belgian version and Spanish is available. I think it'll be the same for UK version.

doddy13
andreu24 wrote:

Thanks.

UK boxed edition comes in: English, French, German, Portugese, Dutch, Italian and Spanish. So you'd be fine. (Order from play.com though, same price, will arrive much quicker).
There's no point slapping a schleck - Sean Kelly on "Who needs a slap"

andreu24
Thank you doddy and Ian! I'll buy the UK version then, £19,99 vs 39.99€ for the same game... c'mon. In Amazon though, it always takes 3 days to Spain and have never failed me.

fenian_1234
Just downloaded and played a stage for the first time.

Was Liquigas and rode the Stelvio stage of the Giro. Quite enjoyed it - broke away with Basso and Nibali on the first climb. Panic in the bunch - they let my two dangle out there with a max lead of 4 mins. They were burned out by the bottom of the Stelvio. Field was completely decimated and they all bobbed and weaved their way to the top.

Good thing I noticed was that the downhill stat seemed to be fairly significant - Basso's heart rate was way up above a comfortable level as he followed Nibali down the descents.

Quite liked the new interface - is small and will take some getting used to, but uses up less space so I like it.

jt1109
fenian_1234 wrote:

Quite liked the new interface - is small and will take some getting used to, but uses up less space so I like it.

Getting used to the Hotkeys makes it very simple and quite effective

Ian Butler
The hotkeys are quite nice. I enjoy the game more now that I don't have to use to mouse that often.

cool_aleks
I'm really enjoying the game so far. Like several people already mentioned, it takes a while to get used to the new interface. But when you do, it's one of the better experiences I have had with pcm over the couple of past years.

The only thing I've really noticed, is that the "Energy gel" and the "Fetch water bottles" buttons are too close to each other (and they look kind of similar). Combined with the small interface, it's really simple to click the wrong thing and screw it up. This is a minor, but very irritating thing.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to new patches and the PCMDaily DB in a couple of weeks. Makes the game so much more fun to play Smile
Edited by cool_aleks on 27-06-2012 23:20
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” -Bill Shankly

mat4404
Seems as though the resistance stat matters a lot this year. The top rider has 78 for resistance (Contador) and only a few others have any value over 76.

Whilst waiting for the game to be fully patched I've been messing around with rider stats. If the resistance value is increased to similar levels as the other stats, i.e for Contador most key stats (Mou, Hil, TT etc) 80-83, then most of the peleton can hang on on the clims.

In previous years, the resistance stat has been reasonably in line with the other stats in most DBs. It appears that keeping this stat low is just as key to getting reduced numbers at Mountain top finishes as the Mountain stat itself.

This leads me on to a point about youngridercarac files. A Climber with a potential of 7 or 8 (which accounts for most of the top 10 in a grand tour) is expected to realistically achieve a resistance stat between 75-82. Seems a touch high considering that currently out of the current top 20 climbers, only Contador has his Resistance stat in this range at more than 76. Could possibly need to amend this in order to enjoy a long term career.

CountArach
Interesting, I'm glad that they have fiddled around with the stat effects. Most custom dbs will fix that problem of not enough high resistance riders anyway.
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png Manager of Team Bpost - Vlaanderen i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png

Follow me on Twitter
(All opinions expressed are not guaranteed to reflect reality)

Ad Bot
Posted on 28-09-2024 20:33
Bot Agent

IP: None  
valverde321
CountArach wrote:
Interesting, I'm glad that they have fiddled around with the stat effects. Most custom dbs will fix that problem of not enough high resistance riders anyway.

I think what he's saying is that when the resistance is applied to someone like COntador (who would have about an 80 or higher) and is raised in general across the board, the mountain gameplay gets unrealistic.

To counteract this, resistance has been lowered in the officialrelease and we are seeing pretty good results for once. Wink

PCMdaily db take note!

Ian Butler
It's definitely an improvement, the res stat now. Though PCMDaily will have to take it into account for the database!

mat4404
valverde321 wrote:
CountArach wrote:

I think what he's saying is that when the resistance is applied to someone like COntador (who would have about an 80 or higher) and is raised in general across the board, the mountain gameplay gets unrealistic.

To counteract this, resistance has been lowered in the officialrelease and we are seeing pretty good results for once. Wink

PCMdaily db take note!

Exactly

barco808
I have an issue with the AI related to sprint trains before the finish - when my team cathes up the breakaway 10-15k before the finish (doing all the work in the peleton) - if I then choose just to stay in the front (not taking any relay) - no other teams seems to be interested in starting a sprint train or keeping up the speed either! The speed falls dramaticly (30km/h), and no one will go for the finnish until the last km. WhyFrown
I'm running on normal difficulty with the latest patch installed.

mat4404
Just played a the Giro as a stand alone race 9 times!

3 times with original database, 3 times with PCM Spain and 3 times with RSM News. Only played the 3 key mountain stages of each tour and simmed the rest. Seems a problem I've encountered a lot is the size of groups at the finish.

If many riders attack, sometimes you see gaps. If you put pressure on at the front of the race in the style of USPS or Sky, nothing seems to happen. Using Rabobanks 9 strongest climbers I put the hammer down on every major climb, 70% effort until the final 2 climbs.

The follwoing is an example from the Stelvio stage using the PCM Spain DB.

On the penultimate climb I put Slagter, Sanchez and Kelderman on the front @ 80%. Peloton reduced to between 69 odd riders. At the base of the final climb group swelled to 80 riders!

On the final climb (25km to go) put Kruijswjick straight on the front @ 80% effort. After around 8kms he runs out of steam. The peleton is only down to 61 riders. Mollema takes over again @ 80% effort. After a further 6 kms he's burnt out.

With 11kms to go The group is still 34 strong. I'm not looking to win the stage, just see what destruction I can do so I put my final man, Gesink (80 Mou) on the front @ 80% effort. With a little over a km to go he burns out. How big is the group? 24 riders strong! Diego Ulissi (74mou) is still hanging on!

In the final km the sprint ensues. Ends with Schleck winning 23 secs ahead of Contador and 45 secs ahead of the 22 remaining riders who all finish in the same time.

How can this be? A top performance by my Rabo team, all went to plan, yet we can't even shift average climbers. All climbers with 77+ Mou finish in the bunch. None get dropped.

To be honest I don't care that my rider didn't win, not one iota. What I do care about is yet again seem to have a game who's mountain AI is way off. But they solved this problem 2 years ago. Why is it happening again.

The lack of vocal complaints about the mountain AI so far has be worried that this time Cyanide won't address the issue.

Nymoen95
I can't find the season mode that was in PCM 11, if it's gone then that's a huge loss for the game. I thought that was the best mode with PCM11, mainly because I didn't understand how you could make your rider get top form to for instance tour de france in the career mode. But the season mode had all the races on the pro tour calendar and you could easily choose the form of youre riders, when they were going to be in good form and when to take it easy. the rest of the game is good I think, I have mainly played TDF and that's pretty solid, although there was some problems on the flat stages. I attacked with wiggins 5 km from the finishing line and it said I had 30 second time gap down to the peloton but I got the same time as them. I also think wiggins is better than 79 in the mountains and that van den brock is not 80 in the mountains.

Schleck96
Wiggins better than 79 in MO? What have you been smoking?

cogneto
cool_aleks wrote:
I'm really enjoying the game so far. Like several people already mentioned, it takes a while to get used to the new interface. But when you do, it's one of the better experiences I have had with pcm over the couple of past years.

The only thing I've really noticed, is that the "Energy gel" and the "Fetch water bottles" buttons are too close to each other (and they look kind of similar). Combined with the small interface, it's really simple to click the wrong thing and screw it up. This is a minor, but very irritating thing.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to new patches and the PCMDaily DB in a couple of weeks. Makes the game so much more fun to play Smile

I agree i also like the sesion planner where you can see races or your riders and drag them down into the race you want to enter them in i love this part.plus they added 8 real riders faces i wish they added more but i guess time beat them cause it looks like they where going to add more but run out of time before release thats my opinion. The follow command seem good i had gilbert follow cavendish and what a sprint finish it was best yet cavendish just won but it feels a lot better than it used to imo.
Edited by cogneto on 29-06-2012 01:19

allstarhonda
There's an old saying. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it " It's a pity the designers responsible for this game don't adhere to that. The graphics are superb. I wish the same could be said for the player interface. Why, why, why can't they just concentrate on the bits that could do with improving, like the bike frames and helmets for instance. What was wrong with the Interface in PCM Season 2011 or 2010 for that matter. This one isn't good at all and even when the PCM Daily DB's is done or the ASO DB and all the other excellent add on's that people work hard on for no financial reward, this edition is still going to be spoilt by the player interface. Next year can we get the mix right, please.

http://www.tarmacheroes.net
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Rodriguez in yellow