· Guests Online: 38

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,013
· Newest Member: JasonPaump
View Thread
 Print Thread
The Politics Thread
mb2612
Copied a speach which was wrong yeah, but he did it a couple of other times asd well, I don't think that we particuarly want a lazy president. McCain is basically Bush light and In the last 4 years Bush actually hasn't been that bad, and with a Democratic Congress that will work well. Then there is the massive issue of the Federal Reserve and the Supreme Court.

doddy13
punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/political-pictures-barack-obama-yoda-grammar-doing-right.jpg

sorry, made me laugh
There's no point slapping a schleck - Sean Kelly on "Who needs a slap"

wackojackohighcliffe
McCains not looking that healthy SN - too many chips

terrible pun

SportingNonsense
doddy13 wrote:
punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/political-pictures-barack-obama-yoda-grammar-doing-right.jpg

sorry, made me laugh

Haha thats great!
farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/9357923136_f1e68270f3_n.jpg

Smoothie
I lol'd

Ad Bot
Posted on 20-09-2024 01:08
Bot Agent

IP: None  
t-baum
Well about the whole tax deal.

Obama does want to lower taxes, but he will raise taxes on corporations and we know they don't really pay taxes, they just pass it on to you.
i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa199/T-Baum_2007/3_bettini_attacks.jpg
Macquet wrote:

"We all know that wasn't the real footage of the Worlds anyway. That was just the staged footage to perpetuate the coverup that it was actually Vinokourov that won the race."

bigairgraphics.com
Aquarius
Health care system in France : when it's a mere doctor visit you have to pay 22 € (make that 30 $ nowadays), then the state pays you back 21 € (22 if you're old, child, pregnant, unemployed, disabled, etc.).

If you go to hospital you don't need to pay anything at first, only something like 3 or 5 € a day (4 to 7 $).

Basically, the state welfare pays 70 % of the bills (through taxes, etc.) whereas your employer can pay you a complement (30 %), it's case in most firms (it is in mine) and the price depends on what they exactly pay, must be 2,62 % of my raw wage here.

The one euro left is there "to remind people health has a cost".

CrueTrue
They are considering a similar solution here in Denmark for the same reason (to remind people that health has a cost), but so far, it's free (for us, not the state Pfft).

However, they did change something although I never really saw it myself. It's something like that when you've been at the hospital, you'll receive a 'bill' saying that you have to pay 0 DKR. However, it lists all the expenses, but it then says that the welfare system will pay it. It's for the same reason: To remind people that health has a cost.

I'm not sure how it works exactly, though.

http://www.pcmdaily.com
Dankan
That would make sense here in Spain, as there isn't any consciousness towards what health care takes to the state and to ourselves's pocket. But it would cause foreigners having to pay, and thus avoiding to use it and causing illnesses to be entended among that population massively (no wealth at all for Romanians, Muslims, South-Americans...).

Poor organisation at hospitals and medical centres here; they got completely overwhelmed since inmigrants started coming here to work, around 10 years ago.
Edited by Dankan on 20-10-2008 08:46

http://www.linkedin.com/in/danielsanchezbadorrey
p3druh
Dankan wrote:
That would make sense here in Spain, as there isn't any consciousness towards what health care takes to the state and to ourselves's pocket. But it would cause foreigners having to pay, and thus avoiding to use it and causing illnesses to be entended among that population massively (no wealth at all for Romanians, Muslims, South-Americans...).

Poor organisation at hospitals and medical centres here; they got completely overwhelmed since inmigrants started coming here to work, around 10 years ago.

More or less the same as in Portugal. Except the poor organisation has been around ever since 1974 (end of the portuguese dictatorship). And since the early 90's, with the wave of immigration from Eastern Europe, the conditions have only gotten worse, to the point where it's not about the people you cure, it's about how fast you can get them out of there to make room for another one. Also, we have too little doctors nowadays (mostly because it's really hard to enter medicine in college) so we keep getting spanish doctors to cover the hospitals in the interior(?) of the country because no one wants to work there.
img401.imageshack.us/img401/3756/91640730.png

Crommy
UK has one of the best health services in the world

Our service is nearly completely free (some drugs cost money), waiting times are going down. 5-10 years ago our health service wasn't that great, but now, I have to say it's pretty darn good
emoticons4u.com/happy/042.gif

wackojackohighcliffe
Definitely, one of labours best moves

Crommy
wackojackohighcliffe wrote:
Definitely, one of labours best moves

Don't go there.

The labour government has made it good at the moment, but the way they've run it means it'll get worse in about 20-50 years

wackojackohighcliffe
they've done a good job of rebuilding the disaster that was thatcher

Crommy
wackojackohighcliffe wrote:
they've done a good job of rebuilding the disaster that was thatcher

That they did, but there are still plenty of major problems about to lurk around the corner Frown

Sorry if I seem so pessimistic, but given I'm British, I crave disappointment Wink

mb2612
Thatcher wasn't a disaster she revolutionised the economy, admitedly Brown has just undone all her good work.

wackojackohighcliffe
sadly, crommy, it seems no economy is safe these days.

Thatcher ruined the lives of millions, taking away their livelihoods. she's one of a very select few people i hate more than jeremy clarkson

mb2612
Communist Smile

While Thatcher was a bit dud in the last year or two as has been labour. I also find Jeremy Clarkson higly amusing.

wackojackohighcliffe
i can't agree with you in any way but i'm sure you feel the same about my opinions so i'm sure you'll beg to differ.

but i still feel britain might be a bit better financially if she hadn't destroyed all our industries

mb2612
I agree about our inability to agree but I am going to continue to argue with you for no particular reason.

In this crisis yes Britain would be better off with the industries still running, but with the minimum wage as it is britain just couldn't keep the industries running without massive subsidies.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Frank wants a new bike
Frank wants a new bike