TheManxMissile, OlegTinkov

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2007
 Print Thread
Comments and suggestions
CrueTrue
You need to delete the entire app.-data-folder, not just the cdb-files.

http://www.pcmdaily.com
Enrico
wackojackohighcliffe wrote:
that happened for me with worlds view challeng but i might be able to fix it

MarcoPRT wrote:
Anyone can play the World's View Challenge stages? I can't, it gives me a pcm.exe error.

That happened also for me...

Another strange bug:
[img]img413.imageshack.us/img413/8606/15693374lx1.jpg
[/img]
[img]img141.imageshack.us/img141/6808/38154984wq2.jpg
[/img]

As the screen shows, I won the classification point but in the target page...

YtimK
CrueTrue wrote:
You need to delete the entire app.-data-folder, not just the cdb-files.

so I did before installing .. Frown

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 08:34
Bot Agent

IP: None  
tuzcart
Calva_dos wrote:
Hey guys great DB, well done. But my every time i'm at omloop het volk and try to play the race, the game crashes and gives pcm.exe error etc..

Anybody who has the same problems with omloop het volk?
I already reinstalled the game and databse but it still doesn't work.

(sorry for my bad english though) Shockops:

i had the same problem in my lampre career. i wasn't preregistered to this race but Ballan wanted to ride it, so i applied for it and was accepted. unfortunately there have already been 24 teams riding it, so my team was 25 (and i think 24 is max for each race). when i was playing as silence lotto the crash didn't happen because my team has already been registered to this race and i could play it without any problems.

CrueTrue
There seems to be a problem with playing Omloop Het Volk, yes, but as said, I didn manage to simulate it Smile

http://www.pcmdaily.com
mrlol
A minor error in stage one of the Tour Down Under:

the first (and only) hill of that stage is called: 'Black Top Rd' but I'm guessing it should be 'Black Top Road'

www.leoadriaansenfotografie.nl
wackojackohighcliffe
its shortening it matt its hardly an error

stemple
yeah Rd is the abbrieviation for Road, just like st for street, or ave for avenue.
Manager of RABOBANK - Dutch Power

Calva_dos
tuzcart wrote:
Calva_dos wrote:
Hey guys great DB, well done. But my every time i'm at omloop het volk and try to play the race, the game crashes and gives pcm.exe error etc..

Anybody who has the same problems with omloop het volk?
I already reinstalled the game and databse but it still doesn't work.

(sorry for my bad english though) Shockops:

i had the same problem in my lampre career. i wasn't preregistered to this race but Ballan wanted to ride it, so i applied for it and was accepted. unfortunately there have already been 24 teams riding it, so my team was 25 (and i think 24 is max for each race). when i was playing as silence lotto the crash didn't happen because my team has already been registered to this race and i could play it without any problems.

ah ok, i get it, so i can't sign in to the race because there are already 24 teams registered.

ponka00
There is also no podium in the Tour de France

dave92
if I deleted just the CDB Appdata files originally, but now have a career going. Will there be a big difference or problem, can i fix it now, or would I have to re-install?
thanks
Manager of Wikipedia, 2008 Continental Tour Champions
Team Page: https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....ad_id=3992
Media: https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....ad_id=3791

verm
First thanks for a great DB. But when I am viewing the calender, and I try to go from march to April it crashes every time. Since this is in career not sure if I will have the same problem racing during April. Any suggestions?

p.s- I am using Team Astana

(I posted this in the download comment section previously, which I probably should not have done, apologies)
Edited by verm on 17-04-2008 20:45

Addy291
verm wrote:
First thanks for a great DB. But when I am viewing the calender, and I try to go from march to April it crashes every time. Since this is in career not sure if I will have the same problem racing during april. Any suggestions?

(I posted this in the download comment section previously, which I probably should not have done, apologies)

You're American I guess?

This happens to American people, I personally don't know why, but it has never happened to anyone outside of the US.

Not a fault of the database as it happens with other db's as well apparently
Edited by Addy291 on 17-04-2008 20:48
YORKSHIRE BORN, YORKSHIRE BRED...

verm
Addy291 wrote:
verm wrote:
First thanks for a great DB. But when I am viewing the calender, and I try to go from march to April it crashes every time. Since this is in career not sure if I will have the same problem racing during april. Any suggestions?

You're American I guess?

This happens to American people, I personally don't know why, but it has never happened to anyone outside of the US.

Actually Canada, but possibly the same connection.
But I have never had this problem with the original DB

Addy291
As I said, I personally don't know why it happens, people have theories but no-one's 100% sure. As CrueTrue pointed out somewhere, it would be good to have an American (or Canadian) as a beta-tester for PCM08 to see if the problem can get sorted out.

It does appear only to affect people from the American/Canadian part of the world. No-one's found a way to fix it either yet and I do know for sure that this bug happens with other databases as well, although I don't remember anyone saying anything about the original db like you said, there doesn't appear to be a problem with the original db (calendar bug-wiseWink)
YORKSHIRE BORN, YORKSHIRE BRED...

KurtinSC
verm wrote:
Addy291 wrote:
verm wrote:

You're American I guess?

Actually Canada, but possibly the same connection.
But I have never had this problem with the original DB

Two things. The problem seems to be mainly with Continental teams.

In the original release DB it would happen in September (but not with pro tour). In PCM Spain it would happen in March (again, not with pro tour teams). In PCM Daily 2008 it happens in 3 different months (VERY annoying) with continental teams, but just in April with Pro Tour teams.

Obviously there is SOMETHING in the database or files copied out with the database that triggers this issue in North America. It would be damn hard to find it without seeing Cyanide's source code though.

tourdedoping
why aren't there ITT champions jerseys in this database?

(great work, fantastic DB Wink)

dave92
yep, no fault of you guys, but 3 months without a calendar is annoying. Which 3 are they if you remember Kurt?
Manager of Wikipedia, 2008 Continental Tour Champions
Team Page: https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....ad_id=3992
Media: https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....ad_id=3791

kebowers
dave92 wrote:
yep, no fault of you guys, but 3 months without a calendar is annoying. Which 3 are they if you remember Kurt?

For me it is February, April, May using CT Team (Rock Racing):x

KurtinSC
kebowers wrote:
dave92 wrote:

For me it is February, April, May using CT Team (Rock Racing):x

Yep.

For a pro team it's just April.

And to be honest I'm not 100% sure that's the only parameter. TEams that advance to the pro-tour don't start working the next year. I haven't tried making the team a pro-tour team in the DB prior to the start of the season... don't know if that would do it.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Ronde Van Vlaanderen 2013
Ronde Van Vlaanderen 2013