View Thread
 Print Thread
The Politics Thread
Ad Bot
Posted on 20-09-2024 00:47
Bot Agent

IP: None  
mb2612
I really dislike Biden, and have doubts about Obama Palin's rubbish, so I am hoping McCain can live for 4 more years

Levi4life
What are your doubs about Obama. I hope to address them.
i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp1/Dessel001/CozzaNydamV2.png

matt493
same here. I will be happy to address your issues.
i65.photobucket.com/albums/h201/matthew493/Daniel%20Martin/clickablelink.png

mb2612
The change, that seems to be his message, but he doesn't seem to have any idea what he wants to change or what he wants to change it too. Also we don't have any real history for him, i.e. what his opinions on certain issues are. So i reckon better the devil you know.

Levi4life
When Obama is elected president he will have a supportive, democratic congress. Therefore the policy's implemented under the Obama administration will be those reflected within the Democratic platform.
https://www.democrats.org/a/party/plat...tform.html

That is what you should expect.

As for voting for the devil we know I think we know that devil too well.
Edited by Levi4life on 17-10-2008 23:16

mb2612
As interested as I am in reading a 58 page document i really can't be bothered. I did search for health care and thier policy says cheap health care for all and says this will save people $2,500 each but gives no actually structure for this system. For a fundemental policy, that is pretty poor. Hence, i doubt anything will happen on that ground, I will look through for the economic plan later to see what they plan to do about that.

mb2612
Ok, they promise $50 billion which is nothing so thats a dud as welll.

Levi4life
The dems national healthcare plan is quite simple. Basically if your employer already gives you health care coverage then you keep that coverage. If you do not have healthcare through an employer or famil etc, then you can apply to be provided a healthcare plan from the government. Under this healthcare plan you would get the same coverage as a federal employee.

What sickens me is when McCain says that under the DNC platform plan we would be like England or Canada. He says it like its a bad thing. In Canada you get sick, walk into a hospital, get treated and walk out. Taxes pay the bill. Sounds pretty good to me. And correct me if I am wrong but that is how the rest of western industrial nations do it, and they are well off.
Edited by Levi4life on 18-10-2008 08:06

CrueTrue
Yeah, USA must be one of the only Western countries left which still are very, very liberal when it comes to 'the size of the government' (I suppose there's a better term than that).

Either way, it would require a huge change in the Americans' way of thinking if this is to change. I noticed how everyone are talking about taxes, and how both candidates want to lower the taxes -- believe me, if you want the other Western countries' welfare system, you will have to pay more tax money Pfft

http://www.pcmdaily.com
mb2612
Levi4life wrote:
The dems national healthcare plan is quite simple. Basically if your employer already gives you health care coverage then you keep that coverage. If you do not have healthcare through an employer or famil etc, then you can apply to be provided a healthcare plan from the government. Under this healthcare plan you would get the same coverage as a federal employee.

What sickens me is when McCain says that under the DNC platform plan we would be like England or Canada. He says it like its a bad thing. In Canada you get sick, walk into a hospital, get treated and walk out. Taxes pay the bill. Sounds pretty good to me. And correct me if I am wrong but that is how the rest of western industrial nations do it, and they are well off.

Why on earth would any employer continue to give health care, that will end up costing loads on money, which the US can't really afford

Levi4life
So employers stop paying for healthcare insurance and therefore make more money. and enrich the populace right?(classic trickle down reagan economics not that reagans plan ever worked)

The system we have now is that when 10's of millions of people cannot afford healthcare insurance they still go to the hospital, and when they can't pay, the bill shows up on the American taxpayers door step.

Either way the American taxpayer takes a hit.

mb2612
so rich people make money from this plan (employers)
That is the best argument for public health care ever Smile

Levi4life
no that is a criticism of Reagan economics. They simply don't work. I just forgot the [sarcasm/] smily. Some people cannot be swayed by logic. One way or the other taxpayers pay for healthcare. Why not cut out the wasteful middlemen.

By my standards Obama's plan is conservativeWink

Also I saw a bit of this on CNN (because I would never see it on "Fair and Balanced" Fox)

America: Were you can think and say whatever you want to, even if your head is shoved so far up your ass your eyebrows are burned off by your stomach acid. And to think THESE people can vote and I cannot.

Anyone else throw up in their mouths?

Biden '08! cause those dumbfucks in the above video will assassinate Obama.

matt493
that is a great video to show how many people would kill him if he be came president. It is so sad how IGNORANT those people are. There are people who actually believe he is Muslim because of his name. They say he is born in Kenya and Africa but actually he was born in Hawaii. People shouted off with his head in McCain rallies.
https://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/poli...etter.kcal

(On a different topic. Go to NBC and watch all the Saturday Night Live Politics Skits.)
i65.photobucket.com/albums/h201/matthew493/Daniel%20Martin/clickablelink.png

wackojackohighcliffe
there are some rea; idiots in this world! if i was as bad as them id say they should be culled

mb2612
I understood you were being sarcastic, i just was being sarcasxtic back. Biden is trouble though. When he ran for president in 1980 he made a speach on how amazing it was that he had been the first from his family to come out of the mines and go to university. The only problem? A British Prime Ministerial candidate had made the same speach a couple of weeks before, it was being quoted verbatum. Oh, and his family was middle class and hadn't been in the mines for 80 years.

CrueTrue
mb2612 wrote:
I understood you were being sarcastic, i just was being sarcasxtic back. Biden is trouble though. When he ran for president in 1980 he made a speach on how amazing it was that he had been the first from his family to come out of the mines and go to university. The only problem? A British Prime Ministerial candidate had made the same speach a couple of weeks before, it was being quoted verbatum. Oh, and his family was middle class and hadn't been in the mines for 80 years.

Does that make him a worse vice president than Palin?

mb2612
No probably not, but it makes him a worse president than Obama and McCain

CrueTrue
Because he copied a speech almost 30 years ago?

Have a look in McCain's records, and you will notice how he has also been involved in several scandals Wink

SportingNonsense
I find it funny that many Americans seem so worried about Vice-Presidents, as if the President himself is guaranteed to die.
farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/9357923136_f1e68270f3_n.jpg

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Climb