· Total Members: 161,009
· Newest Member: christianbalee
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Teams HQ
 Print Thread
[CT] Spark Team NZ - Team Presentation
Jakstar22
jandal7 wrote:

Think those are the right moves, even though it's some very useful riders on the market. You certainly seem like a man with a plan with the sweet cash you should be getting in! Rodriguez is a diamond and not one with a wage you can't build around to head back up to the PCT. Looking forward to seeing it, and of course I'm sure there's going to be lots for us to talk about as always.

With the right moves I can add the riders I need to and promote while keeping my huge talent. Removing all these riders is what is necessary. It'll be tough with Rodriguez if I don't promote this season because he will have to be loaned out in order to MAX his XP which will make things tough for me. I think promotion this season is the only goal and only way.

Big moves coming!

Fabianski
I agree that some good moves will be needed to get back to PCT, but you should definitely have the potential to do so! As you say, Rodriguez needs to ride at least in PCT next year to max - i don't think it would be too hard to get him a loan if renewals go well, but promotion to PCT definitely would be the easiest path Wink

Good luck for transfers & the season - and maybe we'll have a talk about one of your riders... heads up!

Jakstar22
Fabianski wrote:

I agree that some good moves will be needed to get back to PCT, but you should definitely have the potential to do so! As you say, Rodriguez needs to ride at least in PCT next year to max - i don't think it would be too hard to get him a loan if renewals go well, but promotion to PCT definitely would be the easiest path Wink

Good luck for transfers & the season - and maybe we'll have a talk about one of your riders... heads up!

Yeh going to be working hard to make some good swaps and deals and signings.

No worries! Contact quick though! Don't want you to miss out!

Jakstar22
i.imgur.com/q6GO4bs.png

First Signing

With the transfer season well underway we are making some moves in order to promote and keep our youth core developing nicely over the next few seasons. To do so we have to sign multiple big riders and support riders. With some big moves to follow in the coming days we start with our first Free Agent signing of the year.

Eduard Alexander Beltran

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fe/Edward_Beltr%C3%A1n_Cl%C3%A1sico_RCN_2013.jpg/220px-Edward_Beltr%C3%A1n_Cl%C3%A1sico_RCN_2013.jpg

FLMOHITTSTRSRCCBSPACFGDHPR

We managed to sign Beltran at minimum wage and we are super excited to see how he can help the time in both the mountains and the hills. We see Beltran as a support rider but also a leader at times. With strong stats in both hills and mountains that should help him in some races with a big hill focus and only 1-2 mountain stages. We are super excited to see how this legend will go for us and can't wait to get the season started!

Ad Bot
Posted on 19-09-2024 18:15
Bot Agent

IP: None  
redordead
Banana

I hope he brings you a few more wins to close out his great career Smile

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Nemolito
physicals of course not ideal, but surely this is a lovely pick up at only 50k. Nice one!
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

Jakstar22
i.imgur.com/q6GO4bs.png

Leader Signed!

Here he is! The big one! We have targetter this guy since the teams inception but he has never been in our grasp...until now. As the only complete Kiwi team it almost seemed fitting that he started to wind down his career here, however I think he is still well off winding down his career!

George Bennett

cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/ngcm2rKL59Ab5GRk3zZk8C.jpg

George has the potential to do incredibly well in the CT and our hope is that he does just that! He will be our overall team leader for the stage races. He has shown he can win them at almost any level and we hope he can continue his excellent showing this coming season. We have assembled some more support for him with Beltran. Rodriguez has also developed nicely to be able to offer more support for Bennett. We are so excited to see the Kiwi legend racing for us and are extremely confident about the season we are heading in to!

jt1109
Incredible signing and for the NZ team it's very fitting

Ulrich Ulriksen
Congrats on Bennett and Beltran, both should still have a lot to give.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

kandesbunzler26
Two great signings. Beltran should still be a big thread in the hills and Bennett should not only be a big step towards promotion, but also a great mentor to Rodriguez!
i.imgur.com/77VDWQo.jpeg

i.ibb.co/PC3Kfz9/Signature2020.pngi.ibb.co/Hpc4z3S/FINALUSER.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/mostimproved-bk26.png

alexkr00
I may be a little sticious, but I wouldn't announce a rider before the deal is sealed Pfft
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/avatar21.png

Jakstar22
Thanks guys! Big signing for sure!

@alexkr00 - I'm not sticious, and I did forget about the waiting period :lol: Fingers crossed I won't be deleting the post :lol:

Nemolito
Jakstar22 wrote:

@alexkr00 - I'm not sticious, and I did forget about the waiting period :lol: Fingers crossed I won't be deleting the post :lol:

Maybe I'll be offline for the coming ten hours, so no problem Wink

Congratulations on the signing of home hero Bennett! Hope he does great things for you this season, and brings you back to PCT!
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

Jakstar22
Nemolito wrote:

Jakstar22 wrote:

Maybe I'll be offline for the coming ten hours, so no problem Wink

Congratulations on the signing of home hero Bennett! Hope he does great things for you this season, and brings you back to PCT!

Thanks Nemo! (For both things Wink )

I hope he performs well too! I'm sure theres no doubt! He is an absolute legend!

jandal7
Never going to get over losing Bennett really. Gutted that his journey ended now, such a phenomenal rider for us and legendary tenure. But I think it was the right thing for my team given the PT calendar, and certainly the right thing for his individual success and for Spark! Hope he can have the mega season he should do and deserves this year and you can put the pieces around him to promote Grin Going to be cheering him on and see if he can lead a home team to promotion for the fourth time Smile
24/02/21 - kandesbunzler said “I don't drink famous people."
15/08/22 - SotD said "Your [jandal's] humour is overrated"
11/06/24 - knockout said "Winning is fine I guess. Truth be told this felt completely unimportant."

[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | [PT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
5x i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png x5
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png
2x pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/funniest21.png x2
2x i.imgur.com/TUidkLG.png x2

Jakstar22
jandal7 wrote:

Never going to get over losing Bennett really. Gutted that his journey ended now, such a phenomenal rider for us and legendary tenure. But I think it was the right thing for my team given the PT calendar, and certainly the right thing for his individual success and for Spark! Hope he can have the mega season he should do and deserves this year and you can put the pieces around him to survive Grin Going to be cheering him on and see if he can lead a home team to promotion for the fourth time Smile

Thanks! Really excited to have him and don't worry, you can visit him any time Smile I really am excited to see how he goes this year. I think we have put some really strong pieces around him and I think he can take this team all the way. It'll be a really great season to watch!

AbhishekLFC
I think Bennett found his perfect home after Xero. Beltran can also be a big contributor despite his declines. Two good signings to start things up for you.

Ezeefreak
Another CT team with a great climber, getting cramped in CT with them Grin
But great signing and especially Beltran worries me. Good luck!
i.imgur.com/wu8Njxa.png

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/jerseydesigner-ezee.png

Jakstar22
Thanks Abhishek and Ezeefreak! I think both great additions and we are definitely strengthing out climbing squad and hills squad as well as you will see in the following post.

i.imgur.com/q6GO4bs.png

Filling out the Squad

We have had a very interesting and stressful transfer season so far, however with these signings that is basically us down (except for stagiares). We have worked hard to fill our roster spots with the strongest riders and gain the depth in areas that we have been missing quite a bit.

Antoine Duchesne

Antoine Duchesne came to us in a trade cash deal. He joins us in our hills squad with great acceleration! He will be good support for Yates and Beltran and with his acceleration could even have a good go for himself!

Luis Enrique Lemus Davila

The team is really excited about this one! When we promoted 2 seasons ago we had a really similar rider to Davila as our leader (Vasyliv) and with Davila being a leader in the time trial stage racers (Since Bennett struggles with that) we are so excited to see how he goes! Can't wait to see him in action!

Richard Huera

Huera joins us on loan and will be a key supporter in our mountains team. Excited to see how he develops and goes with us this season. Hopefully we can see him in a breakaway or two this season as well.

Andy Alihonay Diaz Suarez

Suarez joins us also on loan. He will be helpful in a hills race and definitely be active in breakaways. Excited to see him keep racing in our colours!

Panagiotis Karatsivis

Karatsivis also joins us on loan and will be a key part of the mountains squad! He might be able to get into a couple of breakaways as well.

liefwarrior
I haven't kept up with all of your departures so far, so I can't be 100% certain, but it looks as though you are putting together an extremely strong squad this year! Bennett will obviously be a monster, a Kiwi rider for a Kiwi team, and it will be interesting to see how he fares against Carapaz. Lemus Davila should be a very solid scorer in the races that Bennett avoids and, provided Eduard Alexander Beltran comes good, I think there is enough here to push you back towards the ProContinental Tour with immediate effect.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Miya's Roubaix Velodrome
Miya's Roubaix Velodrome