· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Cont-Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour of Japan - Discussion
Eden95
Have to be happy with the results so far, although this stage was really weird. Not a hard profile so it’s strange to see such a big break. Congrats Nemo on an awesome result from Higuita!

Need Yates to step up and get a good result tomorrow.

Thank is for the report!
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

KaiserAdler
Great result for Llucie in her first season as stagaire on our team. Doubt we can keep a hold of the top 10 in GC but we take the points nonetheless! Anything helps in the relegation fight and I’m not complaining, although I certainly expected more from Petelin and Raileanu. Perhaps this means another break is on the cards with a favorable ending.
i.imgur.com/ojg4YRA.png

Flop of the year 2023

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/mgnmoty-adler.png

AbhishekLFC
Weird stage with the peloton not chasing. Glad that Choi, and Ahmad Zamri, for that matter, didn't lose anything to the GC guys, except Higuita.

Congrats Nemo Smile Good season keeps getting better! Thanks for the report.

Nemolito
Wow! Was of course one of the two stages where I was hoping Higuita to do something stage-wise, and I'm happy that he did, but definitely unexpected that it happened like this and that he was able to take/regain the 45 seconds lost in the prologue. Luck was on our side for sure, with the peloton behaving the way it did. Thank you for the congratulations and thank you for the great report, kb.

Hopefully Higuita can limit his losses tonight as much as possible.
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

cunego59
Odd race so far. Gaining that time on Bennett, Padun and Novak on stage 3 was lucky, and the MTT was solid. Would've hoped to outperform Olivier based on TT, but it seems like it was very much a mountain stage rather than a TT one, and since that means Meintjes also is ahead of Stüssi and Darbellay, who are better time trialists, I guess I'll take it. Tough to see where the road leads us tomorrow. Maybe Meintjes can make no headway at all, maybe he can attack the podium. Thanks for the nice reports so far!

quadsas
If only Guldy didn't get caught out on S3 this would've been a decent race alltogether. Need to get some luck on S5
deez

Fabianski
Hum... Looks like it's impossible by now to guess whether an MTT actually favours TTers or climbers. This clearly was a climber's MTT, and with that in mind I guess Stüssi and Darbellay didn't do a bad job. Still pretty disappointed, as I expected the outcome to be similar to Romandie or ToA MTTs, but no.
Still, we currently have two in the Top 10, which is great - but I'd be rather surprised if both could hold onto their position... Good positioning will be key on S5, and hopefully Schmid finally does something useful. And sad to see Page lose his KoM lead, but he'll be wearing the jersey anyway - hopefully a good incentive to attack tomorrow!

Congrats to Glanbia on a really commanding Eastman win! Pretty much their only chance to have some hopes to survive, but he'll definitely need to bring home the GC win for that.
Ah, and the likes of Bennett or Padun losing time yesterday really makes zero sense now, given that they did well in the MTT... Really bad AI there, sorry guys...

Thanks for the report!
Edited by Fabianski on 04-06-2024 22:18

Eden95
So it looks like the MTT favoured climbers this time, which is great for Yates. Quiet but decent ride for him, 5th at the moment is good enough but there’s a lot that could happen tomorrow. Meintjes is breathing down his neck, but the profile should suit both riders tomorrow who could even attack the podium. Hopefully Yates can keep himself out of the wind tomorrow until he needs to and can finish his season off strongly.

Congrats Mac, Eastman is a beast!

Thanks for the report!
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

Ulrich Ulriksen
Nice work from Eastman - Glanbia could be up for a another big score.

The TOA MTT was flat for the first half so not surprising it was more blended but was a little surprised that TT stat didn't factor more in this.

Kuss did OK but the losses yesterday have doomed us on our top 35 goal. Hopefully we can be better represented in the break tomorrow.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:24
Bot Agent

IP: None  
ivaneurope
Well, it was fun while it lasted
i.imgur.com/rrQH4R2.png
i.imgur.com/KoxIGiG.png

AbhishekLFC
Choi with a good MTT finishing 2nd behind a stronger Eastman, and now 2nd in GC. I fear he might not hold that in the hills tomorrow! Good stuff from Ahmad Zamri and Carboni too so far.

Congrats to Glanbia and thanks for the report Smile

MacC
He's done it again !

Apologies, huge real life pressures at the moment but just wanted to say thanks for the reports and the congrats !

quadsas
Yikers
deez

Fabianski
Fabianski wrote:

Still, we currently have two in the Top 10, which is great - but I'd be rather surprised if both could hold onto their position... Good positioning will be key on S5, and hopefully Schmid finally does something useful. And sad to see Page lose his KoM lead, but he'll be wearing the jersey anyway - hopefully a good incentive to attack tomorrow!

I guess this went (almost) as well as it could Grin
Sending Schmid alone up front (instead of H. Page) was a risky move, with Baroncini starting the day with 10 KoM points, but Mauro played it really well, leaving just 2 points on the road! With tomorrow's profile, I hope there won't be another KoM sprint (I don't see where there should be one), which would net us our 2nd KoM jersey of the year (after Deutschland).
I admit I thought the break would take the stage, and I had big hopes for Schmid to come out on top, being the strongest puncheur by far. But it looks like he spent too much energy on the KoM sprints and couldn't even beat Rossi and Burmann. I think on a great day, he'd have been able to stay ahead of the pack and get the win, but alas. He'll get his first career win sooner or later.

Stüssi and Darbellay did just what they had to do, staying in the first group and defending their Top 10 positions. If they don't lose these ranks due to a random split tomorrow, it would be a fantastic result for us - but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

And thanks to Schmid's breakaway participation, we're also up to 2nd in team standings now, which would be a great result as well. Fastned definitely deserves to win them, though, sending their top 3 stage racers here, all of them doing a good job - promotion fight is definitely heating up even more!

However, still wondering what the AI is all about in this race... Why would Monsalve or Jorgenson not care at all about their GC result (the latter even simply giving away the white jersey)?!? Feeling sorry be the managers hit by what really feels random to me.

Big congrats of course to Fastned for the stage win and the likely GC podium, Olivier feels like a worth #3 behind the top 2 who simply are far stornger against the clock.

Thanks for the report - and good luck to all for the final stage!

AbhishekLFC
Relieved that Choi didn't lose any spots on that stage. No funny business on the final stage needed now.

Congrats to roturn and thanks for the report kb Smile

cunego59
From a promotion race standpoint, that Olivier stage win was close to the worst case scenario. 5th on the day and 6th overall for Meintjes is ... okay? Would've liked for the hill stages to be more selective to distance Choi and/or Eastman, and that Higuita "breakaway" win was an outlier result, but I guess a result roughly like this was always in the cards. Not the points haul we needed at all, which probably solidifies our finish outside of the Top 5. But let's wait and see, I guess. Congrats roturn for the stage win, Mac for the incoming overall win, and as always, thanks for the nice report!

Nemolito
Higuita you absolute wonderkid. MTT wasn't easy but he was able to rise to third in the GC, and did his best to stay there on stage 5. Obviously I had hoped for him to compete for the win and stay third in GC, but the field was just too strong. Not the first time Olivier won a stage like that this season, congratulations roturn! A shame for the other u25 teams that they all got eliminated during the fifth stage, but for LPH it does feel nice to see Osorio possibly winning his second white jersey of the season. I hope AI keeps the peloton together and we can keep our positions during the last stage. Lovely to see Eastman and Choi up top.

Thank you for the fantastic reports, kb!

kandesbunzler26
First of all, commiserations to the ones affected by today's split (most of all Yates and Bennett in his last maxed RD). At least nearly all of the other riders lost a maximum of 10 points because of it, especially with the entire positions 11-20 caught in the later groups. I now get an idea of how Abhi must have felt after this infamous Giro stage Sad

But apart from the AI having another bad day (to keep it polite) I think the final circuit played a huge role in it. Though the stage is pan flat the final circuit is short and technical with many sharp corners, so any group has a hard day chasing. And today everyone was riding hard with the break staying away, the teams of the sprinters and GC top riders chasing and the other groups just not able to get back for the final 30 km or so after getting dropped initially despite chasing. It's surely no consolation to those affected, but at least it doesn't seem like a total AI fuck-up to me.
i.imgur.com/77VDWQo.jpeg

i.ibb.co/PC3Kfz9/Signature2020.pngi.ibb.co/Hpc4z3S/FINALUSER.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/mostimproved-bk26.png

whitejersey
Massive race from Baroncini, he has been a joy to watch in Japan this tour!

Congrats to the winners and thanks for the reports Grin

Nemolito
Osorio loses white the way he won it, a stupid split Pfft can't complain finishing 2nd to pidcock though. Higuita staying in fourth in GC is great Smile

Congrats again to macc on the great win and thanks for the superb reports, kb!

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.