PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Cont-Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Post Danmark Rundt Discussion
redordead
Sprint lead out victory Banana

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

roturn
That's more to my liking. Both the stage win but also the kind of leadouts here. Not looking good but more effective than elsewhere.

Hopefully a few more of those before the TT GC stop.

Nemolito
Sacrificed all/some depth points from sutterlin and sterbini for Zmorka, and if he would manage to win s5 it will definitely be worth it. Thank you for the nice report, cunego. The forum may have its downtimes but you never let us down Cool
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

Eden95
Ah that sucks, there were actually gaps but Dunbar decided to take the day off and ride so passively. What a shame and possibly a big missed opportunity.

With only 3 80+ TT riders in contention for the TT, a top-5 should be the absolute minimum now. Hopefully Eddie was saving himself for a monster ride on s5.

Thanks for the lovely report!
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

Fabianski
Why am I even expecting even the least sign of life from Bol anymore? Really no clue what happened to him. Not even close to the Top 10 on stage 2, really disappointing. Looks like he picked Rodenberg's wheel this time, which also was the wrong choice. But a rider with his skills on the flat should be in the first positions going into the sprint anyway.
And stage 3 was really disappointing from him as well - he's so much better than Bonifazio on the hills, and a bit stronger than Zabel as well - and doesn't even get a Top 30. That guy is really broken since his Giro run.

But it looks like we were still pretty lucky on stage 3 to not lose any time. The team strategy was totally awful - no rider in the break, no rider near the front, just awful. But with Rekita, Brunel and Küng in the front group, it looks like we could still be in for a pretty good depth result, despite losing Bissegger and Marchewka (who could still both make the Top 50 given the TT length). I also think we should have a good shot at the team standings, probably battling it out against Indosat.

Now, let's hope there won't be any random gaps on stage 4, and then it's definitely Zmorka's race to lose once again. Top 5 GC for Rekita could be possible on a great day, 2 in the Top 10 would be great.
And still hoping for Bol to actually show what he's capable of on stage 4 - don't ask me why...

Congrats to Fastned on an expected and to Strava on a surprise win, big one for both! Especially nice to see Groenewegen deliver for once.
And thanks for the reports!

Croatia14
Straaaaaaaaaava
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png

Ulrich Ulriksen
Well riding for Walscheid was a poor choice but not totally surprising, pity not one of the other guys managed to make that huge front group. Let's hope Walscheid can make up a little of it with another good sprint.

Nice race for the CT teams, not opposed to them getting some points.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

AbhishekLFC
We got a bit lucky to get the same time for Jungels and stay in the hunt for a decent GC position from him. He hasn't been doing it mostly this season, but this is as good a chance as any.

Congrats to Shonak and thanks for the report cunego Smile

MacC
Thanks Cunego, funny how Kent could survive a mountain in the last race but comes in way behind over a few hills!

Looking like a zero pointer here which would be a disaster, only hope is a great TT stage or Kennett sprinting...

Nemolito
Nice to see Groenewegen win again as top favourite, and equally nice to see Bonifazio doing well today. A shame Vesely and Abdul Halil were rather absent again, hopefully Dunbar and Jungels can make up for that during the last stage. (In Dunbar's case second in GC would be making up for more than enough though, let's make that clear Pfft )

Thanks for the nice cunego, report.

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:21
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Fabianski
First of all, congrats to Fastned on the second stage win and the green jersey! Good to see Groenewegen delivering for once, surely a crucial performance in the promotion fight!

Otherwise, just happy that there weren't any gaps. We could've joined the breakaway, but GC is more important now.
However, really disappointed by Bol. That guy scored almost 200 points in his first 13 race days - and about 60 points in the next 34 RDs. I really can't make any sense out of this, he just doesn't participate in sprints anymore. Looks like having 78 Spr or lower currently works better than 79, with all these random guys up front... Can't complain too much, I had Page doing the same in Germany recently, but it still feels weird and pretty much unpredictable.

Well, onto the TT now. I suppose Rekita should battle for 4th-6th against Norsgaard and Beniusis; on an optimal day, even a GC podium isn't excluded. Brunel and Küng should end up anywhere inside the Top 15 - could both be Top 10, or both be outside. Brunel should easily win the white jersey, and I guess we should end up 1st or 2nd in teams - despite the complete and disappointing lack of stage results, it looks like we should get a good GC return once again.

Good luck to everyone for the final stage, and thanks for the report, cunego. Or should I thank the report for cunego? Pfft

Nemolito wrote:

redordead
redordead wrote:

Sprint lead out victory Banana

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

roturn
Stage 3 was a bit weird to see. Was hoping Groenewegen could be up there for some points and GC positions. But apparently he was dropped and leadership moved over to De Kleijn. Weird though as most other sprinters, more flat ones, weren`t gapped.
A bit unfortunate but as the GC was no key anyway, the stage win on day 4 was gold again.

2 stage wins I guess is more than okay as top sprinter on 3 flat stages.
In especially a nice sprint train leadout once again.

Thanks for the report.

Eden95
Nemolito wrote:

Nemo are you ok
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

Bjartne
We're doing okay GC-wise, but I'm afraid the TT will crush that hope pretty quickly.

Thanks Cunego! Looking forward to the finale!

AbhishekLFC
Not a great TT for Jungels but 7th, 20th and 26th in GC is a lot better return than I was expecting pre-race. If only Vesely showed up for the sprints! Still can't complain about the return from here too much.

Congrats Nemo on yet another win and thanks for the reports cunego Smile

quadsas
Great day on the hills paid dividents. Great result for Beniušis and three others who finished top 16. We take that
deez

Fabianski
3 in the GC Top 10, I'll definitely take that Grin
Rekita worst of the 3 79 TTers up there, but with the GC podium out of reach anyway these 16 points don't really hurt given how well the rest of the team did.
A bit sad that on the day where Bissegger is the best of the 78 TTers bunch, it doesn't matter due to the S3 time loss. Still nice to see him up to 28th on GC, didn't expect that. Brunel very solid as well, with only Jungels finishing ahead of him from the 78 bunch. Küng not on a great day, but if that's still sufficient for 10th in GC, I definitely won't complain. Marchewka and Bol just making the Top 50 as well, meaning that the TT stage actually was Bol's best performance in relation to his skillset.

Easy U25 win for Brunel as expected - his 2nd of the year - with Bissegger at least up to 4th with some minor points as well. The latter did a great job regarding the team standings being our 2nd best finisher of the day, and it was a very comfortable win in the end. 2nd race in a row that we're getting both white and the team standings, feels good Smile

Overall, despite having less riders in the GC Top 15 and far less notable stage results than in Norway, we still score even higher thanks to 3 in the Top 10. Which more than makes up for the lack of stage results and some lost depth - other teams lost some riders, too, and fortunately we just had enough of them to still get something really good out of this race.

Congrats to Zmorka and Los Pollos once again, definitely rocking those TT-heavy races despite having almost no depth in the GC. Well done to Indosat as well, 2nd was the best Dunbar could potentially get after the unselective S3. A bit unfortunate for Assa to have the "wrong" rider ahead of Dunbar in the TT, but Paillot has already scored enough this year anyway Pfft

Zalgiris should get quite a lot of room to breathe now in the relegation fight with this great result, and for Kraftwerk it surely was a good race as well.

Thanks for the reports!

Nemolito
Great time trial by Zmorka and happy to be able to win here after last times Sterbini (in CT) and Zmorka came close, but were unable to grab the GC victory. Zmorka kind of won everything he was able to win this season, and the two stages he didn't, he finished second. Great season for him with just a little cooldown race in Arenberg to come. Sütterlin also very very likely with the last race of his career for us (barring NC's), and he finished it off strongly with a third place on the stage. Great to see, he's definitely had a good season.

Congratulations to everyone who did well here, either individually or with depth results. I also want to say I am ok, and would therefore like to congratulate the report for an amazing cunego once again.

Laurens147
Congrats Nemo with the win! Smile
MG - Lotto - Caloi
[MG] New Manager of the Year - PCM.daily Awards 2022

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password