· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour de Suisse Discussion
knockout
I'll never understand why we wouldnt try to get into the break on a stage like this with no sprinter and "only Foss" as GC option. Getting someone - even Krasts - into the attack would raise the scoring potential so much between KoM chances, temporary U23 jersey wearing via bonus seconds and the outside chance of surviving. There are plenty of stages where im giving the benefit of the doubt because not everyone who attacks is listed or where there is too much action at the beginning but here we got a very quiet start.
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

Ollfardh
We really needed a gap there. Thanks for the report!
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Marcovdw
Kalaba with a great team effort to keep Cattaneo in the same time is the best I can make from this stage Cool
Manager of Minions

Fabianski
How on earth can we throw away such a promising stage by being absolutely passive all day long... We had a perfectly suited rider with Schmid, who not only didn't care but was even gapped... Fortunately Darbellay did a great job alongside Kalaba to sufficiently close that gap, but if we continue like that it won't matter anyway. I'd like to have some luck in a PTHC stage for once. Unacceptable performance in a home race on that stage, really disappointing.

Luis Leon Sanchez
Nothing for us in the stage result when it came to the finale but a stellar effort from Cosnefroy to lead the KOM! Hopefully he goes for that now given our hopes in the GC aren't particularly great. Favourable time gaps too with Thijssen still 5th and leading the U25s which is a bonus.

redordead
We dodged a bullet there with no time gaps awarded. Hopefully we are better positioned and stay out of trouble in the next two stages.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

knockout
Neilands in the break might not have been the ideal choice but we tried reasonably and that counts for a lot.

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

quadsas
Beautiful stuff, keep em coming and have to pray for mountain squad to deliver nice GC points in PTHC once again
deez

cio93
Very happy with our consistency across the first two stages.

Kanter AND Steimle both were very close to the stage win on the first day, maybe some better teamwork could've made it happen for either of them but second place was good points.

Madouas was very active at the front on stage 2, although then again not in the perfect position going into the sprint, an issue we've already had in the Vuelta with Herklotz a couple of times.
Still, 4th is a good result.

Now let's see if Kanter can be in the mix on the easier hilly stage, curiously the race lead is still well within reach, potentially even still on the day after (going into the GC stages with our sprinter in the lead would probably be disadvantageous though).
If not, Madouas looks ready to have a good go at it himself again.

MacC
Thanks Cunego.

Lovely hurling from Dunne, exactly what we should be doing considering out GC threat is in 143rd !

Let's see if he can hold it for a day or two !

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:22
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Marcovdw
This seemed like an ideal stage for Kalaba, but better luck tomorrow
Manager of Minions

Ulrich Ulriksen
A very good Saturday morning at McCormick headquarters. Bagioli showing the impatience of youth, but still a third place is great. Also really like to see that it appears to be Mohammad staying with McNulty on these hilly stages so the mountain domestiques can rest their legs for the big stage.

Shout out to my fellow 19ers - with Dunne riding a great stage for Glanbia and Schmid finally doing what Fab was hoping. He might have been a bit too strong with all the attacks, maybe held more for the finish.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

cio93
Wait, you're telling me that on the day I witness a derby masterclass in real life football, I also get to witness TWO back-to-back sprinting masterclasses in make-believe cycling?! Cool

Wow, just incredible work. Tough to put it into words beyond "perfection".
What a day!

Also great to see our former rider Dunne in the KoM jersey. Smile

Marcovdw
Kalaba did not have his best week here it seems.
Manager of Minions

knockout
Love to see us really putting in the work to get into the break and Mantas is a real nice option to have in the break on a stage like this. Didnt really get anything outside temporary second place in the u25 but this is the racing i want to see without a sprinter and with "only" foss as gc option.

Congrats cio, your team looks super strong here.

Great report!

Luis Leon Sanchez
Involved in the chase and a great lead-out from Conci of all people :lol: Strength in the finale that barely anyone could keep up with which set Thijssen up for the sprint. Unfortunately our lead man couldn't quite get the win but a really solid performance for 2nd to drag himself up the GC, Points and maintain U25s.

Now for Conci to work for himself to get something out of the GC!

Congrats to cio Wink Your riders proving too strong again and again here.

Fabianski
Well, I guess I didn't quite get my planning right here. I didn't consider the fact that Schmid might be considered a stage favourite and hence be unable to join the breakaways. Which is really unfortunate, I was hoping to see him mount a good KoM challenge.
Still, the finale of stage 3 was fun to watch. In hindsight, it probably wasn't the right call to insist again and again, he should rather have waited for the chasers and then attacked again. But well, he's still young and needs to learn. It was a close call in the end, instead of 5th he could also have ended up on the podium. Not unhappy with this result, though, that's the kind of racing I like to see more often - and it well eventually end up being successful.

But it's still pretty annonying that 4 stages are already done - and we have zero representations in breakaways. Page definitely wasn't among the favourites on S4, but we still decided to be passive. Disappointing.
Even more so given that Page then missed the right moment to launch his sprint and only ended up 9th - a truly pointless stage. I was definitely hoping for far, far more active racing in our home race. Maybe in the second half?

Congrats to Puma on back-to-back wins, although you could've left one of these for ZARA Pfft
Thanks for the reports!

Ollfardh
Excellent climbing by Oomen, let's hope he can limit the damage in the TT.
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Marcovdw
Cattaneo cracking in the end is a shame. He'll gain something back in the TT tomorrow before inevitably cracking again on the final stage
Manager of Minions

Ulrich Ulriksen
Solid riding by McNulty. Best news being the nice gap to some of those behind so a solid cushion for our top five goal. U25 jersey looks safe. Kuss with his best day of the season in 15th and hopefully our TTing is good enough to keep us competitive in the teams competition.

Thanks for the reports Cunego, especially enjoyed the close up shot of the top 5 dropping their last rivals (apologies to Fab as Stussi is kind of posterized in that one)
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Here's (not) looking back at you