Jakstar22

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Cont-Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour of Norway - Discussions
cunego59
This might be the best start to the race that could've happened for us. First, we love to see Houcaine El Sabbahi succeed! The first stage win for a rider that signed for us as a rookie, and even if it isn't for our team, that's a great milestone to achieve. And then to follow that up with a stage win of our own, and taking the GC lead along the way ... it honestly is fitting nicely into our season, which is saying a lot about our season in the best possible way Pfft

Now I hope that we go for Uwizeyimana as our GC leader as I do believe the two final stages will be too tough for Izagirre. Worst case would be Uwizeyimana throwing away a good position in support of a failing Izagirre. But even if that happens, we've already crossed the threshold to call this one a successful race, I think.

Fabianski
How on earth can Bol go from winning two Giro stages to being completely irrelevant in every single of this month's sprint stages? Really don't get it, both El Sabbahi and Silvestre are easily within reach usually... Really looks like we've used up our luck this year - unlike Bralirwa, for whom almost everything continues to fall into place it seems. Congrats, cunego!

Thanks for the report, hopefully there'll be some more satisfying ones for us ^^

Fabianski
Well, that TT is just absolutely awful. I thought we had limited daily form to +/-2, looks like it's back to +/- 5 here. No clue how such a horrible result - every single rider clearly underperforming - can actually happen. Most ridiculous is some 74 dude beating 78 TTers, haven't seen that in any TT this year so far. And to see e.g. Uwizeyimana a minute ahead of Stüssi, that's just a bad joke.

Totally awful race for us so far, no clue what's wrong all of a sudden. Just sucks big time. It's not about a single rider not delivering, it's about the entire team shitting the bed.

Congrats to Zmorka nonetheless, at least the top favourite delivered as expected.

Ulrich Ulriksen
Hard to know whether that was good or bad. Daniel at +1'07 but with most of the GC guys behind him. If he can use his moderate climbing skills to survive while other TTers get dropped that will be good, but not at all confident on that. Bagioli put in a nice time but not sure he can survive tomorrow either. I think continued anonymity seems like the most likely outcome for us.

Thanks for the reports and congrats to Zmorka on delivering on the day.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

Jakstar22
Blocked in the spring again for Howard. GC wise the ITT went well with Bobridge close to the top guys. Erdenebat again disappointing in the time trial. Marryatt with an excellent top 10 gives us something to be happy with in stage 3. Into the GC race Bobridge will be hoping for a high finish in Norway!

cunego59
Uwi in 16th is a wild result. I really hope the team rallies around him now, then we could be in for another surprising success. Izagirre is also not too far away, but like I said before, I fear the next two stages are too tough for him.

Congrats Nemo, and Dunbar already in the driver seat, should be a formality now, really.

quadsas
A nothing xp race for us seems likely
deez

Bushwackers
Congrats Eden and thanks Imladrik!

I'm not sure how the game has us winning the Teams competition here, maybe I'm missing something that's been pointed out elsewhere? It looks like Jura should beat us easily at a glance.

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:23
Bot Agent

IP: None  
cunego59
Fantastic, this is exactly what I'd hoped for. Uwizeyimana looked really strong, even missing out on bonus seconds by just a few centimeters. We're 3rd, 9th and 15th in the GC now, as Izagirre and Hadi also did fairly well. I hope we at least don't lose too much of that on the final stage.

Congrats Mresuperstar on the stage win, very important one in the relegation battle, with a good GC finish also now likely. Nice to see former Bralirwa rider Vliegen in the first group, too, even if it was from the breakaway. Dunbar looking surprisingly shaky, maybe this is not as done a deal as I thought it would be.

Bushwackers wrote:

I'm not sure how the game has us winning the Teams competition here, maybe I'm missing something that's been pointed out elsewhere? It looks like Jura should beat us easily at a glance.

Top 3 riders on every stage individually count, not the Top 3 in the GC. The two of you were the only teams with 2 riders in the first group today, but you have the upper hand thanks to the better Top 3 riders in the TT.

Sykkel_Freak
Solid TT from Paillot, and strong enough in stage 4 to hold off the better climbers as of now. Crossing our fingers the last stage won’t create too big of gaps and that our frenchman can hold onto a strong GC position.

Nice to see our former rider Uwizeyimana doing great here as well! Smile

cunego59
3rd and 9th in the GC, Silvestre winning a stage and the points classification - what an incredible race for us. Once again, we're beating our own highest expectations. Congrats Eden for the expected GC win, and to Sykkel as well, really good job by Paillot on these last two stages. And thank you Imladrik for the high quality reports!

kandesbunzler26
Great ride by our loaned out Louvel BananaBananaBanana
Congrats to all the winners and thanks Imladrik for the reports.
i.imgur.com/77VDWQo.jpeg

i.ibb.co/PC3Kfz9/Signature2020.pngi.ibb.co/Hpc4z3S/FINALUSER.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/mostimproved-bk26.png

Ulrich Ulriksen
Well that went pretty much as hoped for. Daniel does three spots better than last year to take 7th. Plus some depth GC and a few stage points. Another nice race from Bagioli. The McCormick model of putting up OK results while being totally anonymous continues.

Congrats to Indosat and Bralirwa for their successes. Also Tafjord with a great outcome for CT outfit. Thanks for the reports.

Onto to June and some McNulty races. Hopefully non-anonymous (in a good way).
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

Bjartne
I'm amazed by 5th and 8th in this race. It was definately not planned, so a huge boost to our promotion hopes. Thank you so much Imladrik for the great reports! Smile

Fabianski
Well, can't complain about S4. The climb was too short/easy to really gap the more solid TTers - which also came in handy for Brunel and Küng. On a normal day, Masnada would beat Jorgenson, who just had another outstanding day (like in Viana). Can't do anything about it, congrats to Zwift - and I guess it wasn't a bad decision to leave Powless at home.
Was hoping for some fireworks on S5, given that we had 4 riders in decent GC positions but no-one high up, but sadly Küng couldn't repeat last year's magic move. Instead, Bol got his best result of the month - which still isn't great with 6th place, but we'll take it.

All in all, 10th, 11th, 13th, 14th, 2nd U25 and teams win definitely isn't a bad outcome. Although Stüssi should've beaten Uwi and Vanhoucke in the TT, and at least one of Brunel or Küng should've been ahead of Vangstad, Daniel and Laengen. Meaning that a Top 5 was actually mandatory in this field, but for whatever reason everyone shat the bed in the TT...
Thanks to the great depth result, we still saved the race points-wise, after I had to fear a zero-pointer after stage 3...

Congrats to Indosat on an expected, yet closer than expected win.
Congrats to Bralirwa as well, this really must be your promotion year. Silvestre suddenly finding his sprinting legs, and an average climber taking 3rd on the GC - things are really going your way!

Thanks for the reports, Imladrik.

TinxiaS
Thanks for previews and reports and congrats to stage and GC winners.

Our team is realy sinking from race to race. Fom having puncture in the end of the stages to just not having enough stamina to follow the best cyclist in peloton.

I think we will need to do a big big change with our leaders and support team next year probably in CT level and decided to build mixed strong team which will need to be rebuild every year just a bit or loose a few years in CT and start bulding team on long term.

https://www.facebook.com/Cycling24.7
Sykkel_Freak
Pretty happy with an uneventful final stage! Second in GC is fantastic, and Paillot is having a really good season so far. Hope he can keep it up Smile

Congrats also to Eden and Cunego, and thanks for the fast and good reports, Imladrik!

MacC
And Main blows it ... can't complain, he's quite limited in the hills.

Congrats to Dunbar and manager, deserved win , pretty perfect parcours for him

We got some points from Kennett but reality staring Glanbia in the face now ...

Eden95
Sorry, been away for a few days. Im not surprised at the closeness of the result, Dunbar did lose something like 3 stage race GC victories by a combined margin of under 30 seconds last season. Very happy to see that he converted his great TT ride into wining the GC here though Smile Not a lot of depth or stage points though, which is a pity in a race like this where we had a pretty solid squad. Nonetheless, stoked with the result.

Congrats to Cunego, SF and Bjartne on the results. Thank you very much imladrik for the lovely reports also.
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

Jakstar22
Again Bobridge struggles. Good to see him on the attack though. He tried in the final stage. Howard had a good chance if he didn’t get blocked in both sprints. Still not bad. Hopefully our form increases!

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Jasper Stuyven
Jasper Stuyven