· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Cont-Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Circulo de Juárez | Discussion
AbhishekLFC
Well at least the trajectory is upwards Pfft

No leadout was better for us this time. Hopefully Vesely can be consistent in the last two stages as well.

Congrats to MacC and thanks for the report Imladrik Smile

Eden95
@roturn: sprinters do still get ignored as well, both Dainese and Abdul Halil as 81sp riders got shafted on stage 3. Have noticed it in Qatar as well. At least it’s not the 4th sprinter bug, but still another inconsistency with sprinters.

PTSD flashbacks to Howard getting ignored half the time last season. Not sure if it’s a GC thing or bad form, but hopefully it’s not something we’ll have to get used to. Congrats to MacC, good win for Kennett.

Thanks for the report.
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

MacC
Woo hoo!

That's a pleasant surprise. Man I'd be angry if I had the likes of Groenewgen

Kennett is performing which we need badly . This terrible month is somewhat salvaged especially if he can stick in the top 5

Thanks for the report

Laurens147
Congrats MacC! Smile
MG - Lotto - Caloi
[MG] New Manager of the Year - PCM.daily Awards 2022

roturn
So the top20 have collected at least one bonus second now.

And Groenewegen not even best of the rest also sitting behind Walscheidt.

Can probably ignore any pan flat stage race or all the others as well for a proper sprint by Groenewegen...

Thanks for the report and congrats to the winners.

Fabianski
Clearly not very smart positioning by Bol today, as he was already in the wind on the first sprint pic (800m to go). He wasn't far behind Kennett at that time, but the latter still had all the slipstream of the riders ahead - well done, and congrats to Glanbia Smile

Given that Bol was in the wind throughout the whole sprint, holding onto 7th is a good performance, even fending off Halvorsen. Others were dropping like a stone on the closing meters, so I'm fine with that. 5th after 3 stages is a great intermediate result, although it can obviously still go in both ways from there.

Thanks for the report to Imladrik.
No more comment on unlucky sprinters here - although I think we should discuss (in the corresponding thread) what could be done, after having followed Qatar and half of Juárez now, plus e.g. P-N.

@roturn
At least the classics seem to work out rather well for the good sprinters, but the sample size to draw conclusions is still very small. Good luck for the final two stages! Given that the profiles look like it's a slight downhill sprint, going early might be more promising there than on S1-3...

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:30
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Jakstar22
Perera is starting to compete now. Inside the top 10 and it looked like he got blocked and couldn't get through so A good sign moving into the last few days. Fingers crossed we can get up a bit higher in the stage and inside the top 10 in GC

Ulrich Ulriksen
Have to be pleased that Walscheid has been in the picture every stage but he is probably too involved and keeps fading terribly in the last 300 meters. Only needs one better timed finish to move up so fingers crossed. Otherwise we are looking a a pretty point-free February.

Congrats to Mac on the win.

One other thought on the sprints - they are messed up but I don't think the weak sprinter flat values help. I did some analysis on Qatar and riders with strong flat definitely did better. If you look at the regular DB none of the top sprinters have flat less than 75 but in the mangame having a value above 75 is the exception.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

Nemolito
Nice to see our former loanee grab the win, congratulations Eden!

Quispe losing the KoM-jersey is a bit of a shame, but seems logic if he's on Manninen duty. In the end I think Imladrik doesn't mind seeing an other colourful LPH jersey Cool

Was a bit concerned with Manninen so far back once again when the sprint started, which I think is because of his GC position. So he'll need another crazy sprint tomorrow like yesterday to keep up there in the GC. Three podiums on four stages is obviously good work nevertheless. Conmiserations to the same guys once again Sad

Thanks for the great report, Imladrik!
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

Laurens147
Watching all these sprints from Dainese and Groenewegen is really painful Sad
MG - Lotto - Caloi
[MG] New Manager of the Year - PCM.daily Awards 2022

AbhishekLFC
Back to the same fate as the first two stages. Stage 3 was the template to get something out of this race. Hopefully we can have at least one result up to Vesely's potential.

Congrats to Eden and thanks for the report!

SotD
If this is how the sprint AI works across all divisions, we have no option but to return back to a previous version after this season.

We can't have a game version where the best sprinters in the races never perform. It's too big of a disruption of the whole mechanics of the game. We need the best sprinters to have a value exceeding the subtop ones, otherwise everyone will avoid the top tiers - and those eventually falling for the temptation will be punished severely.

If there was a correlation between secondary stats (like in other versions with low MO hilly riders being bad, low ACC climbers etc. not performing well there was a reason behind it that could be relatively easily applied to the OVL system). This is just no possible to fix.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

Jakstar22
4th place for Perera is much better! He’s into the top 10 in GC as well! Very happy with how he’s sprinting! I hope he can improve even a bit more!!!

Congrats to the winner and excellent reports!

Eden95
Awesome to see Abdul Halil get his first (hopefully of many Smile) win in our jersey! Definitely the best possible bounce back after the last stage. He went early-ish and I thought he was done for, but luckily held on! The downhill would have helped, but then it seems it didn’t help many others, like Dainese who launched at the same time in a perfect position and then faded quickly. Strange.

@Nemo: Thanks! Wish he could have snagged a GT win for you guys last season.

SotD: I agree it will need to be addressed if it continues like this, still early days but you shouldn’t be punished for having a top rider.
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

Croatia14
What the fuck was going on...
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png

ivaneurope
OK, this is a little bit weird - the best placed rider from my team was a cobbler (rather than my 'top' sprinter Kiskonen, who took a solitary point overall) and most of my ranking points are from the secondary KoM standings. Don't know what to think about this. But to be honest, I'm not expecting to survive - might just as well use this season to evaluate what to and not to do to be a PCT worthy team.

Congrats to Los Pollos for the overall win and Imladrik for the reports
i.imgur.com/rrQH4R2.png
i.imgur.com/KoxIGiG.png

Nemolito
Nemolito wrote:
Was a bit concerned with Manninen so far back once again when the sprint started, which I think is because of his GC position. So he'll need another crazy sprint tomorrow like yesterday to keep up there in the GC.

He definitely listened, as this time instead of being at the back he was at the front with like 1.5 km to go. Incredibly strong from him to hold on, what a way to win our home race! Combined with three more stage podiums and Quispe with three days in the polka-dots and second in the final KoM, we can only be happy.

I guess having 20+ 78-82 sprinters in one race is not easy to handle, so let's hope the game (or we) find a solution for this going further, although of course there will always be people (rightfully) disappointed. I feel very bad for Fastned, Sony and Assa Abloy among others. I hope all of the teams with the bad luck can have a great sprinting bounce back soon..

And thanks you Imladrik for the very fine reports as always. Missing those two penultimate pictures definitely added to the suspense Pfft

roturn
Thanks for the report and congrats nemolito for the GC.

Regarding our race, Groenewegen did exactly right on that last stage. Why even try if you won't have a chance anyway.

Top favourite without a single top10 here. Just ridiculous. Kind of feared it after the Coquard no show before. But nothing to look forward to for the rest of the season as it's apparently a bad decision to have moved to pcm22 unfortunately.

fjhoekie
Screw Manninen... Frown
Manager of Team Popo4Ever p/b Morshynska in the PCM.Daily Man-Game

Nemolito
fjhoekie wrote:
Screw Manninen... Frown

To be fair, the race organisation does prefer having a top tier sprinter winning the race over a second row nobody Pfft

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.