· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Great Ocean Road Classic - Discussion
MacC
15th for Kennett is probably about right, can't complain- he is getting in the mix every time, this was probably a little hilly for his liking i.e. it had some speedbumps !

Nice report and nice win for EA. #justhappytobehere

knockout
cunego59 wrote:
Really cool finale I think, with rouleurs attacking, a top team controlling the race and setting their sprinter up nicely, who delivers except for a surprise attack by another top sprinter, who goes early and actually gets rewarded for it. Maybe it's selective perception but sprints feel pretty nice so far in PCM22.

Kinda want to agree with this. But also Gaviria finishes 17th which is ... something.

Stepan Kurianov 16th place i'm happy with. If i can get that sort of result constantly in the flat classics, thats already a nice improvement compared to last year.
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

cunego59
knockout wrote:
cunego59 wrote:
Really cool finale I think, with rouleurs attacking, a top team controlling the race and setting their sprinter up nicely, who delivers except for a surprise attack by another top sprinter, who goes early and actually gets rewarded for it. Maybe it's selective perception but sprints feel pretty nice so far in PCM22.

Kinda want to agree with this. But also Gaviria finishes 17th which is ... something.

Yeah, fair point. And we've seen similar with Coquard already, for instance. Significant negative outliers for the elite guys seem to be more common. Remains to be seen how regular those will be over time, I guess. Though at least Gaviria has also had very good results already.

Luis Leon Sanchez
11th isn't the worst result from Jakobsen given the field here but would have hoped for him to crack the Top 10.

Was exciting to see Cosnefroy off on the late attack! Pity he couldn't make it stick as that would have been a fun 1 v 1 for the win.

Thank you for the report Smile Echo the comment that it's good to see a favourite team lead out their sprinter for a win but indeed less ideal to see the best of the lot outside the Top 15.

quadsas
Didnt fail miserably, but failed nonetheless. Not the most encouraging start of the season from Halvorsen, but at least he is picking up points
deez

Eden95
Can live with that from AH, a good first ride for the team and about as expected.

Kind of disagree with the praise of sprinting AI so far. it’s still early days and Qatar is a bad measuring stick, but so far it’s seemed pretty random to me. I mean the two best sprinters, Gaviria and Ahlstrand, didn’t even compete here. I honestly forgot they were racing until I looked at the results.

Congrats on the win SN and thanks for the report!
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

alexkr00
The sprints do feel more interesting and exciting, but then you realize that somehow the big guns weren't even involved in them.
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/avatar21.png

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:29
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Marcovdw
Great to do all the work for 23rd...

Thanks for the report Eezefreak, congrats SportingNonsense!
Manager of Minions

Ollfardh
Yeah, I'll take 5th. Seems he took my advice on positioning. Thanks for the report!
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Fabianski
I'll definitely take 9th place, that's a great result for Bol. Didn't really expect any points from pure sprint classics, so that's some bonus for us. (Or just makes up for part of the HK failure). Seeing Afewerki getting a podium makes me hope we'll hit the jackpot as well over the course of the year, though Wink

I have to admit that I don't like the sprints so far. As it was mentioned before, both Gaviria and Ahlstrand not even participating feels absurd, especially with Afewerki on the podium, or even Abdul Halil in the Top 10 - so it can't be the hills that tired them. My feeling is that sprints are more random than ever - or at least not less random. The issue is that it's pretty much the only rider category that behaves so randomly, so having a top sprinter costs a fortune, and you have few races - whereas a solid 79 sprinter has a reasonable wage, almost twice as many RDs as Gaviria, and doesn't necessarily score 5x less.
I agree that the sample size is small - with Qatar and GORC being particular races - so we'll have to wait and see how Gaviria, Coquard, Ahlstrand and other top sprinters do points-wise by the end of the year.

Congrats to SN, Van der Lijke definitely isn't a wrong winner on a rather bumpy course Smile
And thanks to Ezee for the nice report!

SotD
It’s going to be a very long season if this is what the top sprinters are capable of!
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

tsmoha
At least we tried a potential winning move with Culey. Obviously our only chance to shine here.

Thanks for the report!

Sykkel_Freak
Would have been nice to take a podium, but Dainese in 4th and Konychev in 18th is certainly decent results. Hopefully Dainese can continue to remain consistently in the top. Really nice to see Konychev try something as well and shows that Dainese's presence doesn't necessarily impede his freedom to attack. Although it didn't work out, good that he could still sprint to a decent position in the end.

Congrats to SN and thanks for the report!

cio93
Very happy with Kanter bouncing back from Qatar in style!

I love to see us providing him with another rather successful leadout after the one in Tasmania.
It was somewhat of a gamble to keep a train on the roster after Demare's departure, but it looks like there are enough opportunities to utilize it to make it worth the investment.

Congrats to SN for a surprising, but deserved sprint win, and commiserations to all teams that had a favorite not participate! Frown
Thank you Ezeefreak!

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Kwiatkowski being buried