Posted on 19-09-2024 23:23
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Thor Hushovd
What's happened here?

i.imgur.com/ida6cOG.png
Edited by Thor Hushovd on 13-07-2023 13:44

Thor Hushovd
Not sure if these are issues with the DB or the game itself. In the results page, some old team names are used. Also, for a few countries, the region is not displayed next to the flag. (It was like this before and after the update that came today)

i.imgur.com/y1SVjRg.png i.imgur.com/agBIHIf.png

cunego59
Hmm, the old team names must be an issue with the palmares data. Shouldn't be too hard to fix, we'll look into that. The regions thing happens if our database is combined with the default local cdb file (because we added/edited regions for some countries that don't have an entry in the default local). Have you made sure to include our local.cdb?

Thor Hushovd
Local.cdb had not been copied over by the zip program, thanks!

Bellcat539
Thanks for the new update! Can you only use it with a new Career game or can you use it in an existing Career save?

cunego59
Bellcat539 wrote:
Thanks for the new update! Can you only use it with a new Career game or can you use it in an existing Career save?

Some of the graphics like the race logos and logos for WT etc will work on existing careers. Most of the other changes will only effect new careers.

Bellcat539
cunego59 wrote:
Bellcat539 wrote:

Some of the graphics like the race logos and logos for WT etc will work on existing careers. Most of the other changes will only effect new careers.

Thank you - I've just noticed that the Giro logo is still using the old/default one. I checked the TGA file in the PCM folder in the C drive and it shows the new/real logo so not sure what is going on here.

EDIT: I've noticed that the TDF and Giro jerseys aren't updated as well. Not sure how to upload screenshots otherwise I can show you.
Edited by Bellcat539 on 25-07-2023 15:10

Bellcat539
I've realised what has happened now. When you extract the update, the folders 'Jersey', 'MiniJersey' and 'RaceLogo' are not in the 'Gui' folder so when you copy and paste from the unzipped update folder into the folder where the game is installed, it doesn't go into the 'Gui' folder. Moving them into the 'Gui' folder stored in the C: Drive solved the problem.

Also, the 'RaceLogo' folder from the update needs to be renamed 'race_logo' in order to overwrite the original folder properly.

It may be worth amending the Update so that the Jersey, MiniJersey and race_logo folders are in the GUI folder in the update. That way, people will copy and paste it into the right folder and have the logos etc. updated.
Edited by Bellcat539 on 25-07-2023 17:37

cunego59
Bellcat539 wrote:
I've realised what has happened now. When you extract the update, the folders 'Jersey', 'MiniJersey' and 'RaceLogo' are not in the 'Gui' folder so when you copy and paste from the unzipped update folder into the folder where the game is installed, it doesn't go into the 'Gui' folder. Moving them into the 'Gui' folder stored in the C: Drive solved the problem.

Also, the 'RaceLogo' folder from the update needs to be renamed 'race_logo' in order to overwrite the original folder properly.

It may be worth amending the Update so that the Jersey, MiniJersey and race_logo folders are in the GUI folder in the update. That way, people will copy and paste it into the right folder and have the logos etc. updated.

Ah, that's a rather embarassing mistake on my part. We rolled the update out on the workshop first and apparently I wasn't diligent enough when converting the folders for release here. The files are uploaded again with what should be the proper structure. Thank you for the assistance!

Thor Hushovd
Sorry I don't mean to hijack the thread Embarassed but I have another (and slightly bigger) problem. After the new update the game crashes every time I click on Training in Pro Cyclist mode, both old and new save games. Does this happen to anyone else?

Most likely it's some other graphics/equipment I've added or edited, but I don't get why that would affect only the Training tab.
Edited by Thor Hushovd on 26-07-2023 01:07

cunego59
Thor Hushovd wrote:
Sorry I don't mean to hijack the thread Embarassed but I have another (and slightly bigger) problem. After the new update the game crashes every time I click on Training in Pro Cyclist mode, both old and new save games. Does this happen to anyone else?

Most likely it's some other graphics/equipment I've added or edited, but I don't get why that would affect only the Training tab.

It appears to be an issue with the tga files. Return to the backup files we included and it should work again. They sometimes have very weird interactions, which is slightly frustrating (and it's virtually impossible to test every single button). I've excluded them from the download until we figure that out.

Thor Hushovd
Thank you!

Aroux
Why is there no Tour de Wallonie in the DB?

hushovd92
After the update i dont get points for pro series,class 1 and 2 races. Is this an issue with the update or has something gone wrong with my game?

szuwaraw
Ive started new custom career with second update u1- continental team - can see only world tour ranking, earier ranking was for all teams according to division

Willemaarts
Excess wrote:
cunego59 wrote:
lpayer wrote:
Hello, big, big fan of everyone's work here !
I noticed that the JaƩn Paraiso classic is not available in the calendar when starting a Career/Pro Cyclist, and is not there when doing an one-off race.

Did I miss something with the database installation ?

Thanks !

That actually seems to be an oversight on our part, we didn't have that in our race list. We'll add it in the next update!

First of all thanks for your great work !

There are also several missing/cancelled/wrong dated races across the calendar.
Do you need me to write down those I found ?

I would like to hear which ones have wrong dates or are cancelled, since I've gone over all races and dates at the start of the season. We are aware of some missing races though
pcmdaily.com/files/exppack/Banner/DBTeam24.png

Willemaarts
szuwaraw wrote:
Ive started new custom career with second update u1- continental team - can see only world tour ranking, earier ranking was for all teams according to division

This is a change that was made by Cyanide, not by our DB team. Note however that this is a UCI ranking, not the WorldTour ranking, so your CT riders are also in this list if they get points

Willemaarts
hushovd92 wrote:
After the update i dont get points for pro series,class 1 and 2 races. Is this an issue with the update or has something gone wrong with my game?

Did this just happen after the update? We were planning to change the system to the real life situation anyway, so this will be fixed in a next update

szuwaraw
Willemaarts wrote:
szuwaraw wrote:

This is a change that was made by Cyanide, not by our DB team. Note however that this is a UCI ranking, not the WorldTour ranking, so your CT riders are also in this list if they get points

It was like You describe after Ist expansion pack,, after update 1 - it is as Ive described
Cannot see ranking with UCI points, List fo riders / teams are only with WorldTour competitions - no other poinst can be seeb - it is as hushovd92 described as well
Ive loaded game created before update u1 and rankings are ok
Edited by szuwaraw on 31-07-2023 09:56

jedimaster
Hi,

The update 3 went online yesterday. Is it compatible with the expansion pack u1 ? Is it necesserary to reinstall something to overwrite some update 3 files ? And finally, can I continue a game started before the update?

Thanks by advance.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Poor Sagan