· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,013
· Newest Member: JasonPaump
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Teams HQ
 Print Thread
Pearl Adidas | 2013
Mresuperstar
CSC-Orbea is expecting to attend as the future of Machado has caught our eye.
Edited by Mresuperstar on 28-11-2012 13:43
i.imgur.com/MROdsa0.jpg
i.imgur.com/wOuhm5A.jpg
i.imgur.com/g5J7yBi.jpg
i.imgur.com/0XELE5w.jpg
i.imgur.com/cDJTKrt.png

https://twitter.com/Mresuperstar
p3druh
Press Conference - Open to Public

Pearl Adidas (board, staff and riders) held a highly important and publicized meeting yesterday. The results of said meeting have been a source for some news and "news" that we haven't commented on (nor will we do so right now).

To discuss the reports that have emerged and to reveal more about our plans for the 2013 season, we will be holding a press conference today at 21.00 (CET). Due to the importance of this conference and to make sure we address every question/doubt/rumor there is about the team and its riders, this conference will be open to the public. This means anyone can submit questions for the team to answer and we assure everyone no question will go unanswered. To better organize the questions, we ask those who are not affiliated with a news organization and want to submit a question to do so in this thread until 20.00 (CET).

We hope to see you all later tonight.
img401.imageshack.us/img401/3756/91640730.png

p3druh
People, people, please! One at a time! Pfft

Heine
Thats how it goes when you ask for it :-p

Maybe I got a few for you:

"The rumours about Bakelants, are they somehow connected to Boygues Telecom relegating, so that even if he goes to free agency they will not be able to get him?"

"With Machado being rumoured away, and Sicard starting to come into his prime. Will the team be more and more french?"

"I heard the manager threatened their riders that they would send out naked pics if they didn't sign at a minimum wage. When will we see the pictures?"

Smile

Crommy
Just out of curiosity, and certainly not because I would give you any rider(s) you wanted (whether they are in my team or not) plus an actual boat of cash, but are you really going to sell Jan Bakelants?
Edited by Crommy on 28-11-2012 18:10
emoticons4u.com/happy/042.gif

Mresuperstar
Sources are saying the CSC affiliate couldn't make it to this press conference due to a mysterious engine failure. This looks like potential sabotage trick to keep them out of Machado's mind. Does the team have any comment?

Wink
i.imgur.com/MROdsa0.jpg
i.imgur.com/wOuhm5A.jpg
i.imgur.com/g5J7yBi.jpg
i.imgur.com/0XELE5w.jpg
i.imgur.com/cDJTKrt.png

https://twitter.com/Mresuperstar
Kami
How much "vitamins" did Machado receive, to beat Ricco in last years Vuelta a Colombia?

Pfft
Manager of:
Bacardi Limited

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2010/09_Newmember.png

TheManxMissile
Is it true that Bakelants can kick ass at FIFA?
or if you want a serious question...
How are things with Panayotov looking?
Edited by TheManxMissile on 28-11-2012 18:35
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

Roman
Is it really true that Peter Velits, even if he possibly extended his contract, could be likely released for nothing later in the coming transfer season? Smile
Manager of Moser - Sygic

Gustavovskiy
Despite Prio-Porto's late arrival the question remains: How much money will the Machado transfer involve? Trustful sources say they might have brought a substantial amount of cookies to secure the deal!
Manager of Everesting

Heine
Seems like the press conference got delayed?

Ad Bot
Posted on 20-09-2024 00:51
Bot Agent

IP: None  
p3druh
I wasn't late, I was just...waiting for Gustavovskiy's question. Yes, that's it. Blame him. Well, when was the last time a portuguese guy showed up on time anyway?

Press Conference

Directeur Sportif: "Thank you all for coming. I think there is no doubt on what the subject of this conference is. Last night we got a green light from the sponsors to proceed with the contract negotiations with the riders for the 2013 season. It wasn't the easiest of nights nor was it a great night for the team but there was nothing overwhelming about the demands the riders had for the 2013 season. The team has so much money that it makes Armstrong's donation to the UCI look like pocket money but we are bound by the UC-SN regulations that only allow 3,5 million dollars to be allocated to salaries. This made for some pretty intense negotiations but we will get to that in a minute. Before answering the questions you have, I would just like to point out that all Pearl Adidas riders were kept for the 2013 season and most of what has been reported is false, especially the rumor that Bakelants could leave Pearl Adidas for Bouygues Telecom. I mean, that's like leaving Mila Kunis for Susan Boyle. Sure, she may be beautiful on the inside but it doesn't hide the fact that the best rider she has is Theo "even Jaan Kirsipuu outclimbs me" Bos."

Now, to the questions.

OlegTinkov wrote:
img96.imageshack.us/img96/7793/38948568.png

DS: "We appreciate it. We'll make sure Samoilev uses it when we give him a couple of days off."

Heine wrote:
"The rumours about Bakelants, are they somehow connected to Boygues Telecom relegating, so that even if he goes to free agency they will not be able to get him?"

DS: "Absolutely. We are also currently evaluating the competition in the PCT to see what Bouygues Telecom biggest rivals might be and will initiate conversations with that team for a 1 year - free of charges - loan of Bakelants."

Heine wrote:
"With Machado being rumoured away, and Sicard starting to come into his prime. Will the team be more and more french?"

DS: "That was a misunderstanding. Machado was the first rider to come to an agreement with the team over his salary for the next season. He was unhappy but not with the team. He just found it to be very selfish that all of his teammates asked for a huge increase in their wages while he was the only one with enough heart for the team to take a huge pay cut. And also he realized halfway through the meeting that he had forgot to TiVo "Hart of Dixie"."

Heine wrote:
"I heard the manager threatened their riders that they would send out naked pics if they didn't sign at a minimum wage. When will we see the pictures?"

DS: "Again there has been some sort of miscommunication. The naked pictures with bunnies are a tradition in this team. It is our biggest bonding event (apart from our weekly bondage session with Mistress Raven). I did, however, unsuccessfully threaten to release naked pictures of myself."

Crommy wrote:
Just out of curiosity, and certainly not because I would give you any rider(s) you wanted (whether they are in my team or not) plus an actual boat of cash, but are you really going to sell Jan Bakelants?

DS: "Sure, if an actual cycling team shows any interest and comes up with a good proposal, why not? But keep reaching for the stars kid!"

Mresuperstar wrote:
Sources are saying the CSC affiliate couldn't make it to this press conference due to a mysterious engine failure. This looks like potential sabotage trick to keep them out of Machado's mind. Does the team have any comment?

DS: "We have no need for such shenanigans to keep Machado in the team. Duck tape, a rope and Mistress Raven's whip is all we need."

Kami wrote:
How much "vitamins" did Machado receive, to beat Ricco in last years Vuelta a Colombia?

DS: "Twice as many as Ricco, half as much as Cunego."

TheManxMissile wrote:
Is it true that Bakelants can kick ass at FIFA?
How are things with Panayotov looking?

DS: "No, he is a PES fanboy. Things with Panayotov are looking shaky. He doesn't call anymore and when he is here it's like his mind is with someone else. I think this is that whore at Bouygues' fault..."

Roman wrote:
Is it really true that Peter Velits, even if he possibly extended his contract, could be likely released for nothing later in the coming transfer season? Smile

DS: "The only rider that could possibly leave this team for nothing is Jan Bakelants."

Gustavovskiy wrote:
Despite Prio-Porto's late arrival the question remains: How much money will the Machado transfer involve? Trustful sources say they might have brought a substantial amount of cookies to secure the deal!

DS: "Depends on the type of cookies. Chocolate-chip cookies, 2.500.000€. Bugatti-Rolex-House in Dubai-cookies, 2.400.000€."

Imaginary Friend wrote:
What are the plans for the team? You said before that Wim de Vocht, David Vitoria and Evgeni Popov have an open door yet they have been kept in the team. Does this change their situation?

DS: "Absolutely not. No rider is untouchable unless they are French or Portuguese and even those are not 100% certain in the team. The fact that we kept them only means that we see that they have some value and can bring some money or talent to the team via transfer. The same is to be said about Peter Velits. He served a good role last season but his wage demands made him a candidate for an early exit in the transfer season. This doesn't mean that any of these riders are on sale though. The team went over the 3.500.000 salary cap and will take a big fine because of it. So, there is no reason to let go of them unless these sales cover, at least, the value of the fine."

DS: "I believe there are no further questions. I hope everyone's doubts have been dissipated and I leave you with the teams provisional line-up for the 2013 season"

Roster for the 2013 season

Stage Racers

i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/POR.png Tiago Machado
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/SLK.png Peter Velits
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/BLR.png Branislav Samoilev
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/VEN.png Jackson Rodríguez
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/EST.png Tanel Kangert
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/BUL.png Petar Panayotov
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/FRA.png Romain Sicard

Puncheurs

i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/BEL.png Jan Bakelants
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/NED.png William Walker
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/FRA.png Eric Berthou

Northern Classics

i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/ITA.png Enrico Franzoi
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/BEL.png Stijn Joseph
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/BEL.png Wim De Vocht
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/BEL.png Kenny De Haes

Time-Trialists

i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/FRA.png Yohann Offredo

Sprinters

i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/FRA.png Romain Vanderbiest
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/ITA.png Jacopo Guarnieri
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/ARG.png Mauro Richeze
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/FIN.png Jukka Vastaranta
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/FRA.png Lloyd Mondory
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/NED.png Tom Leezer
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/POR.png Manuel Antonio Cardoso
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/RUS.png Evgeni Popov
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/SWI.png David Vitoria

p3druh
Wages for the 2013 season

Green light has been given by the UCSN and we are able to provide you with the teams wages for the following season.

An interesting note that might peak some managers interest in some of Pearl Adidas cyclists is that every rider has an automatic release clause. This means that every rider is up for grabs for any team. Although some riders have agreed to some high clauses, some riders have refused to do so and have negotiated dangerously low clauses. These values will be provided to a third party with whom you can confirm weather your proposal reaches the release clause or not.

Riders and Wages for the 2013 season

i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/BEL.png Jan Bakelants 705.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/FRA.png Romain Sicard 475.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/POR.png Tiago Machado 450.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/SLK.png Peter Velits 400.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/ITA.png Enrico Franzoi 241.500€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/FRA.png Romain Vanderbiest 200.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/ITA.png Jacopo Guarnieri 190.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/FIN.png Jukka Vastaranta 175.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/EST.png Tanel Kangert 150.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/BEL.png Wim De Vocht 130.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/BUL.png Petar Panayotov 115.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/BEL.png Kenny De Haes 86.100€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/BEL.png Stijn Joseph 83.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/BLR.png Branislav Samoilev 70.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/VEN.png Jackson Rodriguez 60.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/FRA.png Yohann Offredo 55.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/NED.png William Walker 55.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/FRA.png Eric Berthou 50.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/POR.png Manuel Antonio Cardoso 50.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/NED.png Tom Leezer 50.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/FRA.png Lloyd Mondory 50.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/RUS.png Evgeni Popov 50.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/ARG.png Mauro Richeze 50.000€
i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/SWI.png David Vitoria 50.000€

Levi4life
Release clausesShock

That's old school.
i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp1/Dessel001/CozzaNydamV2.png

p3druh
Yep, I'm going retro.

p3druh
Pearl Adidas unveil further details on the release clauses

Pearl Adidas announced yesterday that, even though every rider on the team had renewed their contract with the team for one year, they had also guaranteed a clause in their contract that enables them to leave the team if an offer above a predetermined value is made. This deal was made in exchange for a slight decrease in their salaries.

The team is now releasing further information on the subject that might interest some managers looking to prey on these riders.

First of all, every single rider has a different release clause value, calculated using hundreds of thousands of variables. This value will not be public until it is met by an offer. Secondly, all offers made via PM with the intent of reaching the clause will be made public (only the value of the offer, not the team making said offer of course). This means that only monetary offers will be posted, offers that include money plus riders won't fall on this category as there is no obligation on Pearl Adidas part to accept a superior offer if it means taking any riders and their salary back. Thirdly, and as a justification as to why the second point was created, a rider's clause will expire once 3 offers have been made with intent of reaching the clause value.

If a rider's clause value is met, given the normal period between the agreement and the officialization of said agreement by the UCSN, we can't prevent new teams from offering higher transfer fees but it has been agreed with the riders that once a team reaches the clause, Pearl Adidas won't accept any other offers.

Finally, if at any time you feel like we are not being 100% honest with you (I guarantee we will always be but this is a way you too can be sure of it), you can PM Gustavovskyi and he will inform you if the offer the team publicized is indeed under the release clause for the rider. And a big thanks goes out to him for helping out!
Edited by p3druh on 04-12-2012 16:27

TheManxMissile
I'm confused...
Do we just have to guess the release clause when we make offers?
or is there a way to find out the actual number?
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

tyriion
He has an offer in mind, just like anyone I'd guess. He's just willing to sell all his riders, while others won't sell certain riders no matter what.
Check out my ManGame team here

p3druh
TheManxMissile wrote:
I'm confused...
Do we just have to guess the release clause when we make offers?
or is there a way to find out the actual number?

Sorry, forgot to write it: the value is not available, you have to guess it when you make the offer.

I added that to the post now.

p3druh
Transfers so far

Pearl Adidas have had a somewhat busy Transfer Season. While no major changes have been made, the inflow of riders has a particularity that is sure to make the sponsors very happy: all the riders signed are French or Portuguese. Furthermore, not a single French or Portuguese has left the team.

Starting by those just now entering the team, Pearl Adidas are very happy to have signed two of the best Portuguese prospects out there: i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/POR.png Jose Goncalves and i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/POR.png Fabio Silvestre. While Goncalves will already be a solid addition to the team's TT lineup, Silvestre is at the very start of his career and has been loaned to the newly formed Isq-Adira Project where he'll be able to get his first rides among the pros in a less pressuring environment. Also joining the team (and strengthening the team's French Armada) are 5 great helpers and future great helper. For the stage races, i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/FRA.png Florian Morizot and i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/FRA.png Jocelin Maillet are two riders who will add depth to our lineup for the mountains, while i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/FRA.png Morgan Kneisky will add depth to our TTs lineup. i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/FRA.png Armindo Fonseca will look to lead out Romain Vanderbiest in the sprints and i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/FRA.png Guillaume Blot will be a solid helper for Enrico Franzoi in the cobbles. Finally, i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/FRA.png Olivier Le Gac will look to gain with the experience of a season in the Pro Tour after riding in the Continental Tour with Team Puma-SAP. The team is not closed yet and is expected to bring in another loaned rider or three stagiares.

i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l614/adamsellling/ManGame%20Reports/plouay_44.jpg
Florian Morizot in action at GP Plouay

Moving on to those who have left Pearl Adidas, it came as shock to no one when i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/SLK.png Peter Velits was sold to Project 1t4i. He was signed with a clear purpose to be a stopgap until Sicard was able to ride with the big boys. That time has come and Velits leaves us after a very successful first season. Also leaving us but only for one year are i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/POR.png Fabio Silvestre and i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/ITA.png Jacopo Guarnieri who will be in the Continental Tour with Vespa looking for the wins he missed last season and is bringing i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/ARG.png Mauro Richeze along with him. From the cobble section of the team, i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/BEL.png Kenny De Haes and i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/BEL.png Wim De Vocht will be riding with HTC-Nieuwsblad and Pokerstars.com respectively. Finally, we would like to extend a huge "Thank You" to two other riders who are also leaving us this season after being with the team since the very beginning. i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/SWI.png David Vitoria and i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/JJagr/flags/RUS.png Evgeni Popov will be riding in the Continental Tour next year with Metinvest-Emirates and LukOil-Rostelekom.

i187.photobucket.com/albums/x62/Smowz/ManGame/MG20121/California/21-Velitswins.jpg
Velits winning in California. We wish him and all the others the best of luck in their careers' new chapter.

Edited by p3druh on 17-12-2012 11:22

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots