Print Thread
Google translation of Sobranos explanation of how skills works
Ad Bot
Posted on 30-09-2024 04:37
Bot Agent

IP: None  
tellico
sobrano wrote:
p.s. I invite everyone to write only when you are confident (we can also make mistakes tests) but we should not write anything without first testing.
sobrano

I wrote this only beacause i tested it. I did test with 6 riders. Two of them attacks with gel. They do this 4 times each and green moments appear in 50% cases! Guys without gel only one time. Ok, my fault that I made only 8 trials but slow down with the bold font...
Edited by tellico on 24-07-2011 13:00

sobrano
DocSander wrote:

Acceleration
Determines the rate at which the red bar decreases during attacks and sprints.

not only attacks or sprints, but acceleration works everytime (free effort too)

sobrano
tellico wrote:

I wrote this only beacause i tested it. I did test with 6 riders. Two of them attacks with gel. They do this 4 times each and green moments appear in 50% cases! Guys without gel only one time. Ok, my fault that I made only 8 trials but slow down with the bold font...

I am not referring to your post. i am sorry for the misunderstanding. Wink

issoisso
sobrano wrote:
issoisso wrote:
FTR does something else too. It affects how likely it is that the rider will have a "green moment" when he attacks.

this was true only in pcm 2006, from 2007 i never show that again

I was told that in the PCM2010 beta, so it's at least valid for PCM2010.
The preceding post is ISSO 9001 certified

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

"I love him, I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense" - Bradley Wiggins on Lance Armstrong

tellico
I tested again gel impact on the green moment and my previous observations were not confirmed. Only one green moment in 18 attempts so obviously for the first test i was incredible lucky.
About time trial: a mix of TT and prologue stat replaces the plain stat - correct, practically TT/PR is only relevant attribute in flat time trials. But its important to remember that in hill time trials (like eg Grenoble-Grenoble) HI att is important too. I assume that downhill too but i dont test it. Probably in hill time trial alghoritm is the same like on regular hilly stage exception that FL is replaced by TT but still active stat depends on the steepness and >3% HI is taken not TT. I guessing that in <3% is taken downhill but how i say - not test it. So summarize: in flat time trial cyclist A FL=85 TT=70 will have roughly the same time as cycB FL=55 TT=70. But in hilly time trial cycA HI=85 TT=70 will always be better (significantly) than cycB HI=55 TT=70.

sobrano
tellico wrote:
HI att is important too.FL is replaced by TT

i noticed same thing in my 2006 tests
TT replaces FL

Vinofan
nubbish question but... what does the green bar do exactly? Wink

Lachi
Did you ever read the manual of the game? Cannot be wrong.

Basically: If the bar is empty, your rider is empty. At the start of the race the bar is full. During the stage it will decrease based on the heart rate of the rider (should be explained in this or a similar thread). After the stage it will be refilled based on the recovery stat of the rider.

Delorvallois
Question :

How an empty red / yellow bar affect your speed or ppm ?

Anyone know that and already tested it ?

My experience would make me say, it only affects your speed if you put an effort that need more than 166 / 185 ppm but...I feel some kinds of malus. Specially when the yellow bar is empty, and even with an effort under 166 ppm.

Ideas ?
Edited by Delorvallois on 10-08-2011 13:14

sobrano
Delorvallois wrote:
Question :

How an empty red / yellow bar affect your speed or ppm ?

Anyone know that and already tested it ?

My experience would make me say, it only affects your speed if you put an effort that need more than 166 / 185 ppm but...I feel some kinds of malus. Specially when the yellow bar is empty, and even with an effort under 166 ppm.

Ideas ?

redbar consumption treshold drop down when yellow bar is not full.
for exemple when yellow bar is about 1/3 full , the red bar treshold is not 185ppm but 182ppm, an empty redbar and yellow bar affect the speed too
Edited by sobrano on 10-08-2011 19:46

Delorvallois
Thx for your answer.

In your opinion, what is worst (to maintain your speed) :

An empty yellow bar but still some red bar
An empty red bar but still some yellow bar

I think an empty yellow bar is worst but have no proof of that. I think that when the yellow bar is empty, the red bar is useless.

What do you think ?

*Sorry for my poor english.

sobrano
Delorvallois wrote:
Thx for your answer.

In your opinion, what is worst (to maintain your speed) :

An empty yellow bar but still some red bar
An empty red bar but still some yellow bar

I think an empty yellow bar is worst but have no proof of that. I think that when the yellow bar is empty, the red bar is useless.

What do you think ?

*Sorry for my poor english.

i think an empty yellow bar too, but i suggest you to try it, it is very easy to test...
an empty yellow bar practically implies an empty red bar too

lasseolsen

We have researched how the skills work, but we still need to find out how the fitness points is playing a role.

In another forum i came across a thought that the fitness points should be multiplied with the skill too calculate the riders speed.

For an example:

Rider AA has 68 in plain and a fitness point at 100, and a dayform at -3. When riding plain road his total pace/strength is 68+100+3=171.

Rider BB has 80 in plain and fitness points at 90, and a dayform at -1. When riding plain road his total pace/strength is 80+90-1=169.

So in this case rider AA is faster/stronger then rider BB.

Lachi
If I remember correctly, the fitness and daily form are not factors for the stats. I think they apply to the bar consumption.

I got the information from a programmer but it was long ago and I only remember for sure that the daily form does not change the stats of the riders.

lasseolsen
If your memory is good and the fitness and daily form has nothing to do with the stats, when the calculation of consumption of the bars gets complicated.

The bars consumption then depends on:
1 - the skills
2- the fitness
3- the dayform

The bars affects the pace, as concluded above in the thread.

We can then see that skills works direct and indirect on the riders pace in following way:
Direct as the plain skill affects the pace on plain road.
Indirect as the endurance skill effect the bar consumption and the bar consumption affect the pace.

We still got to answer some questions:
how exactly are the bar consumption effects the pace? There has to bee some kind of a scheme.

And how is the fitness and daily form effecting the bar consumption? there also here has to be some kind of scheme.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Cav's amazing tour
Cav's amazing tour