· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,029
· Newest Member: essentialnaturaloils
View Thread
PCM.daily » Off-Topic » Other sports
 Print Thread
Rugby union
wackojackohighcliffe
If New Zealand choke again this World Cup will be fine by me. Kinda hope England fail so Martin Johnson gets sacked. As ever I will be looking for a victory for the minnows. But really, this World Cup should've been in Japan. IRB are just like the UCI.

Juan
wackojackohighcliffe wrote:
If New Zealand choke again this World Cup will be fine by me. Kinda hope England fail so Martin Johnson gets sacked. As ever I will be looking for a victory for the minnows. But really, this World Cup should've been in Japan. IRB are just like the UCI.

Well, who cares ?
They'll get their WC in 2019, and they should be OK with it Wink
I don't really remember what happened concerning Japan bid, but can't really compare IRB and UCI Wink
heberger-image.fr/data/images/58302_Signature.png

wackojackohighcliffe
Juan wrote:

Well, who cares ?
I don't really remember what happened concerning Japan bid, but can't really compare IRB and UCI Wink

You really can. All international sports associations are the same (as far as I've seen).

Ad Bot
Posted on 21-09-2024 08:55
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Juan
Juan wrote:

Well, who cares ?

You really can. All international sports associations are the same (as far as I've seen).

then IRB is not at the same "level" as FIFA or UCI Wink

SportingNonsense
mb2612 wrote:
I'm South African Grin. I think Ireland lost two weeks ago because the match wasn't that important to them, whereas England needed to win after an embarrassing showing against Wales

I was at that match, https://www.flickr.com/photos/sumofmar...309474343/, and embarassing for England maybe, but it was a great defensive display by Wales.

Should be an interesting tournament. Play well, and Wales will have a chance of beating South Africa - Id certainly be dissapointed if that match isnt at least a close game, play badly, and Wales might go and lose to a Pacific Islands team and get knocked out in the group stage again.
farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/9357923136_f1e68270f3_n.jpg

wackojackohighcliffe
SportingNonsense wrote:
mb2612 wrote:
I'm South African Grin. I think Ireland lost two weeks ago because the match wasn't that important to them, whereas England needed to win after an embarrassing showing against Wales

I was at that match, https://www.flickr.com/photos/sumofmar...309474343/, and embarassing for England maybe, but it was a great defensive display by Wales.

True, but it wasn't a great attacking display by them either.

SportingNonsense
SportingNonsense wrote:
mb2612 wrote:

A mixture or poor attacking and good defense, yes. England do seem to play better with Wilkinson, and Wilkinson wasnt playing then.

wackojackohighcliffe
SportingNonsense wrote:
SportingNonsense wrote:
mb2612 wrote:

A mixture or poor attacking and good defense, yes. England do seem to play better with Wilkinson, and Wilkinson wasnt playing then.

True. I can't wait to see Owen Farrell have a crack at fly-half.

mb2612
I meant England embarrassed themselves. Wales defended really well, and conceded almost no penalties, which is amazing given how far on the back foot they were
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PT/std_zpsb6c2f350.png[url=www.pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=33182]Team Santander Media Thread[/url]i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PT/std_zpsb6c2f350.png

Please assume I am joking unless otherwise stated

Roman
I started to watchich rugby 4 years ago, when I really enjoyed the last WC in France. From that time, I watched only a few matches of Six Nations in a Czech TV. But now, I am really delighted there will be finally almost full live coverage from WC again. I will favour England or Ireland for the win, but hopefully and more importantly I will really enjoy this WC.
It's only such a pity, that rugby is really not in favour sport in Czech Republic, there are almost no teams, no big interest for it - the nearest club from my town is unfortunetely for me as much as 90 km far away..
Manager of Moser - Sygic

valverde321
Currently I have no knowledge of the sport, but its always interested me, so I'll just say, Canada to win the World Cup.

Also I played the Rugby WC 2011 Demo, and its pretty fun.

miggi133
valverde321 wrote:
Currently I have no knowledge of the sport, but its always interested me, so I'll just say, Canada to win the World Cup.

Also I played the Rugby WC 2011 Demo, and its pretty fun.

Haha, thats even more optimistic than me saying Ireland will win it...^^

roturn
All Blacks as expected.
Tonga showed great fight in 2nd half, so will be an interesting game against France for them. Would love to see Tonga in the K.O. stage.

mb2612
roturn wrote:
All Blacks as expected.
Tonga showed great fight in 2nd half, so will be an interesting game against France for them. Would love to see Tonga in the K.O. stage.

Would be nice, but they are the worst of the islanders normally, so I doubt it.
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PT/std_zpsb6c2f350.png[url=www.pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=33182]Team Santander Media Thread[/url]i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PT/std_zpsb6c2f350.png

SportingNonsense
mb2612 wrote:
roturn wrote:
All Blacks as expected.

Theyre actually ranked above Fiji at the moment, Tonga, but I think theyll struggle to beat France.

NZ will probably be dissapointed they didnt win by more, considering their first half performance

Juan
roturn wrote:
All Blacks as expected.

I, unfortunately, can't agree on the second part of this.

miggi133
Wow,
Ireland WAS pretty shit... Even O'Discroll said that we played shite... We are doomed...

mb2612
miggi133 wrote:
Wow,
Ireland WAS pretty shit... Even O'Discroll said that we played shite... We are doomed...

First games of the world cup are always tough, especially in the first half.

I didn't see the game, but they can't have played worse than South Africa

LilParka
SportingNonsense wrote:
mb2612 wrote:
roturn wrote:
All Blacks as expected.

Theyre actually ranked above Fiji at the moment, Tonga, but I think theyll struggle to beat France.

NZ will probably be dissapointed they didnt win by more, considering their first half performance

For some reason the media here is all over the All Blacks, saying how average we played, but after a first half like that it's pretty natural to lapse in the second. Tonga vs France will be an interesting game

wackojackohighcliffe
Some great underdog performances from the likes of Romania and Japan. Shame they're too early to watch live.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Breakaway in the sun
Breakaway in the sun