· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,013
· Newest Member: JasonPaump
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Teams HQ
 Print Thread
[PCT23] Los Pollos Hermanos
jandal7
Have to say I missed the sponsor news - LPH was a cool sponsor but, to echo Fabianski, I hope this is a chance for a new jersey style Pfft

Zepuntke being good enough for him to not do well in Benelux is a big change in the new PCM, been hard to comprehend this season Pfft
24/02/21 - kandesbunzler said “I don't drink famous people."
15/08/22 - SotD said "Your [jandal's] humour is overrated"
11/06/24 - knockout said "Winning is fine I guess. Truth be told this felt completely unimportant."

[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | [PT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
5x i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png x5
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png
2x pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/funniest21.png x2
2x i.imgur.com/TUidkLG.png x2

redordead
Too bad Ruiz couldn't make that attack stick in Betonexpressz, but it was a good effort.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Nemolito
@jandal: I hear you. Shinier, messier, more colours, something radical!
@red: Too bad indeed, but he's given me a sign of life and showed that attacking is possible, so we're happy with that and will try to find out how to further develop that.

Tour of Slovenia (PTHC) - Result
We knew we were never going to score big in Slovenia, but leave the race happy with six points in the bag. Four of those points go to Hollmann for a nice breakaway attempt on stage 1 and being part of the strong TTT performance, which saw him land one day in white. Great experience for the Würth-loanee. Mexican youngster Galvan Ramirez also joined the break a couple of days later and managed to finish seventh in the final KoM.

Tour d'Andorra (C1) - Result
Aular did well in Eritrea recently, and carried on his form to the mountains in Andorra. Two second places and another third place on three mountain top finishes, as well as an okay mountain time trial, lead to the Venezuelan champion finishing third in the GC. For the first time in team history we were able to win the U25 classification as well, as self developed Osorio wrote his name in the LPH history books.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/C1/Andorra/PCM0110.jpg

Osorio in white

www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

Fabianski
Oh, I thought that thread title would have something to do with your new sponsor Pfft
But congrats anyway on that white jersey, always great to get those (although some of my riders tend to throw them out of the window instead Pfft)!
And Aular obviously is doing a tremendous job currently, both in Eritrea and Andorra!

Slovenia was always going to be rough without a "bump-resistant" TTer, and you weren't overly lucky with breakaways, either. Still, a day in white surely was great for Juri Smile

Ezeefreak
First using our rider to score some points and then stealing our white jersey in Andorra. Nothing less expected from the chicken brothers :lol:

Anyway, I am glad Juri is doing decent and can be some help. Also we got compensated in Andorra quite a lot and we have enough of these white shirts hanging around already, so we gladly share with you Grin

Hope the last third of the season will go well for you so you can attack in PT again next year. With new, probably not less eye hurting, colors Grin
i.imgur.com/wu8Njxa.png

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/jerseydesigner-ezee.png

AbhishekLFC
Great results recently and the season is peaking at the perfect time for the smooth return to PT Grin

Nemolito
@Fabianski: Sponsor news will come, just not today Pfft We're indeed very happy with winning white (and wearing it in PTHC Smile )
@Ezee: Thanks for allowing me to take one white jersey from your closet full of them!
@Abhishek: Great peak in July for sure, let's hope there some more peaking to come.

Ranking Update
Just because it was such a good one for us, here's the latest ranking update. We have a nice gap towards the other promotion contenders (still at least nine others), and hope we can keep it up in August. Some of the guys below us with big potential scoring races as well though.

PosLastTeamTotalRDPpRDProj
14pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos288012423.233786
21pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/jur.pngJura GIANTS253511522.043593
33pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/brs.pngBralirwa - Stevens Bikes253412320.63358
49pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/ino.pngIndosat Ooredoo248012819.383159
52pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/fas.pngFastned237011919.923247
1815pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/coc.pngColombini Cycling132410212.982116
Individual rankings
The difference with two years ago is quite big. Then we had two guys in the top-5 individually, currently not one guy in the top-10. The usual suspects still delivering decently though.

PosLastRiderNatTeamTotal
14Sam OomenNEDpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lpu.pngLierse SK - Pizza Ullo PCTeam902
28Joseph AreruyaRWApcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/xr0.pngXero Racing843
37Eddie DunbarIRLpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/ino.pngIndosat Ooredoo774
1110Matti ManninenFINpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos605
1811Sergio HiguitaCOLpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos475
2142Marlen ZmorkaUKRpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos441
2694Orluis AularVENpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos400
4537Ruben ZepuntkeGERpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos281
4672Jasha SütterlinGERpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos277
140153Alejandro OsorioCOLpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos90
169154Luca SterbiniITApcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos65
172165Alain QuispePERpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos63
208210Jose Gerardo UlloaMEXpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos37
224233Jose Pablo Aguilar MendezMEXpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos32
247302Robinson Steven RuizPERpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos26
259267Luis Enrique Lopez NolascoHONpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos24
280244Beka NareklishviliGEOpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos20
348325Fatiu AbolajiNGRpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos10
349357Guillermo Andres BeltranCHLpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos10
355368Juri HollmannGERpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos9
375343Martinos MoutsiosGREpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos7
398436Oscar Samuel Galvan RamirezMEXpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos5
416396Yesid Albeiro PiraCOLpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Micros/lph.pngLos Pollos Hermanos3

cunego59
4 guys with 400+ points is wild, and then 63 from Quispe to push you over the top! I know there's the regional aspect to consider, but in hindsight, losing out on Gaviria in the offseason may have been a blessing in disguise, at least in the short term.

Nothing should stand in the way of re-promotion now, just the question remains of who will join you Smile

Ad Bot
Posted on 20-09-2024 05:40
Bot Agent

IP: None  
redordead
It's rare to see every leader on a team performing well Smile

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

KaiserAdler
No need to call me out like that bro Sad
Loving your season so far, i'm your biggest supporter <3
i.imgur.com/ojg4YRA.png

Flop of the year 2023

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/mgnmoty-adler.png

AbhishekLFC
Los Pollos banking the promotion with this ranking!

Nemolito
Thanks for the kind words, it's indeed good to see all leaders are doing their part for our promotion push, which seems to be getting more and more secure if they keep riding like this. I definitely appreciate the words for Quispe, as he's already having a record season, and he's far from done!

Deutschland Tour (PTHC) - Result
The time trial stage race was certainly a strange one this season. Top favourite Würtz took the win, but on the GC podium with him there were two sprinters. Among them our Flying Finn, Matti Manninen. Although the first three sprint stages were rather terrible, he always stayed in the sprinting group that gained time on the time trialists during these stages. Then he was one of the best sprinters in the time trial, and even won the final stage. This lead to our Finnish sprinter finishing third in GC. Fourth in GC was also a pollo, as Zmorka put in a good time against the clock during the time trial, where he finished second. Sütterlin finished 13th in his home race, Sterbini 26th.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/PTHC/Deutschland/S3/DeutschlandS3_16.png

Zmorka on his way to 2nd in the time trial
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/PTHC/Deutschland/S5/DeutschlandS5_31.png

Manninen winning stage five

redordead
I didn't notice it at the time, but the GC podium had a certain theme to it with a Dane, Norwegian and Finn there Pfft

Nemolito
Tour du Maroc (C1) - Result
This was the last race as a leader this year for Venezuelan national champion Orluis Aular, and he managed to finish sixth in the final GC. The field was tough, so this result is definitely more than okay for us. Special mention here for Mexican champion Jose Gerardo Ulloa who joined the breakaway on the third stage, and managed to finish third on that stage.

Post Danmark Rundt (HC) - Result
After finishing fourth in the GC here in 2021, Marlen Zmorka tried to win the GC this time. It was never going to be easy with better allrounders such as Paillot and Dunbar present. The Ukrainian was luckily able to hold on to them in the hilly stage, as only rider on our team. A great ITT on the final stage then lead towards him winning the Post Danmark Rundt in his final stage race of the year! Sütterlin finished his Los Pollos career with another strong podium spot on the last stage. He's been riding good all season, and we're already looking forward to seeing him shine in other colours next year.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/HC/Denmark/S5/25.jpg

Zmorka clearly enjoying his GC victory

GP Kigali (C1) - Result
A cobbled classic means it was Zepuntke's time to shine, but in a race with many non-cobbled hills that was always going to be hard. 12th in the same time as the seventh rider of the race is therefore an acceptable result, but we did hope to see Ulloa a bit closer to the front.

Ras Tailteann (PTHC) - Result
Sponsor top-5 goal, so Manninen knew what to do. And he did it! He started the race incredibly by winning the first stage, which meant back to back wins for him after winning Deutschland S5 earlier. He then finished ninth and fifth on stages two and three, bringing himself a second place in the final GC and points classification. Alain Quispe once again proved his might by attacking for a couple of km's in the first stage, which in the end was enough for a 17th place in the GC. Living legend.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/PTHC/RasTailteann/PCM0002.jpg

Quispe going for greatness

GP Plouay (C2) - Result
It might 'only' be C2, but this was perhaps the most amazing race in the history of the team. One of the few opportunities a recently maxed out Robinson Steven Ruiz was handed to prove himself, and boy did he grab it with both hands. He was one of the riders making the flat classic in the hilly Plouay region a very hard race for everyone, and in the end was able to win the sprint for the win against McCormick's Naud. A feeling that cannot be replicated or forgotten ever again, because for the first time ever a level one rider we picked up ourself was able to win something big! Hurray for the Peruvian champion!
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/C2/GPP/16.jpg

SIIIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Laurens147
Some great wins this month, especially thrilled for Ruiz Grin
MG - Lotto - Caloi
[MG] New Manager of the Year - PCM.daily Awards 2022

Fabianski
Congrats on an amazing month - now you can admit that you were just playing games with us when you were on some "low scoring" streaks Pfft

Amazing to see a homegrown rider get a big classics win - I almost got that feeling as well, recently, but will have to wait a little longer Wink

Btw, how's the win count of Manninen vs. Zmorka now? I could imagine the latter having the upper hand now with 3 (!!!) GC wins and at least 2 stage wins this year, but haven't kept track of all of Mighty Matti's big moments.

AbhishekLFC
Zmorka Sphmorka Matti Fatty, nothing comes close to a Ruiz win Grin

Congrats on promotion (and 99.9% the title Wink )!

redordead
Awesome to see Ruiz win it. I knew he was gonna get one at some point, such an awesome rouleur Grin

Nemolito
Thank you guys for the nice comments, some weeks later and I'm still thrilled about that Ruiz win! Smile To answer Fabianski, before the races mentioned in this post, Manninen and Zmorka had exactly the same amount of wins during their three seasons as an LPH rider. In a way I thought that would be a great way to end their careers before (possible) going to other teams, but a certain someone thought otherwise.

Riga - Jurmala GP (PTHC) - Result
Final race of the season for our Flying Finn, Matti Manninen. He had some great races this season, and once again did his job by finishing sixth in the bunch sprint. Apart from his good result we were also glad to see our Peruvians Ruiz and Quispe finish 18th and 21st.

Tour of the Battenkill (PTHC) - Result
Final race of the season for our Flying German, Ruben Zepuntke. He had some decent races this season, and once again did his job by finishing eighth in a cobbled race on the highest PCT level possible, even though it was quite hilly. Apart from his good result we were also glad to see our beloved Mexican Jose Gerardo Ulloa finish 20th.

Chrono d'Arenberg (PTHC) - Result
Final race of the season for our Flying Ukrainian, Marlen Zmorka. He basically only had superb races this season, and once again made the other managers jealous by winning a race. One thing is for certain, nobody expected the man in blue and yellow to win it. He had some nice results here in the past, but to actually win a cobbled ITT is something else. After being tied with Manninen for most wins in LPH history, he definitely surprised friend and enemy with this one, being our one and only number one when it comes to wins. Exact number(s) will be mentioned later, when we write our goodbye and advertising posts.
Nareklishvili and his 30th place deserve a mention as well.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/PTHC/Arenberg/PCM0029.jpg

Zmorka crossing the finish line with the fastest time on the day

Milano - Torino (HC) - Result
One guy who is far from being done with racing this season is Sergio Higuita. The Colombian has two races left, and was also our leader in Milano - Torino. Nothing to be done about Areruya and a strong Beltran, but another podium spot by Sergio really shows the training investment in him during the off-season was worth it. Hopefully he can show that during his final two races of the season as well.

Nemolito
Sponsor update
As has been announced earlier, Los Pollos Hermanos will no longer sponsor the team as of the 2024 season. After four amazing years, three promotions and hopefully a division title, CEO Gustavo Fring decided it was best to go out with a bang.

Not everything will change sponsor-wise. Brazilian clothing sponsor
Kirschner will continue sponsoring the team for at least one more season, which will make it the fifth season in a row. The team has had some succesfull Brazilians on the team (Manarelli and Affonso), and management will be looking at possible new Brazilian names to come and join us.

Sponsor talks for the main sponsors are still happening throughout the Americas, but we're happy to be able to announce our first signed partnership for the upcoming season. The Mexican State, Queretaro de Arteaga, Queretaro in short, will be visible on our rider's pants in 2024. Queretaro is one of the 31 Mexican States, located in central Mexico, and its biggest city is also called Queretaro. Team manager Nemolito will be present in Queretaro in two weeks to meet the Queretaro governor and have another look at the infamous 'arcos' of Queretaro,

static.wixstatic.com/media/202e72_b160de21514643bc85ec922af40b047b~mv2.png/v1/fill/w_487,h_172,al_c,q_85,enc_auto/202e72_b160de21514643bc85ec922af40b047b~mv2.png

as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/04/88/05/40/1000_F_488054039_CmPBjcQ4K58ngpeGhNeqsvehA4WZSsAn.jpg

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.