· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,121
· Newest Member: lisamehto
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2014
 Print Thread
PCMdaily DB Stat Discussion
bob7
I wasn't testing this but it's interesting thing. For example, let's take VdB Grin Has he chance to be 12 in Giro with 76MO, 74TT and 76REC ?

Jesleyh
Well reproducing results is not really something that's always possible with stats.

After all, there's other stuff to take into account. For instance the startlist, the form, the luck the rider had(in terms of attacks, crashes of other riders etc.), team tactics and other things like that.

Taking those things into account, yes, I think he could.
But that doesn't mean that in every simulation that's done, he will be exactly 12th Wink

i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

bob7
Sure, I'm aware of this and I'm just curious. When I'm done with studies, then I'll have time to test it.

Forever the Best
@bob Don't forget ton turn off the random fitness
And post the results here

Forever the Best
@Jesleyh What are the big 4's REC stat?Because Contador's REC should still be higher than Froome who usually struggles on the final week
Why is Valv 79 btw?

@Tafiolmo I didn't put them because I thought they were pretty certain at 80.

Ollfardh
VDB needs a drop on MO and Hill, but he does seem to have become a much better time trialer.

And not sure why Aru and Landa suddenly should be above Valverde and Rodriguez. Up until last years Vuelta it was definitely the other way around and I don't think a Giro that didn't feature Valv and Purito should make such a difference?

I think the top needs to go down a bit, Contador wasn't up against any of the big 4 and still struggled on some stages in this Giro. Froome has been very meh so far. Nibali not that convincing either.

82: Contador, Froome, Quintana
81: Nibali
80: Rodriguez, Valverde, Porte, Pinot,
79: Aru, Landa, Peraud, Bardet
78: Uran, Van Garderen, Majka
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Croatia14
Went through the latest database and I think some stats on minor riders should maybe change.
Roger Kluge is on 66 regeneration, he should be updated after his performance on stage 21 at the giro...
Ruben Fernandez is on 72 climbing, he is climbing very well this year and could be updated to 73/74
Primoz Roglic has an amazing year, climbing well on various hilly(68) & mountain(71) races. His hill and especially back-up stats don´t match his strength in comparison to his opponents.
Gregor Mühlberger can climb, as seen at the Course de la Paix lately. 61 MO is way too low for him.
Robert Power seems to be slightly too strong in comparison to international (f.e. Eiking, Mohoric, Pedersen) as well as national (Haig) talents
Klemen Stimulak is not that bad (58 MO) when it comes to climbing, seen at his helping effort at the Tour of Slovenia last year. He should be more like 64 or something like that.
some current international free agents (f.e. Diniz, Wang, the Iranian, Diaz, Moyano) should be boosted in comparison to european (f.e. Facchini, Bekaert)...
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png

nobeer
73 Mountain for Tony Martin is way too low. Did you forgot that he won a mountain stage in last years TdF? And, even more relevant, he also became 4th in the Tour de Suisse with 0(!) helpers, otherwise he would have won it. He should get 75-76, same stats on hills.
Edited by nobeer on 12-06-2015 12:54

Ad Bot
Posted on 30-09-2024 06:27
Bot Agent

IP: None  
sgdanny
nobeer wrote:
73 Mountain for Tony Martin is way too low. Did you forgot that he won a mountain stage in last years TdF? And, even more relevant, he also became 4th in the Tour de Suisse with 0(!) helpers, otherwise he would have won it. He should get 75-76, same stats on hills.

76 would put him on level with VdB and turn him into a Stage Racer, which both is quite wrong. Usually we say that a rider can dominate set category at 74+ and looking at Suisse, which btw is where top riders are in perfect shape because of TdF. So my conclusion is that he might be able to get 74 MO, but higher would make the game turn him into something he is not.
i.imgur.com/pyvc2uc.png

roturn
Though he got 4th in the TdS due to his great time trialing. In the climbs he finished outside of top10 and 2min down on not even the strongest climbers.
It was Frank, Morabito, Mollema, Kreuziger as top climbers.

Sure he had no support really. But 76 would be too much.

nobeer
75 MO and 76 Hills would be fair. The results mentioned above justify this. And note, that he mostly does helping jobs for Kwiatkowski in almost every major race. Image him to be the captain. He did not win Paris Nice 2011 by luck. He has the potential to be a stage racer.

Ian Butler
And how about Benoot's stats? Not easy to decide...

Alakagom
Not that hard, obviously due to his result at Ronde cobble will still be his best stat, but finally he's got enough hilly results for that to go up, which is still his best specialty or will be in future for sure. Obviously his flat and back up stats are very solid because he's already a beast. Sprint and Moutain around 71/72 for now.
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

Ian Butler
Sounds reasonable. Really excited about his development, though.
(not on PCM, in real life) Wink

Back-up stats indeed more than solid. At this age 5th in RVV and doing this in the Dauphiné and whatnot, you have stamina, resistance and recuperation to spare.

Alakagom
Yes his biggest concern at the moment is becoming too allround and not specializing. He still is yet to take a win in 2 years now.

However Lotto is doing good job on him, in his 1st year there is no need to specialize yet, he'll just figure out his best terrain and then slowly put more progess on that, really he's made to be classics/hilly rider, and then maybe in future turning into GC contender. But we'll just have to watch and see.

I made a tweet he's going be next Gilbert last year so I am definitely standing up by him becoming hilly/classic rider for sure Pfft
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

Ollfardh
Note: fanboy post

Flat 76
Cobb 76
Sta 76
Res 74
Hill 75
Mo 73
Spr 72
Acc 75

Also, please change his name in the DB to Tiesj F*cking Benoot
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Ian Butler
Haha I can see your interest there Pfft

Well, I really hope he can develop towards cobbled classics as well as Ardennes work (if that's still possible today).
But I'd hate to see him ruined because they (media, teams, sponsors...) want to turn him into a Tour de France winner like they try to do with every talented cyclist.

Hope he's smart enough to choose the right thing.
The next Gilbert would be cool, albeit with better results in the cobbled races Grin

Jesleyh
Hmm, those are very useful suggestions, easy to miss, thanks Croatia14.

Although unsure about the international free agents, don't think riders like Wang or Diaz should be upped, simply not strong enough. Poorseyedigoulakhour is a maybe though Pfft
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Paul23
nobeer wrote:

This is my man. But for real now. 74 MO max. HI 75 imo.
Edited by Paul23 on 12-06-2015 16:55
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

Jesleyh
@Tony Martin topic

Nah. Grin
Tony Martin will already get a huge boost from his backup stats in climbs anyway, don't forget. He has 15 flat higher than the average climber on his level and about 8 RES more, and also some more STA.
He'll get a huge boost even in mountainous and hilly stages with that, recovering on the flat and just having ''endless'' energy bars Grin

He will definitely feel like the average 75MO/76HI guy in climbs in game already I suppose, considering those stats Pfft

Oh and ''potential to be a stage-racer'' is meh. They said Sagan had potential to be a stage-racer as well, should we make him 77MO now in case he will focus on that? Nah rather wait until Martin pulls off some serious mountain results.

@Ollfardh
Not even too far off Pfft

His ''mountain stage'' TdF win wasn't really a mountain stage anyway, looking at the profile and result. Beside, it depends on the situation, but winning from the break doesn't always mean an upgrade anyway.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Pavel Padrnos
Pavel Padrnos