· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2013
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
Tafiolmo
toon83 wrote:
Does anyone have a full stat update on Wout Poels?
I believe he deserves an upgrade but am not sure what he should be upgraded to.

In the main stats I have him like this

Mtn 76
Hill 75
TT 72
Pro 69
Rec 68 (which does seem low)
Acc 75

toon83
Do Michael Valgren (after his danish national championship), Pete Kennaugh (after his british championship), and estaban chaves (after his excellent season), all deserve stat upgrades?

and if so, what to upgrade?

Cossack
I don't see Kennaugh needing an upgrade, in last years he was pretty close in NCs and this year he didn't achieve anything really special that he couldn't achieve with his current stats.

Tafiolmo
toon83 wrote:
Do Michael Valgren (after his danish national championship), Pete Kennaugh (after his british championship), and estaban chaves (after his excellent season), all deserve stat upgrades?

and if so, what to upgrade?

Peter Kennaugh only won the British NC's and all sorts of riders outside the top rank win NC's as well. Peter Kennaugh's stats though are very good in general and don't need to be changed.

jacobjc88
Tafiolmo wrote:
toon83 wrote:
Does anyone have a full stat update on Wout Poels?
I believe he deserves an upgrade but am not sure what he should be upgraded to.

In the main stats I have him like this

Mtn 76
Hill 75
TT 72
Pro 69
Rec 68 (which does seem low)
Acc 75

Well Poels do have some often days quite often
Present:
Tinkoff-Saxo - AG2R - Colombian riders

Past:
Francisco Mancebo - Illes balears - Carlos Sastre - Kelme - Robbie McEwen

sgdanny
Hi

I know this isn't the right place to ask this, but it's related to Stat Discussions. Do anyone have stats for EPM - UNE and Movistar Team Ecuador ?
i.imgur.com/pyvc2uc.png

Jorge14
90SP 90ACC to KittelCool?

totto
What about Nibali's cobble stat considering yesterday's stage? (and considering game balance and season planning AI)

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 06:31
Bot Agent

IP: None  
dark_x2012
Nibali 71-72 cobbles at least
Baring in mind Froome once again proved he's the weakest bike handler of all time no more than 55 on cobbles. The rest I think are fine.
Edited by dark_x2012 on 10-07-2014 16:52

Tafiolmo
But he didn't even ride on any cobbles and crashed before the first pave stage.

dark_x2012
Tafiolmo wrote:

Exactly he has fallen even before them, because of awful bike handling skills what remains on them.Rolling Eyes

Tafiolmo
dark_x2012 wrote:
Tafiolmo wrote:

Exactly he has fallen even before them, because of awful bike handling skills what remains on them.Rolling Eyes

So why give him 55 on cobbles when he hasn't even ridden over them!!!

Ollfardh
I find it hard to imagine Froome taking cobbles well, seeing his general bikehandling Pfft

To be honest, I was more impressed by Fuglsang then by Nibali on the cobbles. He can go 1-2 points above Nibali imo.
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Tafiolmo
Ollfardh wrote:
I find it hard to imagine Froome taking cobbles well, seeing his general bikehandling Pfft

To be honest, I was more impressed by Fuglsang then by Nibali on the cobbles. He can go 1-2 points above Nibali imo.

Yes but it's guesswork as he didn't ride them and he had a bad wrist as well. The only thing we do know though is that Nibali is much better over cobbles than Contador from the big GC contenders.

dark_x2012
Tafiolmo wrote:
Ollfardh wrote:

Yes but it's guesswork as he didn't ride them and he had a bad wrist as well. The only thing we do know though is that Nibali is much better over cobbles than Contador from the big GC contenders.

Only from Contador Rolling Eyes. Also answer me a question. What does it take to be a good rider on cobbles? When you understand the answer is bike handling write back.

Tafiolmo
dark_x2012 wrote:
Tafiolmo wrote:
Ollfardh wrote:

Only from Contador Rolling Eyes. Also answer me a question. What does it take to be a good rider on cobbles? When you understand the answer is bike handling write back.

Very easy answer really and I'm surprised that you don't know it, so I'll help you out.

Years of experience practicing on cobbles in all conditions, something that the big GC riders don't have. But if they focus for one specific event like Wiggins did at the PR this year or as Nibali has done for this stage then they can produce something. Contador we saw wasn't able to and as for a fully fit Chris Froome we still don't know.

So when you grasp these facts, feel free to answer back laddy

dark_x2012
Tafiolmo wrote:

Very easy answer really and I'm surprised that you don't know it, so I'll help you out.

Years of experience practicing on cobbles in all conditions, something that the big GC riders don't have. But if they focus for one specific event like Wiggins did at the PR this year or as Nibali has done for this stage then they can produce something. Contador we saw wasn't able to and as for a fully fit Chris Froome we still don't know.

So when you grasp these facts, feel free to answer back laddy.

I meant what talent do you need. A fully fit Froome still doesn't have what it takes to handle his bike properly on cobbles.

Ollfardh
So Tafiolmo, what would you suggest for a rider who 1) has no experience 2) has no results 3) doesn't seem capable of it because of other factors? Surely not higher than 60?

Maybe not just Froome, but let's say Tom Van Asbroeck wants to conquer Alpe d'Huez. He has no experience, no results and he's doesn't give the impression of being a good climber. It's hard to rate him over 60 mountain, is it not?
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Tafiolmo
dark_x2012 wrote:
[quote]Tafiolmo wrote:
I meant what talent do you need. A fully fit Froome still doesn't have what it takes to handle his bike properly on cobbles.

Speaking with the PCMdaily stats for cobbles. Nibali, Contador and Froome all have around 62/63 on cobbles which means that they're pretty poor on cobbles. It's clear that Nibali needs an improvement to around 71/72 for example, but there's no need to put Froome down to 55 especially when 1) he didn't ride the cobbles 2) 62/63 is a poor level anyway and 3) Contador's ride warrants a 62/63 stat anyway and there's no indication that a fully fit Froome would've performed worse than Contador.

Tafiolmo
Ollfardh wrote:
So Tafiolmo, what would you suggest for a rider who 1) has no experience 2) has no results 3) doesn't seem capable of it because of other factors? Surely not higher than 60?

Maybe not just Froome, but let's say Tom Van Asbroeck wants to conquer Alpe d'Huez. He has no experience, no results and he's doesn't give the impression of being a good climber. It's hard to rate him over 60 mountain, is it not?

Froome has 62/63 and that sounds good to me, as we have no indicators that this should be raised or lowered and probably never will do, as I imagine he has no plans to tackle the cobbles in the near future.

The Van Ashbroek example is repeating more or less what I've been saying from the beginning. You can't lower a rider as in Froome's case, if he didn't actually ride the cobbles in question and as said his low stat is adequate as it is.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Roman villa, Giro13
Roman villa, Giro13