· Total Members: 161,013
· Newest Member: JasonPaump
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Teams HQ
 Print Thread
[PCT23] Los Pollos Hermanos
Nemolito
Tour of Guadeloupe (C1) - Result
First of all, a sprinters race. After winning our home race in Juarez, all eyes were on Manninen for another top result. He started of very strongly by finishing second in the first stage, but couldn't do better in the following three stages. In the end the flying Finn finished just outside the top-5, which is still a respectable result. Loanee Moutsios scored the first points in his pro career by scoring points in the KoM- and U25-classifications after successfully joining the breakaway on stage two.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/C1/Guadeloupe/mg23_guadeloupe_02_PCM0637.jpg

Moutsios in the breakaway on stage 2

Strade Bianche (HC) - Result
Second hilly classic of the year for our Colombian chouchou Higuita then, although we can say with certainty that he prefers the Italian gravel over Portuguese cobbles. Nothing could be done against his former teammate Areruya, but with a fourth place we can definitely say Higuita did quite well in Italy. As he apparently loves the country a lot, some of his teammates have now named him Higuitaly.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/HC/StradeBianche/PCM0002.jpg

Beautiful sights in Italy

Tour of South Africa (HC) - Result
More Higuita screentime in South Africa then, where the first four stages were not amazing for us. Being beaten by the legendary Demare on three easy finishes was logical, but Higuita losing almost four minutes in the team time trial was pure disaster. The Colombian made up for it with two stunning stage wins in a row, resulting in a final GC just outside of the top-10. Osorio and Lopez Nolasco ensured some depth points.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/HC/SouthAfrica/S6/S06_65.png

Higuita winning his second stage in a row

Lillestrom GP (C1) - Result
Nevertheless, the man you're all here for, the Pollos superstar, nobody else than Ruben Zepuntke, also raced recently. He went looking for a good result in Norway and returned him with an okay ninth place. For a while it even looked like he was going to be able to challenge for the podium, but in the end he decided the most polite thing to do was let Theuns win the race, like almost every race he enters. Zepuntke is love, Zepuntke is life.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/C1/Lillestrom/PCM0015.jpg

Ruben on the move

www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

cunego59
Nothing crazy (though two consecutive stage wins is pretty neat), but very consistent scoring, a phenomenal new nickname and Zepuntke love - solid stretch, I'd say!

Fabianski
Indeed, I guess it was a rock solid month, without any outstanding results - but your team clearly has the potential of doing 10 rock solid months, which will easily be enough for promotion. Especially with the ITT-heavy stage races yet to come, which should be the main strength of this overall strong team, so no reason to worry I guess.
Thanks for letting me lead the rankings for one month, after poland, the hills and the sprints you'll probably be miles ahead again Wink

AbhishekLFC
Los Pollos can do no wrong at the moment, but we already knew that at the start of the season Wink Some great results this month to keep the momentum going!

Also, Higuitalia??

redordead
Higuita is doing really well. I'm looking forward to seeing him in what should be on paper his better races like Pologne etc.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Nemolito
Los Pollos Hermanos to retire from world of cycling
Los Pollos Hermanos is currently sponsoring the Los Pollos team for the fourth season in a row, but have now made clear they will not continue to do so as of the 2024 season. Manager Nemolito is saddened by this news, but tries to stay positive: "We've had some great years, with ups and downs. It's not fun to realize that this Valentine will be the last one Los Pollos and I are together, but it is what it is. We will try to make the most out of the rest of this season to honour our founding sponsor, and hope we can say farewell to them with promotion to PT. I guess it's time to start talking with other sponsors now, hopefully we can quickly find someone to keep funding this Mexican team."

Best results of past months
As has been noticed with the amazing Fabianski PCT ranking updates, Los Pollos have been going through two mediocre months now. Nevertheless, there were still some decent results we would like to share with our fans. First of all we have to applaud Higuita, who remains consistent. First he scored a fourth place at the C1 Badaling International, after which he finished ninth in the HC Tour of Pologne.

Zepuntke also keeps doing what he was bought for. Decent fifth place from him in the C1 classic in Dunkerque, whereas Manninen also scored a top-10 in a C1 classic with his eighth place in home race Hanko.

Although the Tour of Norway was also quite disappointing for our team, Zmorka did show he's still a great time trialist by winning the third stage, a flat time trial. Let's hope our results start improving now!
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/HC/Norway/S3/NorwayS3_52.png

Zmorka is Zmorka, also in Norway

Edited by Nemolito on 14-02-2024 12:40

Fabianski
Sad
Sad to see LPH go, but I'm sure you'll find a great new sponsor Smile And if you get new jerseys by the same occasion, I might not even be that unhappy Pfft

Hoping you'll get some nicer results this month. Aular shouldn't be too bad in Dauphiné, and everything else than a Zmorka win in Amissa Bongo will be disappointing. Manninen might also do well in Frankfurt, given that the tougher sprint races seem to favour the top sprinters more than the pan-flat ones in this version. Good luck - but please leave some points for me in Gabon Pfft

Ollfardh
I hope the sponsor is ok. I met the owner a few years ago, totaly a nice guy. Wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty either.
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

kandesbunzler26
Curious too see the new sponsor (and avatar).

Fabianski wrote:
And if you get new jerseys by the same occasion, I might not even be that unhappy Pfft

How about Benetton instead? You could at least keep the colour scheme Wink

i.imgur.com/MdQWUzC.jpeg

i.imgur.com/77VDWQo.jpeg

i.ibb.co/PC3Kfz9/Signature2020.pngi.ibb.co/Hpc4z3S/FINALUSER.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/mostimproved-bk26.png

AbhishekLFC
Los Pollos was a great sponsor but I'm also looking forward to the direction you take the team in the future. Will keep an eye out for that announcement.

Not a bad series of results in the month, despite it now being outstanding. Norway the only disappointment GC-wise, but 9th being the worst result in the other four races is being very consistent. Hopefully things get even better and you can rise back up the rankings to challenge for the top spot Smile

Ad Bot
Posted on 20-09-2024 05:20
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Nemolito
@Fab: The worst part for us is not saying goodbye to the name and legacy, but to this jersey. We will do our best to find a colourful latin sponsor again, and make sure everybody can keep enjoying jerseys like our current one. A shame kandesbunzler's suggestion is not Latin American, or we'd already have found our new sponsor!
@Ollfardh: Once met the owner as well, when he was visiting an old friend in a nursing home. His mind was blown when I told him about the ManGame.
@Abhishek: Los Pollos has had some great moments supporting and dealing with Philips and Sony, and I'm certain our future sponsor will want to keep that tradition alive Smile

Pro Hallstatt Classic (HC) - Result
The only real mountain classic for us this year, as we sent both Aular and Higuita to Austria, hoping for a good result. The Venezuelan didn't have his best day so decided to work for the Colombian, who once again proved his worth for us. Fastned's Olivier was simply too strong, but with a good finish it was Higuita who was the best of the rest. Finally a good result again for the team, which is nice. Aular finished in 22nd, whereas Zepuntke meanwhile finished 11th in the PTHC two day stage race Franceville Classique in Gabon.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/HC/Hallstatt/PCM0012.jpg

Higuita crossing the finish line in second place

Nemolito
La Tropicale Amissa Bongo (C1) - Result
Hallstatt was our first good race in a while, but La Tropicale Amissa Bongo in Gabon was simply phenomenal. Zmorka did well by winning the opening prologue, after which the team contributed to keeping the peloton together in the following sprint stages. Although the Ukrainian did what we hoped by winning the GC after a good time trial performance in the fifth stage, consolidating our first sponsor goal, we have to praise some other riders as well. First of all there is Sütterlin. The German went to Gabon with us hoping he would finish inside the top-5, but with a stellar performance and his first win for LPH in the time trial he managed to be Zmorka's runner up in the final GC. Sterbini also did wonderful, by finishing seventh in the final GC. With our worst rider in 53rd and also winning the teams classification, plus also picking up points in the green and U25 competition, we can only say this race has been the best of our season, perhaps history. Seems like the news of Los Pollos Hermanos quitting to sponsor the team has motivated the riders to prove themselves to a future sponsor. Or perhaps even other teams, as rumours have it the Mexican outfit will really become Latin American-only this transfer season.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/C1/Tropicale/S5/TropicaleS5_15.png

German time trial champion Sütterling on his way to win stage 5

redordead
The ITT masters have returned Cool

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Fabianski
Simply the best! There's no way past Zmorka in those ITT GC races, and I guess Arab Tour will be no different. Definitely a great bounce-back after two meh months - and now let's see what Aular can do in Dauphiné Smile

Ezeefreak
Great Success for you. Your TT's dont disappoint at any time. So it gets more and more likely we will see a lot of them then in new colors on the highest stage again?
I hope you have a good shirt designer on your hand so they can stand out in the peloton again with the new sponsor ????
i.imgur.com/wu8Njxa.png

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/jerseydesigner-ezee.png

AbhishekLFC
Ga-domination!

Nemolito
@Fab, red, Abhi: Feels good to be back on track Pfft
@Ezee: I sure hope I can find a good shirt designer, already have my eyes on someone Grin

Frankfurt - Eschborn (C1) - Result
Hoped for at least a top-5 in the 'flat' German classic, and that's what we got thanks to Manninen sprinting to a fifth place. Nobody else finishing in the points, had hoped for a bit better by Ruiz.

Monterrey TTT (C2) - Result
Racing at home always hits different, definitely when you see your youngsters get a good result. Sixth in the Monterrey TTT is nothing to be ashamed of. Great result by Aguilar Mendez and the boys.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/C2/MTTT/2.jpg

Los Pollos enjoying the Mexican sun

Torshavn GP (C1) - Result
An other opportunity for Manninen to shine, but it was Lampre who was shining for the second classic in a row. Sixth place in the end for our flying Finn, with no depth result.

Arab Tour (HC) - Result
Speaking about depth and shining, we got both in in the Arab Tour! Zmorka won stage three and the GC, Sütterlin finished second in the time trial and fourth in the GC, and the inevitable Quispe even scored points with a top-50 in GC. Effin legend.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/HC/Arab/ATS4%2019.jpg

Yellow looks good on him

Dauphine Libere (PTHC) - Result
Decent result for us in PTHC then, as Venezuelan champion Aular finished seventh in the GC and scored some nice points that way. Youngster Osorio was our second best rider in 27th, whereas Sütterlin and Quispe also scored some stage and KoM-points.

Tour of Eritrea (C1) - Result
Manninen started the Tour well with a second place on the first stage, after which an attacking Higuita performed a bit disappointing on stage two. All in all we left the race quite content, when Aular finished second on the final (queen) stage, which was rewarded with a fourth place in the final GC.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/C1/Eritrea/S3/EritreaS3_36.png

Aular attacking in Eritrea

Philadelphia International Championship (PTHC) - Result
Fourth top-10 in a row for Manninen in the overview today, after he finished eighth in the flat US classic. Nice to see Ruiz and Quispe score some depth points as well this time.

Nemolito
Benelux Challenge (HC) - Result
We were scared to expect a lot of this race, and we were right to be scared. Zepuntke did great on the cobbled stages with two third places, but was already minutes behind in GC after even getting dropped on a flat stage. Ulloa proudly showed his Mexican jersey in the break on stages three and six, which was nice to see. Sterbini also contributed to our points total with a top-8 during the prologue.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/HC/Benelux/S4/22.jpg

Zepuntke finishing on the podium on stage 4

Paris - Tours (C1) - Result
Another flat classic, so another possibility for Manninen to shine. He sprinted to an anonymous eighth place, with nobody else on the scoring board for us.

Betonexpressz GP (C2) - Result
Went to Hungary for a race with a tough name in our second C2 flat classic of the season. No sprinter there, so all of our hope on a late attack from Peruvian champion Ruiz. The man delivered, which brought joy to the hearts of all LPH fans. The attack didn't stick, but we still got a 12th place out of it.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/C2/Beton/14.jpg

Ruiz showing the Peruvian jersey with his late attack

Fabianski
Weird (and a pity) to see Zepuntke not caring at all about the Benelux GC, but good to see that he at least delivered on the cobbles Smile

Manninen really got downgraded in the current PCM version, with the previous ones liking him much more. Hopefully he saved some good results for the end of the year!

Nemolito
Fabianski wrote:

Weird (and a pity) to see Zepuntke not caring at all about the Benelux GC, but good to see that he at least delivered on the cobbles Smile

Manninen really got downgraded in the current PCM version, with the previous ones liking him much more. Hopefully he saved some good results for the end of the year!

A pity for sure what happened to/with Zepuntke, but it was somehow expected/calculated before the race started, he's just more of a Roubaix kind of guy Smile

Manninen's performing a bit less than what we're used to, but it's also his merit that we're used to his greatness. All in all he did won HC Juarez as well this season, has many top-5's in classics and is still around that top-10 in the individual ranking with some nice scoring opportunities to come.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.