· Total Members: 161,032
· Newest Member: dimbiloid
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Teams HQ
 Print Thread
[PCT '23] Sony - Force India
AbhishekLFC
Nemolito wrote:
Except for C2 we meet everywhere, and I'm looking forward to it! Little bit less looking forward to racing against Benoot in Viana, but maybe we can find some kind of agreement there to try and drop the others on the climb. I'll very gladly settle for second then.

C2 is where the real action happens though Pfft

Wouldn't mind a Benoot Higuita 1-2 for sure!!

AbhishekLFC
i.imgur.com/aemBFg3.jpg

February Review

Omloop Het Nieuwsblad
Out cobbles season started with Ringheim, the Kuroedas and Havik leading the line for us. We stayed out of the limelight in the early stages. Ringheim stayed with the lead group till suffering a puncture in the closing stages. He did make it back to the pack. He missed the final move of three riders who went on the compete for the win. He finished in the second group and claimed 6th. Shiki and Saya Kuroeda were 18th and 19th respectively, with Havik in 24th.

Viana do Castelo
Benoot went to Viana on the same with hopes of improving on last year's 5th place. First Tratnik and then Kozhatayev did excellent work in chasing and then setting the pace at the front of the pack. There were attacks from a long way out which were allowed to get. Then Benoot got going, and slowly but surely made his way to the the front. He then made the decisive move with just over 10 km to go, dropping everyone else and cruising to the win!

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/C1/Viana/50.jpg

Kozhatayev was rewarded for his efforts with 18th.

Le Samyn
Hayter joined the break in the rain.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/HC/Samyn/04.jpg

We didn't have to work a lot as a result. We had three riders join the lead group when the attacks began. Seven riders then created a gap to the rest of the pack, including Ringheim. Ringheim was able to follow the decisve attack by Theuns, and although he couldn't catch the former, he was able to hold on for 2nd, ahead of the chasing group! A fantastic result for us.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/HC/Samyn/18.jpg

Shiki Kuroeda finished in 28th.

Volta a Catalunya
We had an eventful race with Hayter, Mick Van Dijke, Leemreize and Shirota joining breaks on different stages. This though meant that none of them could pick up enough points to score in the KOM classification. Shirota finished in 8th on Stage 6. Leemreize was the best finisher in the GC at 17th, with Goh in 25th. Leemreize was 2nd in the U25 standings with Hayter in 3rd and Mick Van Dijke in 7th.

Circulo de Juarez
This was a very disappointing race for us with Vesely finishing 6th on Stage 3 and 10th on Stage 5, and those were the only results of note for us. He finished 16th in the GC. This was another sprint race which didn't go our way.

Kuurne - Bruxelles - Kuurne
Van Dijke joined the break.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/C1/KBK/PCM0002.jpg

Shiki Kuroeda tried an attack from long range with Van Dijke still in the break till late. The former's move didn't work out in the end and he paid for his efforts bu getting dropped. Ringheim missed the decisive move of three riders but stayed in the chase group. He would pick up another 6th place finish. Saya Kuroeda finished 21st.

Cobbles went excellently well for us this month but the other two races were not much to write hme about. The main concerning part is the woeful sprint results we've had so far in DUC and now in Juarez. We hope it changes in the future. Overall though, the results from the cobbles unit does make this a mostly successful month for us.

redordead
Awesome to see some success on the best terrain, cobbles! Grin

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

AbhishekLFC
@redordead: They're my favourite terrain too, so I'm happy for sure!

Nemolito
Some great results for the team. Was glad to see that Benoot demonstration in Portugal from close, and also nice to see Ringheim performing magnificently in Kuurne and Samyn. Some great young action in Catalunya as well for sure, with Hayter already scoring a U25 podium place Smile

Shame that Juarez went like it did. Hoping that Vesely can find his TDU legs again soon!
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

AbhishekLFC
i.imgur.com/dfPigTa.jpg

March Preview

Vuelta a Colombia
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/mg_colombia.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Ki Ho Choi Leader
Giovanni Carboni Super Domestique
Bakhtiyar Kozhatayev Domestique
Gijs Leemreize Domestique
Yamato Shirota Domestique
Muhamma Afif Ahmad Zamri Domestique
Piotr Havik Domestique
Victor Alejandro Ocampo Domestique
Tactics
Choi starts his season in Colombia. He finished 5th here last and we'll be hoping he can repeat or come close to that again. We have a full support staff here, and have high decently high hopes of doing well here. This is our first goal race of the season and we do believe it is a feasible goal.
Expectation: Top 10 (Top 10 Goal)
Watch Out For: Ki Ho Choi

Tour of Guadeloupe
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/mg_guadeloupe.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Daniel Vesely Leader
Jo Kogstad Ringheim Leadout
Saya Kuroeda Leadout
Shiki Kuroeda Leadout
Piotr Havik Leadout
Marten Kooistra Leadout
Tim Van Dijke Domestique
Esow Alben Domestique
Tactics
We go to Guadeloupe with Vesely looking to redeem himself after a poor Juarez. Our best possible flat support team is here along with him, and we hope that makes a difference and does not leave him fending for himself again in the closing kilometers of the stages again.
Expectation: Top 10
Watch Out For: Daniel Vesely

Strade Bianche
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/mg_stradeb.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Tiesj Benoot Leader
Jan Tratnik Domestique
Choon Huat Goh Domestique
Mick Van Dijke Domestique
Victor Alejandro Ocampo Domestique
Leo Hayter Domestique
Tactics
Benoot is 1 for 1 so far this season, and we hope he can compete for the podium at the minimum in this race. We have sent a strong support team, with a mix of puncher and climber skills along, and hope that helps put him into a good position before the finish.
Expectation: Top 5
Watch Out For: Tiesj Benoot

Tour of South Africa
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/t1_southafrica.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Tiesj Benoot Leader
Bob Jungels Time Trialist
Jan Tratnik Domestique
Victor Alejandro Ocampo Time Trialist
Tactics
The TTT in this race does not make it a very suitable one for us, but we're taking a chance hoping that Benoot can make some separation in the hilly stages and make up for whatever we lose on Stage 4. Our TTT is slightly better than last season, so hopefully the result will also be.
Expectation: Top 15

Lillestrom GP
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/mg_lillestrom.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Jo Kogstad Ringheim Leader
Saya Kuroeda Co-Leader
Shiki Kuroeda Co-Leader
Piotr Havik Domestique
Marten Kooistra Domestique
Tim Van Dijke Domestique
Esow Alben Domestique
Tactics
Ringheim has started the season very well and we're looking forward to that contuining in this, our only cobbles race in March. The Kuroedas and Havik should provide able support, and we do have a full startlist for a cobbles race this time.
Watch Out For: Jo Kogstad Ringheim

February was a good month for us. We hope the trend can continue in March with our two big guns Benoot and Choi leading in 3 of the 5 races we have this month. We do expect to be in contention and in the limelight in all of the races.

Nemolito wrote:
Some great results for the team. Was glad to see that Benoot demonstration in Portugal from close, and also nice to see Ringheim performing magnificently in Kuurne and Samyn. Some great young action in Catalunya as well for sure, with Hayter already scoring a U25 podium place Smile

Shame that Juarez went like it did. Hoping that Vesely can find his TDU legs again soon!

Yeah things went well except for Juarez. Vesely did bounce back from the DUC result with a good outing in TDU, and am hoping that trend will happen again in Guadeloupe.

Fabianski
Looks like a strong month ahead for you, at least if Vesely can bounce back from the Mexican no-show. Choi would obviously prefer some TT kilomters in Colombia, but a Top 10 definitely sounds realistic. Benoot in Strade should be another fun race to follow for you, and your cobblers have been doing amazing stuff so far, so Ringheim will be looking forward to the end of the month.
Sending Benoot to South Africa might be a bit of a gamble indeed, but he does have the skills to gain back some lost TTT time (if we don't have big group finishes on every stage). Although I'd prefer him to not be THAT strong, please, having a Top 5 goal there Pfft

AbhishekLFC
@Fab: Hey, there's five places for a Top 5, enough room for both of ours to squeeze in Pfft

Hopefully you are right and we do live up to the billing. Probably won't, but one can always hope!

AbhishekLFC
i.imgur.com/aemBFg3.jpg

March Review

Vuelta a Colombia
Stage 1 and 4 were flat and we did not have sprinters, so we didn't do anything on those.

Choi started off very well, finishing 4th on both Stage 2 and 3, staying in 4th in the GC as well. Leemreize joined the break on Stage 3 and picked up some KOM points.

Stage 5 saw the breakaway surviving and Choi lost one GC spot to the stage winner.

Stage 6 saw no time gaps for Choi and he ended up 5th in the GC. Shirota did join the break on this stage but couldn't hang on till the end.

Kozhatayev finished 34th in the GC, Leemreize 37th, Ahmad Zamri 55th, Shirota 60th and Carboni 63rd. Leemreize finished 6th in the KOM and 3rd in U25s. We finished 5th in the Teams classification. Choi's placing ensured that we secured the first Goal of our season.

Tour of Guadeloupe
Stage 1 wasn't great with Vesely only managing 19th. Saya did make the cut of 22 riders with a gap to the peloton along with his team leader.

Saya Kuroeda was the stronger sprinter for us on Stage 2, finishing 8th, ahead of Vesely. Both once again made the split ahead of the peloton.

Havik joined the break on Stage 3 and moved himself into 3rd in the KOM. Vesely finally showed himself on the slightly uphill finish. He launched early and was in the lead till the dying moments, where he was passed and ended up 3rd.

Vesely finished 9th in the sprint of Stage 4. He ended up 9th in the GC on the back of one good stage. Saya Kuroeda was 14th. Havik was 26th. Havik finished 3rd in the KOM. Vesely finished 9th in the Points. We finished a surprising 2nd in the Teams standings.

Strade Bianche
We had very hig expectations from this race but Benoot was very quiet all through and only managed a disappointing 14th.

Tour of South Africa
The first three stages were not hilly enough for Benoot. He did take 10th on Stage 2.

The Team lost over a minute on Stage 4 in the TTT but they also lost Benoot en-route, who ended up losing more than 7 minutes, and with that our chances of a good GC placing.

Benoot finished 6th on Stage 5 but couldn't make up much time.

He couldn't do anything on Stage 6. Kozhatayev was the best placed GC finisher in 18th. Ahmad Zamri was 37th, Benoot 38th and Van Dijke 49th.

Lillestrom GP
The cobbles team continued their solid season with Ringheim staying with the lead group throughout and getting 7th from the sprint. Saya Kuroeda finished 19th.

We got what we hoped for from the mountains and cobbles but the sprints were iffy once again, and the hills were absolutely terrible for us this month. Hopefully that changes in the next races as we expect Benoot to be very important to our hopes of a good season again. Choi starting off well is a good sign, and we hope Vesely can keep moving upwards after an improvement in Guadeloupe from the almost no show in Juarez.

Fabianski
Agree that Benoot was disappointing this month. Especially in Strade Bianche, no clue what was missing there for him to succeed.
In South Africa, I honestly didn't expect him to get a good GC result because of his (lack of) TT skills, given the previous TTTs with dropped riders everywhere this year, but he could still have scored some more positive stage results.

On the other hand, Choi did a good job in Colombia, unlucky to lose a spot to a breakaway rider, but he looks to be rock solid again this year. He'll score good points for you, I'm pretty sure. Also, Vesely somewhat woke up in Guadeloupe, let's hope he'll get some more consistency and he should be a good signing as well.
But your best performers - at least compared to their stats - are the cobblers, and more precisely Ringheim - he just performs in every race. Great signing for the flatter cobbles - and I guess Benoot will still be there for the tougher ones Wink

Good luck for the next couple of races, with Pologne potentially being a big one for Benoot!

Ad Bot
Posted on 21-09-2024 12:46
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Nemolito
An okay result for Choi and continuing good racing from Ringheim, but Vesely and definitely Benoot disappointed in March. As Fab said, Pologne could be a very good race for Benoot, so let's hope the 'could be' translates into a 'will be'.
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

AbhishekLFC
@Fab: You are right about Benoot in Strade, no idea why he was so passive and badly positioned. He did make the top 10 last season of south Africa with us having a worse ttt team but the game change impact is not something I took into account. You are right about the others as well. Choi was good, can't really account for a freak break result and Ringheim has been exceeding expectations. Did expect Vesely to be a bit iffy but Juarez was just not acceptable. Guadeloupe is probably more along the lines of my expectations. Hopefully he can get a bit lucky like tdu in a couple more races.

@Nemo: Already mentioned everything in the above reply and I do think Choi performed to expectations on the climbs. And yes, to answer both, Pologne will be very important to get Benoot's season back on track.

redordead
Hopefully results pick up so you can try to attack the top part of the rankings Smile

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

AbhishekLFC
i.imgur.com/dfPigTa.jpg

April Preview

Baltic Chain Tour
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/t2_balticchain.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Jo Kogstad Righeim Leader
Saya Kuroeda Co-Leader
Shiki Kuroeda Co-Leader
Bob Jungels Time Trial
Piotr Havik Domestique
Victor Alejandro Ocampo Time Trial
Tim Van Dijke Domestique
Esow Alben Domestique
Tactics
We didn't want to bring Vesely here so it's basically the cobbles squad trying to attack the first stage and then hang on through the flat stages. We don't expect much from this race.
Expectation: Top 20

Tour de Pologne
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/top_pologne.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Tiesj Benoot Leader
Bob Jungels Time Trial
Jan Tratnik Domestique
Esow Alben Domestique
Tactics
The big race of the month for us, with Benoot leading the line with good support. We are hoping Benoot can leave the bad couple of outings from March behind and recapture his form in this race. We will need it too.
Expectation: Top 5

Badaling International
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/mg_badaling.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Giovanni Carboni Leader
Saya Kuroeda Domestique
Tim Van Dijke Domestique
Leo Hayter Domestique
Esow Alben Domestique
Tactics
Carboni leads for the first time this season and we are hoping the harder climbs towards the end of the race can help him. It is unlikely though and our expectations are low once agian.
Expectation: Top 25
Watch Out For: Giovanni Carboni

GP Wallonie
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/mg_wallonie.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Tiesj Benoot Leader
Jan Tratnik Domestique
Tim Van Dijke Domestique
Leo Hayter Domestique
Esow Alben Domestique
Tactics
Benoot is back for his second race of the month He didn't do so well in this race lasts season, so we have tempered our expectations accordingly. Still, anything worse than a Top 10 will be very disappointing. A strong support team will also travel to this race, so we hope it translates into something worthwhile.

Lisbon Classic
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/top_lisbon.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Daniel Vesely Leader
Jo Kogstad Ringheim Leadout
Saya Kuroeda Leadout
Shiki Kuroeda Leadout
Piotr Havik Leadout
Marten Kooistra Leadout
Tim Van Dijke Domestique
Esow Alben Domestique
Tactics
The lottery of the sprint is back and it's about time we get the luck of the draw in one of these. However, that's not how things work, so we will be hoping that the team do their work and deliver Vesely into a good spot for the finish. The full flat squad is here to support our leader.
Watch Out For: Daniel Vesely

Three races where we 'should' be scoring well and two bonus outings make up the race schedule for this month. We are hoping we can be more consistent from here on in.

@redordead: Hope so myself Smile

AbhishekLFC
i.imgur.com/aemBFg3.jpg

April Review

Baltic Chain Tour
Our cobbles riders didn't do that well on Stage 1 with Tim Van Dijke our best finisher in 13th.

No sprinters meant no other stage results of note. Alben joined the break on Stage 3 and then again on Stage 5.

Tim Van Dijke finished 24th in the GC with Ringheim 30th. Van Dijke was 4th in the U25s and we finished 4th in the Teams classification.

Tour de Pologne
Stage 1 went well with Jungels finishing 3rd and Ocampo in 13th. Benoot lost a bit more than 30 seconds.

Benoot finished with the pack on Stage 2, getting 9th.

We didn't have a sprinter in the team and so Stages 3 and 4 were uneventful.

Benoot couldn't keep pace with the riders contesting for the win and finished 9th again in the front group on Stage 5.

Benoot didn't have the legs in the finish on Stage 6, ended up 10th, losing more than a minute. He did move up to 12th in the GC.

Stage 7 should've suited Benoot well, and while he did stay with the front group, he could contest for the win, finishing a lowly 14th.

Benoot stayed in 12th in the GC. Ahmad Zamri finished 49th.

Badaling International
We sent Carboni to this race as an experiment. He stayed out of the limelight for most of the race but ended a respectable 9th.

GP Wallonie
Benoot went into the race as one of the favourites, and also reached the climb to the finish in a great position. But he didn't have any energy left and dropped down the places to finish 9th. Another under-performance from him.

Lisbon Classic
Vesely kept a low profile all race but found himself in the top five places when the sprint started. He held a good line and form and finished 4th, which we think is a good result in this field. Definitely our best result of the month.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/HC/Lisbon/PCM0018.jpg

Outside of Benoot's races, we didn't expect a lot from this month. However, Carboni and Vesely were solid in their leadership roles and it was actually Benoot who disappointed for a second month running. With our promotion hopes depending hugely on him and Choi, a loss of form like this already makes us outsiders for any sort of promotion push this season. We hope he turns it around soon.

Laurens147
I would have liked to see Benoot have success in his own country, what a shame.

I hope you can continue on the positive flow from Lisbon Classic Smile
MG - Lotto - Caloi
[MG] New Manager of the Year - PCM.daily Awards 2022

redordead
It sucks that Benoot is having a bad time, but I do know all about underperforming puncheurs over the last few years Frown

Hopefully he has some good races left in him.

Fabianski
Ouch, really hurts to see trained Benoot continuing to disappoint. Hopefully he'll pick up the pace again. Iirc he won't be back to defend his title in Dunkerque, though, would've been another perfect race for him (like Viana).
At least Vesely seems to have found some better legs, unfortunately the sprinter stage races are basically over already ^^

AbhishekLFC
@Laurens: I'd like to see Benoot get success anywhere really Pfft Let's hope Lisbon can be a turnaround point.

@redordead: He better do so, otherwise it will be a very mediocre season.

@Fabianski: Didn't put Benoot in Dunkerque to have him go for higher possible points in hc and pthc. Hasn't really worked out. Will help if Vesely can remain consistent in the sprint classics though.

AbhishekLFC
i.imgur.com/dfPigTa.jpg

May Preview

Cheshire Cycling Tour
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/mg_cheshire.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Tiesj Benoot Leader
Saya Kuroeda Co-Leader
Shiki Kuroeda Co-Leader
Piotr Havik Domestique
Tim Van DIjke Domestique
Esow Alben Domestique
Tactics
Benoot finished 2nd in this race last season, and we've brought him here as leader one more time. He's not having a good season on the hills, but he did win Viana, so we're not quite sure what to expect from this race. Hopefully, he can turn around his form with this race.

Tour de Romandie
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/top_romandie1.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Ki Ho Choi Leader
Bob Jungels Time Trial
Leo Hayter Domestique
Tactics
Choi started off very well in Colombia and we hope for more of the same here. There is the not so small matter of a TTT as the first stage where we will once be at a disadvantage. Let's hope he can make it up on the MTF and the MTT. The support team is quite strong, so the mountain stage should at least be a good one for us.

Tour of Lithuania
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/mg_lithuania.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Daniel Vesely Sprinter
Saya Kuroeda Lead-out
Bakhtiyar Kozhatayev Free Role
Shiki Kuroeda Free Role
Bob Jungels Time Trial
Leo Hayter Domestique
Tactics
A very experimantal line-up in this race sees Vesely target the two sprint stages, and a motley crew hoping to strike lucky on the hill stage. We don't have much strength for the TTT, so we don't expect a very high GC placing from this race.
Expectation: Top 30
Watch Out For: Bakhtiyar Kozhatayev

1 Jour de Dunkerque
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/mg_dunkclass.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Jo Kogstad Ringheim Leader
Saya Kuroeda Co-Leader
Shiki Kuroeda Co-Leader
Piotr Havik Domestique
Leo Hayter Domestique
Esow Alben Domestique
Tactics
Benoot won here last season but he's not coming back to defend his crown. Instead, Ringheim leads our line, along with the rest of the cobbles unit, who will try to keep their consistent scoring going. We might end up looking very smart, or very stupid, depending on how the result turns out, given the profile suits Benoot almost perfectly.
Expectation: Top 20

Vuelta a Espana
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/top_vuelta%201.jpgpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/top_vuelta%202.jpgpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Profiles/top_vuelta%203.jpg
Startlist
Rider Role
Ki Ho Choi Leader
Jan Tratnik Domestique
Tim Van Dijke Domestique
Tactics
Our second even GT appearance, and our first after a gap of five seasons, when we went to the Giro in 2018. With the clash with Lithuania, neither our climbing nor our TTT teams are at full strength but this is a race where the results are made up and the points don't matter for us, even if we manage to emulate fellow wildcards Jura and Xero at the Giro! We hope to make some impact and have an enjoyable outing.

March and April were not good months for us. May doesn't look like it will improve the scoring much. We expect a third straight month where we drop down the standings.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Tourmalet 2
Tourmalet 2