PCM.daily » Off-Topic » Cycling
 Print Thread
Dekker leaves Rabobank
Ad Bot
Posted on 21-09-2024 18:31
Bot Agent

IP: None  
helGn
you have to be positive t-baum! if he tests positive it would be a big shame though

issoisso
You'll all be monstrously surprised by Rogers. You're all overrating his time trialling and severely underrating his climbing. Wait until next year.

helGn wrote:
you have to be positive t-baum!

If he is, can we give him a 2 year suspension from the forum?
The preceding post is ISSO 9001 certified

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

"I love him, I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense" - Bradley Wiggins on Lance Armstrong

helGn
he won world tt two years in a row, so he has been good in the tt. and i think he is preatty good in the mountains but not better than for example kirchen

issoisso
again: you'll be surprised on both counts Wink

his climbing has improved immensely, and as a natural consequence, his TT has regressed immensely
Edited by issoisso on 15-08-2008 11:25

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

"I love him, I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense" - Bradley Wiggins on Lance Armstrong

helGn
helGn wrote:
you have to be positive t-baum!

If he is, can we give him a 2 year suspension from the forum?

lets make an example and do a lifetime!

helGn
issoisso wrote:
again: you'll be surprised on both counts Wink

i hope your right on the mountain bit, and wrong about tt Pfft
i really like rogers

Guido Mukk
he is right..Rogers is at least same with Kirchen in mountains..maybe even better.
And he has improved has climber (like Zabriskie)

helGn
awesome! im really glad to hear that! lets hope he hasnt lost that much on the TT either. usually tt's which improve in the high % dont seem to loose their TT touch as much as mountain goats loose their mountainfeet when they learn to TT.

Guido Mukk
this is has been my favorite recipe for success..TT rider who can climb.
(Little chauvinist talk..that why I have expetation about Taaramäe)

issoisso
helGn wrote:
usually tt's which improve in the high % dont seem to loose their TT touch as much as mountain goats loose their mountainfeet when they learn to TT.

Actually it's quite the contrary. Remember Moreau the climber? Do you know how he became a climber? by going from TDF TT winner to a guy who loses 4 minutes in a 35km TT.

That's just one example. I'd estimate Rogers has lost 1:30 to 2:00 in a 50km TT. And still, his climbing is not up to Basso standard (nowhere near, in fact)

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

helGn
how good is basso at climbing now a days? compared to for example sastre. and moreau is french, they seem to suck at the moment Wink

issoisso
helGn wrote:
how good is basso at climbing now a days? compared to for example sastre.

You do realise Basso is only 30? he's still at his peak and will be for about 2-3 more years

helGn wrote:
moreau is french, they seem to suck at the moment Wink

Everyone sucks when they're old and always injured

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

helGn
yes i know basso is only 30. his been out for quite a while from cycling, and i dont know how well he has trained and stuff, so is he as good as contador you reckon? and would he win the TdF if he had been in it?

Guido Mukk
I hope to see Basso in next year Giro..best place for ex and future doper show what he is capable

Aquarius
With his 2006 level he'd have won this year TDF, that's for sure.
Back then he was stronger than Contador ever was (till now) but Contador still has a small margin to improve, whereas Basso will normally start to fade in one or two years while he'll lack some racing (almost didn't ride for two years).
But it's natural that Basso was stronger, since he intented to dope at Fuentes.

issoisso
Aquarius wrote:
With his 2006 level he'd have won this year TDF, that's for sure.
Back then he was stronger than Contador ever was (till now) but Contador still has a small margin to improve, whereas Basso will normally start to fade in one or two years while he'll lack some racing (almost didn't ride for two years).

Basso won't do the Tour next year. he'll do the Giro.

Aquarius wrote:
But it's natural that Basso was stronger, since he intented to dope at Fuentes.

Yes, because we all know that Contador didn't do the same...

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

helGn
yeah, they all were better back then. but without some of the dope he might not be that good i hope Grin

Guido Mukk
they still was the best..doping doesnt help me win TdF..we still need doping and cycling genius to be tour winner.

Aquarius
helGn wrote:
yeah, they all were better back then. but without some of the dope he might not be that good i hope Grin
What's sad is that you might be a cycling genius, without dope you'll never enter the final top 10 of a Grand Tour...
Edited by Aquarius on 15-08-2008 12:54

helGn
Aquarius wrote:
helGn wrote:
What's sad is that you might be a cycling genius, without dope you'll never enter the final top 10 of a Grand Tour...

i ensure you that if I were a cycling genious i still wouldnt even be top 20 Wink

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Fantasy Betting
Current bets: