· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2007
 Print Thread
Comments and suggestions
kebowers
CrueTrue wrote:
Let me say it like this.

I completely reinstalled the game before installing the beta which were used to test the database before it was released. Now I tried to install the final package, but I still got things which didn't work properly until I completely reinstalled the game again.

So, I'd say it's very recommended.

Crue,
Did you go ahead and delete all files in?:
C:\Documents and Settings\Local User\Application Data\Pro Cycling Manager 2007
or just the .cdb files

mrlol
another error:
the Istanbul Criterium is not part of the Presidential Cycling Tour. It's like the Tour Down Under Classic and held one or 2 days before the actual tour begins.
and the circuit has a hill in it (see the website of the race)

www.leoadriaansenfotografie.nl
CrueTrue
Thanks, mrlol. Keep going Smile

http://www.pcmdaily.com
CrueTrue
kebowers wrote:
CrueTrue wrote:
Let me say it like this.

I completely reinstalled the game before installing the beta which were used to test the database before it was released. Now I tried to install the final package, but I still got things which didn't work properly until I completely reinstalled the game again.

Crue,
or just the .cdb files

The entire folder.

kebowers
CrueTrue wrote:
kebowers wrote:
CrueTrue wrote:
Let me say it like this.

Crue,
or just the .cdb files

The entire folder.

Thanks working on it now...

MarcoPRT
It is a mountaim time-trial, it's pretty nomal, you can't choose TT equipment for that kind of stages.
img8.imageshack.us/img8/5599/steamgif0tvvj8sv8z.gif

kebowers
Damn it!! The March bug has followed, with a new twist. I uninstalled PCM07 then deleted all remaining data, i.e. Local User/AppData, then reinstalled PCM07 and loaded patch up to 1.0.3.1. Then extracted all files from PCM.daily 08.db into default folder. Then ran career.bat.
I have created a career, a team, etc.. and when I am in Jan and go to look at calendar for Feb, i get the pcm.exe error. I know there is a bug with Cyanide, that exist regardless of Db used that system crashes when you got to March. (apparently for some reason mostly affecting North America)
Now it seems to be happening for Feb, Mar, Apr.
Any Ideas?
SHould I start a thread for this in Tech Forum?

Johan92
can you use this with the DB changer?
www.pcmnorge.no

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 06:20
Bot Agent

IP: None  
KurtinSC
kebowers wrote:
Damn it!! The March bug has followed, with a new twist. I uninstalled PCM07 then deleted all remaining data, i.e. Local User/AppData, then reinstalled PCM07 and loaded patch up to 1.0.3.1. Then extracted all files from PCM.daily 08.db into default folder. Then ran career.bat.
I have created a career, a team, etc.. and when I am in Jan and go to look at calendar for Feb, i get the pcm.exe error. I know there is a bug with Cyanide, that exist regardless of Db used that system crashes when you got to March. (apparently for some reason mostly affecting North America)
Any Ideas?

Well, you just scared me away from playing it.

I can live with March when playing with a continental team (doesn't happen with pro teams). I don't know if I can live without 3 months though.

kebowers
KurtinSC wrote:
[quote]kebowers wrote:
Any Ideas?

Well, you just scared me away from playing it.

I can live with March when playing with a continental team (doesn't happen with pro teams). I don't know if I can live without 3 months though.[/quote

First let me say, this IS/HAS BEEN a problem with Cyanide, not PCM databases. What happened when playing PCMSpain was you just couldn't look at the calendar for the month of March, you could however simulate/3D through the month of March ( Does that make sense) You could look at the dates at the bottom of the screen to know which races you would be doing, you just couldn't open the calendar. Again, as it has been said here before for some reason it mostly seemed to happen to those of us in North America, I have no idea why.
Now to update my latest issue. I checked a little deeper.
Now I can tell you I cannot look at calendars for Feb, Apr, May, however all other months are fine. I cannot begin to tell you why this is happening. I may however uninstall/reinstall and try again...:cry:
Edited by kebowers on 14-04-2008 21:57

CrueTrue
As I've mentioned before, I really hope there's an American tester for PCM08, so we can get this solved.

matt493
Too bad i can't be a tester.:cry::cry::cry:
i65.photobucket.com/albums/h201/matthew493/Daniel%20Martin/clickablelink.png

KurtinSC
The calendar thing is influenced by the DB (or the other files that come with the DB) in some way. In the official DB it crashes in September. PCM-Spain had the calendar crash in March. And now we have Feb/Mar/Apr with the PCMDaily08.

Could it be number of stages in the month being offered is too high? A race name being too long in english?

The most common errors with most code deal with variable overflow. Too many letters for a race name or too many stages in a month might fit that bill. It could also be something much harder to find.

Anyway, just throwing it out there.

KurtinSC
Or it could be SQL injection in the race name... do any race names happen to have special characters in their titles? Particularly quotes?

issoisso
KurtinSC wrote:
Or it could be SQL injection in the race name... do any race names happen to have special characters in their titles? Particularly quotes?

The race name is the same for everyone, so it can't be SQL injection (which would be pretty weird) I'm still pretty positive it's the american version (read: language settings, etc.) of the .NET framework
Edited by issoisso on 14-04-2008 22:21
The preceding post is ISSO 9001 certified

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

"I love him, I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense" - Bradley Wiggins on Lance Armstrong

Karl_rab
well to find out anyone that has the DB up then just check out those 3 months and say the 1 before and after then just glane to see if they have more than the others (races), it could be that as normally with games errors are either things that arnt working e.g. a scratch on a disk or asking a computor to do too much.
img144.imageshack.us/img144/1006/millwallsigiv0.png
img213.imageshack.us/img213/1690/ubda1880wh5.gif
img137.imageshack.us/img137/2175/ubd4608al5.png
img148.imageshack.us/img148/543/ubd4858xj8.png

Jape
issoisso wrote:
KurtinSC wrote:

The race name is the same for everyone, so it can't be SQL injection (which would be pretty weird) I'm still pretty positive it's the american version (read: language settings, etc.) of the .NET framework

My guess would be localization issue (ie. different notation of month-day instead of day-month or the usage of comma instead of point for decimals). Try setting your localization to english-UK or french or something, it's a loooong shot but it's pretty simple to try. .NET framework should have nothing to do with it, since a. it's the same for any country and b. the game doesn't use .NET framework (it's written in native c++)

issoisso
Jape wrote:
My guess would be localization issue (ie. different notation of month-day instead of day-month or the usage of comma instead of point for decimals). Try setting your localization to english-UK or french or something, it's a loooong shot but it's pretty simple to try.

If that was aimed at me, I'm not american so I don't have that problem Wink

Jape wrote:
.NET framework (...) it's the same for any country

trust me, it's not. And I once had major problems in a project because of it. Anyway, I didn't realise it wasn't used in this case. Being so, there's not much chance of knowing what's wrong without the game's source code. which, of course, we will never have.
The preceding post is ISSO 9001 certified

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

"I love him, I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense" - Bradley Wiggins on Lance Armstrong

kebowers
KurtinSC wrote:
The calendar thing is influenced by the DB (or the other files that come with the DB) in some way. In the official DB it crashes in September. PCM-Spain had the calendar crash in March. And now we have Feb/Mar/Apr with the PCMDaily08.

Could it be number of stages in the month being offered is too high? A race name being too long in english?

The most common errors with most code deal with variable overflow. Too many letters for a race name or too many stages in a month might fit that bill. It could also be something much harder to find.

Anyway, just throwing it out there.

Actually to restate clearly, what I said earlier. After lloking a litttle closer I found the months that are a problem are Feb, Apr, May all others appear to work fine.

KurtinSC
Hmm... maybe I'll change my PC to UK settings. Can I do that for a single user in XP, or would it be for all users of this machine?

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
columbia 2015
columbia 2015