· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
First impressions
DaBobScotts
ronnygj wrote:
cunego59 wrote:
Is there any possibility to start with a custom team on continental level (not on pro cont)?

I am wondering about this as well. I want to start a small custom continental team, but even when choosing 0% on orientation I end up as a continental pro team and don't get access to to 1.2 or 2.2 races except those in my own country. There should at least be a choice of starting as a continental and not pro-continental team.

And if you have a kick ass team there should be a choice for WT, instead of ProCont.

ruben
now i'm certain I'm waiting at least a few months before buying this time. If I buy at all. To few novelties, and the novelties there are still flawed. +no normal online mode.

kevtucks
i think its a step up from last years but annoyed by the camera reverting back to default view every time i select a different rider with the LMB..using arrow keys or scrolling with mouse wheel it stays as ive chosen..
any ideas as to stop this happening?

olabj
Is it just me or did Cyanide say that there was a way to implement doping injuries if for example Cavendish was caught IRL? If they implemented that function, has anyone tried it yet?
i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq256/olabj/jackgarm.png

i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq256/olabj/greendaysig.png

Vien
olabj wrote:
Is it just me or did Cyanide say that there was a way to implement doping injuries if for example Cavendish was caught IRL? If they implemented that function, has anyone tried it yet?

Yes, the function is available. It's called an injury until August, but instead they put "Not Available" instead of "Injured" at their status.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/bettingchampion.png

Teddy The Creator
Vien wrote:
olabj wrote:

Yes, the function is available. It's called an injury until August, but instead they put "Not Available" instead of "Injured" at their status.

Yeah, Yoann Ofreddo has it also, until January 2013. I'm not sure how to implement it without a real DB Editor though.

Nasibal
I play PCM since 2007. I am no PCM-god but i know how to play the game. However, on all difficulty lvls i keep losing sprints to people with low 60 sprint stats. Same goes for mountain stages.

I also tried to beat high-stat riders with my own low-stat riders, that didnt work luckily. The problem seems to be with the AI? I hope they fix this soon in a patch, this is really annoying.

Furthermore, besides the interface and graphics, not much seems to have changed since 2011. Just some little things that i didn't 'miss' anyway. I am not regretting buying this, but if i could turn back time I dont think i would buy it again this easily

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:33
Bot Agent

IP: None  
duckman
I started game as Endura Racing. i thought better check out my goals, see if they really are realistic... first goal : Top 10 finish Tour down under, 2nd goal : Stage win at Paris Nice.

Perfectly realistic goals, except for the small matter of neither race appearing in my Calendar as a race i can request a wild card, and the TDU announcing no wild cards will be allocated, only the 18 top teams would participate....

Yep, really glad they improved the sponsor goals for small teams.. I should be thankful it wasnt a french team.. surely only a TDF overall victory would keep the sponsors happy!

CountArach
duckman wrote:
I started game as Endura Racing. i thought better check out my goals, see if they really are realistic... first goal : Top 10 finish Tour down under, 2nd goal : Stage win at Paris Nice.

Perfectly realistic goals, except for the small matter of neither race appearing in my Calendar as a race i can request a wild card, and the TDU announcing no wild cards will be allocated, only the 18 top teams would participate....

Yep, really glad they improved the sponsor goals for small teams.. I should be thankful it wasnt a french team.. surely only a TDF overall victory would keep the sponsors happy!

Are you playing with the first patch? They said that would be fixed, and that sponsors can now give .2 races as goals.
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png Manager of Team Bpost - Vlaanderen i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png

Follow me on Twitter
(All opinions expressed are not guaranteed to reflect reality)

Skippy17
duckman wrote:

I did find that really odd. Keeping on topic of the TDU. I started a career with GreenEDGE and found that the competition was really lacking in the TDU. I brought Goss, David and McEwen and they were the 3 main favourites to take the stage win, no other real big sprinter attended. It's a minor detail but i found it just a bit annoying.

duckman
yes playing with first patch.

using : Lassassino Realname Database

could that be the issue?

Vien
ruben wrote:
now i'm certain I'm waiting at least a few months before buying this time. If I buy at all. To few novelties, and the novelties there are still flawed. +no normal online mode.

Maybe this will convince you? Grin

i48.tinypic.com/2w3q3k1.jpg
Edited by Vien on 22-06-2012 15:06
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/bettingchampion.png

PCM rulezz
I just played the first stage of the tour down under and there were only the 18WT teams no wild card teams. Is that normal?

roturn
After the first few stages a small review.

For the career mode you probably need to wait for the next patches. I don`t really care actually and haven`t expected to play a career before a better DB will be published.

Armada mode is pretty much fun actually. Where else you win Paris Champs Elysees with Ratto or being 2nd on the Stelvio with Mate? Wink
The problem could be the contract extension. If some cards expire after a specific amount of days and you haven`t played for quite some time, then you have no roster except you buy cards for real money? - Surely not.

Also if you start Armada late and just have the starting bronze pack, you will stand no chance against the other online players, who already have gold packs.

In general a nice addition, but still there is lots of work for this mode, in especially as it`s the only road race online mode now...Angry

roturn
PCM rulezz wrote:
I just played the first stage of the tour down under and there were only the 18WT teams no wild card teams. Is that normal?

Also had this. No teams asked for a wildcard there. PN, Tirreno etc. had 6 wildcard requests, Tour 8 or so and the classics even more than 10. Also the choice was most times realistic.

And the sponsor system of course still sucks. Had Team NSP and goal to get the leader jersey in the Giro and top10 Paris Nice.
I can`t even get a wildcard there as Continental team. Wink

PCM rulezz
roturn wrote:
PCM rulezz wrote:

Also had this. No teams asked for a wildcard there. PN, Tirreno etc. had 6 wildcard requests, Tour 8 or so and the classics even more than 10. Also the choice was most times realistic.

And the sponsor system of course still sucks. Had Team NSP and goal to get the leader jersey in the Giro and top10 Paris Nice.
I can`t even get a wildcard there as Continental team. Wink

That's good to hear Grin
In my game Veranda's-Willems asked a wildcard for the Tour. Who never tries, never wins Pfft

Teddy The Creator
These are all bugs that will be fixed by the time the Daily DB is released, which, for me, is when the real enjoyment of this game begins.

evilhumer
Did they remove the protect rider option? Just played a stage and couldnt find it

roturn
You need to rightclick and then it works. Either on the rider or at the rider bar.

chris01
In my game Andy and Frank Schleck are Andre and Franco Stark, and Chris Horner is Kyle Harper, and BMC Racing is COM Racing. Was it like this for everyone else?
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
RadioCash
RadioCash