· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,118
· Newest Member: emeric7444
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2014
 Print Thread
PCMdaily DB Stat Discussion
bob7
I did not mean to prove Landa TT skils, only to show how much less fatigue Landa lost compare to Contador. This week show us how good is Landa in mountain, but for now I would give him 77. If he complete a good week, then he could be 78, but nothing more.

Maddox
bob7 wrote:
Maddox wrote:
The thing, however, is that even though the field is weak, Landa is riding just as good as Contador - then it doesn't matter how weak the rest of the field is. I think that Landa could ride away from Contador on the high mountains if he was allowed - at least from Aru. That is why I think, Landa should be 80-81 in mountains.

Disagree. Landa isn't as good as Contador. Look at TT in saturday. Contador was 3rd, Landa was 52th, losing 4 minutes to Contador.
Conclusion ?
Landa lost much less health than Contador, so he could ride excellent stage in sunday.

Conclusion? Landa just sucks at time trials. It has nothing to do with how good he is in the mountains.
The fact is that Landa equials Contador in the mountains in this Giro and as long as he does that, Landa should be almost just as good as Contador in the mountains.

When two riders are equial, you should give them the same stats (almost, at least), which is why Landa should be 80-81, same should Aru and Contador maybe 82-83 with his career in mind. End of story.

Maddox
Maddox wrote:
bob7 wrote:
Maddox wrote:
The thing, however, is that even though the field is weak, Landa is riding just as good as Contador - then it doesn't matter how weak the rest of the field is. I think that Landa could ride away from Contador on the high mountains if he was allowed - at least from Aru. That is why I think, Landa should be 80-81 in mountains.

Disagree. Landa isn't as good as Contador. Look at TT in saturday. Contador was 3rd, Landa was 52th, losing 4 minutes to Contador.
Conclusion ?
Landa lost much less health than Contador, so he could ride excellent stage in sunday.

Conclusion? Landa just sucks at time trials. It has nothing to do with how good he is in the mountains.
The fact is that Landa equials Contador in the mountains in this Giro and as long as he does that, Landa should be almost just as good as Contador in the mountains.

When two riders are equial, you should give them the same stats (almost, at least), which is why Landa should be 80-81, same should Aru and Contador maybe 82-83 with his career in mind. End of story.

You can just see today's stage. And I know Contador was 50 seconds after Landa before Mortirolo.

roturn
I decided to clean this up a bit.

This is a thread only for the PCM.Daily DB and is for stat discussion of only this DB.

For all other DB`s please use any other DB`s thread for a discussion.

bob7
Maddox wrote:
Maddox wrote:
bob7 wrote:
Maddox wrote:

Conclusion ?

You can just see today's stage. And I know Contador was 50 seconds after Landa before Mortirolo.

So, you think Landa is stronger than Contador ?

Maddox
bob7 wrote:
Maddox wrote:
Maddox wrote:
bob7 wrote:
Maddox wrote:

Conclusion ?

When you think about the whole Giro d'Italia, I would say that Landa is, at least, almost as good as Contador, yes. You can't argue against that because Contador can't drop Landa. That's a simple fact.

bob7
Maddox wrote:
bob7 wrote:
Maddox wrote:
Maddox wrote:
bob7 wrote:
Maddox wrote:

Conclusion ?

When you think about the whole Giro d'Italia, I would say that Landa is, at least, almost as good as Contador, yes. You can't argue against that because Contador can't drop Landa. That's a simple fact.

I'm a fan of Alberto's that's obvious, but I'm trying to be objective in cyclists stats in PCM. And I cannot agree. Though today stage, I don't think Landa is on the same level as Contador. Till today Aru was main rival in GC, now it has changed. From today, Contador won't let Landa go away. Of course it's just my opinion and we will see on thursday to saturday am I right, or am I wrong. At this moment I would give:
83 Contador
79 Aru or 80 with lower REC stat
78 Landa with high REC stat or 79 with "normal" REC
76 Trofimov and Amador
Maybe 77 for Trofimov and Amador but I'm not sure if this won't be too much.

Maddox
bob7 wrote:
Maddox wrote:
bob7 wrote:
Maddox wrote:
Maddox wrote:
bob7 wrote:
Maddox wrote:

Conclusion ?

I'm a fan of Alberto's that's obvious, but I'm trying to be objective in cyclists stats in PCM. And I cannot agree. Though today stage, I don't think Landa is on the same level as Contador. Till today Aru was main rival in GC, now it has changed. From today, Contador won't let Landa go away. Of course it's just my opinion and we will see on thursday to saturday am I right, or am I wrong. At this moment I would give:
83 Contador
79 Aru or 80 with lower REC stat
78 Landa with high REC stat or 79 with "normal" REC
76 Trofimov and Amador
Maybe 77 for Trofimov and Amador but I'm not sure if this won't be too much.

Contador couldn't follow Landa, you can be sure of that. Now, Landa is allowed to give full gas, and when he does that, Alberto can't follow him. I am sure about that, but before Contador proves me wrong, nothing suggests that Landa is weaker than Contador.

The only reason, that Landa hasn't attacked away before today, is that he had to have Aru with him. Now he doesn't.

If a rider show that level Landa has shown, you have to acknowledge that. You talk with your legs, and Landa has done that. He proves that he is one of the best climbers in the world now, that is a fact you just simply can't argue against. It is a fact, not an opinion.

Contador hasn't dropped Landa one single time is this Giro, so why do you think Contador is better than Landa? Landa shows that he can ride against riders like Contador now.

I am very objective, that is my job as a journalist. I am not a fan of any rider.

gotlandrules
Aru shouldn't have a low rec stat, he's a good three week rider, he has been sick close to the giro and is still doing well...

djick
Though I am a fan of Contador, but judging objectively, the Landa alone will not pull .... attacks Contador

bob7
I am pretty sure Landa will be something like "one race cyclists" I don't know how to explain it good. Something like Thomas de Gendt.
At the end, you have your stats in DB, I have mine and this is cool Smile

Ad Bot
Posted on 30-09-2024 00:30
Bot Agent

IP: None  
djick
I think Conta 83
Landa 81
Aru 80

Abelbaba
And what do you guys think about Kruijswijk?
He rides very strong (apart from the stage where he lost 8 minutes...)
Edited by Abelbaba on 26-05-2015 19:41

Maddox
bob7 wrote:
I am pretty sure Landa will be something like "one race cyclists" I don't know how to explain it good. Something like Thomas de Gendt.
At the end, you have your stats in DB, I have mine and this is cool Smile

I know what you mean, and it could very well be. But right now Landa is just as good as Contador, and then you have to give him those stats. When Landa get dropped from Contador several times, you can lower his stats. But untill then, Landa has proved he is very good right now!

Kiserlovski01
I don't think it's a shame Landa dropped Contador today after his race to catch up at the Mortirolo.

Though Landa is riding really strong I think Contador was focussing on Aru and answered any of his attacks. I'm pretty sure Alberto allowed Landa to win the day before yesterday and that he was tired at the end of today's stage.

bob7
Kiserlovski01 wrote:
I don't think it's a shame Landa dropped Contador today after his race to catch up at the Mortirolo.

Though Landa is riding really strong I think Contador was focussing on Aru and answered any of his attacks. I'm pretty sure Alberto allowed Landa to win the day before yesterday and that he was tired at the end of today's stage.

Exactly !! This is what I'm trying to prove Grin

majordutchy
Abelbaba wrote:
And what do you guys think about Kruijswijk?
He rides very strong (apart from the stage where he lost 8 minutes...)

Kruijswijk should be 78-79 based on this Giro. I don't know what to think about Landa this has been his first good year, so really hard to judge maybe 77-78?

Maddox
Kiserlovski01 wrote:

From my sources, as a journalist, I can for sure say that Contador didn't allow Landa to go. If Contador could, he would have taken the victory today.

Kiserlovski01
Maddox wrote:
Kiserlovski01 wrote:

From my sources, as a journalist, I can for sure say that Contador didn't allow Landa to go. If Contador could, he would have taken the victory today.

I'm not talking about today's stage. Landa was the most fresh rider in front and Contador paid for his efforts on the Mortirolo. I agree, Landa was stronger today but he was given his first stage win.

Maddox
Kiserlovski01 wrote:
Maddox wrote:
Kiserlovski01 wrote:

I'm not talking about today's stage. Landa was the most fresh rider in front and Contador paid for his efforts on the Mortirolo. I agree, Landa was stronger today but he was given his first stage win.

Ah, bum, bum, not too sure about that either. Anyways, Landa has proved that he can ride in the mountains = 81 in mountains

Contador 82
Aru 80

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots