knockout

· Total Members: 161,009
· Newest Member: christianbalee
View Thread
 Print Thread
The Politics Thread
Crommy
Whatsup wrote:
He's gone to front-line duties in Afghanistan, not more.

And what is more? There is no more?
emoticons4u.com/happy/042.gif

Whatsup
I just said that Harry went in order to support morally his troops. And instead to do it, he should try to stop this war because there're too many deaths compared to the changing brought
We are condemned to be free

Aquarius
Seems like Obama is still leading the democrats' race.
It also appears that H.Clinton offered him a vice-president position if he would accept to withdraw now, of course he refused.

Last polls tend to show that Obama would beat McCain, but that Clinton would lose to the republican.

CrueTrue
Nah, she didn't say that he had to withdraw now. She just said that she could see her and Obama 'together' with him being the Vice President - if she won, of course.

http://www.pcmdaily.com
rodda
Australias new oposition :lol: leader recently had a 7% approval rating in the polls
www.thecoolwebsite.co.uk/images/userbars/moderator.gif

www.thecoolwebsite.co.uk
Aquarius
I've been looking for groups about Al Gore on facebook some minutes ago. I'm pretty surprised to see the numbers of anti-Al Gore groups there, people denying the existence of global warming, the impact of industrial growth on it, etc.

How is he perceived in the US ? How was his documentary received ?

CrueTrue
I know for a fact that Denmark's anti-global warming guy nr. 1 Bjørn Lomborg is being welcomed very well int he US. His book, Cool It, is pretty popular.

Ad Bot
Posted on 19-09-2024 16:34
Bot Agent

IP: None  
p3druh
Aquarius wrote:
I've been looking for groups about Al Gore on facebook some minutes ago. I'm pretty surprised to see the numbers of anti-Al Gore groups there, people denying the existence of global warming, the impact of industrial growth on it, etc.

After an appearence on the Oprah show:

I think it says it all...

When in the USA don't watch TV... It's bad for your brain... Unless you are watching the Simpsons... In that case you may continue...

GLOBAL WARMING IS NOT A MITH! Damn it... How can someone even say that? How much of a dick-head do you have to be to think that global warming is just not a reality? F*** you... Do a favour to the world and drop dead!

Just a 0,1ºC rise in the temperature causes the extinction of over 200 species... A 0,2ºC increase causes 600... And this is not the only problem... Most fags think "Oh, 1ºC in every 100 years is not too much..." Shut the fuck up you prick... These numbers just mean that the average temperature rose 1ºC but the extreme temperatures are happening more often... Some countries have snow blizards and droughts in the same year... That's not normal... The Sahara desert is getting bigger every year and will hit Portugal and Spain in the next 50 years...

USA and China are responsable for over 75% if the polution in the world... You want to screw up your countries? Be my guest... But leave the rest of the world out of it... Caribean countries being hit by huracains, the asian monsoons getting tougher every year... Just a big fucking coincidence, right?

Sorry for snapping like that but this is an emotional issue for me...
img401.imageshack.us/img401/3756/91640730.png

niconico
Aquarius wrote:

Well so far global warming don't have any serious evidence to back it up. The temperatur has increased by 0,74 degrees over the last century and that's really not uncommon if you study graphs that shows the average temperatur of the Earth over the last 400.000 years.
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/bampo.png

Waghlon
A_Schleck wrote:
The temperatur has increased by 0,74 degrees over the last century and that's really not uncommon if you study graphs that shows the average temperatur of the Earth over the last 400.000 years.

I have to agree with you. I cant really take global warming serious when you can clearly see on a graph (im thinking of a special temparature graph in The Inconvinient Truth which Gore himself quoted as being correct), that the temparature has always risen and fallen. Often more extreme than now. Im not completely denouncing that pollution is a fallacy (to be honest, even im a bit worried), but im thinking that global warming is either being overstated, or is a lie.

About those 300 species that die for every 0.1c the temparature rises: Darwins law: Survival of the fittest: They werent capable of surviving anyway then.
THE THOMAS VOECKLER PROPHET OF PCM DAILY

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/funniest.png

http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
CrueTrue
So you're denying that the global warming is caused by humans?

Waghlon
CrueTrue wrote:
So you're denying that the global warming is caused by humans?

Im not denying that humanity have had a large finger in it. But the temparature has risen even before the industrial revolution.

CrueTrue
It has, yes, but do you (and A_Schleck) think that it's caused by humans this time or not?

Waghlon
CrueTrue wrote:
It has, yes, but do you (and A_Schleck) think that it's caused by humans this time or not?

Is 50/50 is an acceptable response?

niconico
I'm not quite qualified to answer that but when I look at the increase in temperature that IPCC has released and study the graphs over the average temp. of the earth over the last 500.000 years or so it seems like humans have nothing to do with it. Like Waghlon says there has been more extreme increases before and also even before the industrial revolution.
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/bampo.png

issoisso
Aquarius wrote:

On a related topic, the reason none of you should register on facebook is that unlike other such websites, by registering on facebook you're immediately authorizing them to use all content you put on the site about yourself for whatever they wish.

All the people on the board of directors of the consortium that created facebook have permanent offices in the NSA (National Security Agency) or CIA (Central Intelligence Agency)
Edited by issoisso on 12-03-2008 17:46
The preceding post is ISSO 9001 certified

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

"I love him, I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense" - Bradley Wiggins on Lance Armstrong

alex153
People who doesn't accept global warming seriously annoys me. "There is no proof"...right, and the earth is flat. There is a lot of proof that it is real, and there is not really much doubt that humans has caused it. The temprature is always shifting as mentioned earlier, but never like this before.

issoisso
alex153 wrote:
there is not really much doubt that humans has caused it.

That's a very widely spread misconception. The period of greater industrial growth, and therefore, according to that theory, the period during which the earth should heat the most in this past century was the seventies. You know what happened during the seventies? Global Cooling. Yup, that's right. The earth cooled down substantially.

The ozone layer is also closing. It should close completely within the next 18 months.

The fact is: nobody knows jack squat and everyone is guessing.
Edited by issoisso on 12-03-2008 18:35
The preceding post is ISSO 9001 certified

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

"I love him, I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense" - Bradley Wiggins on Lance Armstrong

Waghlon
alex153 wrote:
People who doesn't accept global warming seriously annoys me. "There is no proof"...right, and the earth is flat. There is a lot of proof that it is real, and there is not really much doubt that humans has caused it. The temprature is always shifting as mentioned earlier, but never like this before.

I shall refer to the graph which i vaguely remember from the Inconvinient Truth where there had been changes in the temparature that have dwarfed the changes over the last 150 years.

I seriously need to find that graph

CrueTrue
A_Schleck wrote:
I'm not quite qualified to answer that but when I look at the increase in temperature that IPCC has released and study the graphs over the average temp. of the earth over the last 500.000 years or so it seems like humans have nothing to do with it. Like Waghlon says there has been more extreme increases before and also even before the industrial revolution.

Yes, we have even had an Ice Age. Nothing new in that. What's new is that this time, it's proven that it's caused by our pollution, our greenhouse gases. Another difference from back then and now is that we're living in a society which can't handle these kind of enviromental changes. Africa will be completely without water, Denmark, for example, will get a new sort of climate which our buildings can't handle, etc., etc. I admit that this is all speculation, but I'd say it's very, very well-proven speculation.

It'd take me forever to explain it in detail, but if you want me to, please say so. I'm listening to it every day at stupid lectures, so Pfft

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Lance wins again