danicampos, Paulemandre

· Total Members: 161,036
· Newest Member: MauriceRayer
View Thread
PCM.daily » Off-Topic » Cycling
 Print Thread
Dekker leaves Rabobank
ruben
There are no talks, so that's just a rumour, he is talking with other teams though

Deadpool
Ruben wrote:
There are no talks, so that's just a rumour, he is talking with other teams though

I know the Garmin thing is a rumor, but lets start the discussion again, now that appears he's leaving, where too, I've got my money on Katushya

ruben
No, it will be most probably an (ex)Pro Tour team. Columbia, Astana, CSC etc

Ad Bot
Posted on 21-09-2024 21:01
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Deadpool
Ruben wrote:
No, it will be most probably an (ex)Pro Tour team. Columbia, Astana, CSC etc

With the implosion of the Protour, teams like Garmin or Katushya will probably get invites to all the big races along with the former PT teams, so he might go as Katushya might as well be the same thing as a PT team.

Guido Mukk
No Katyusha please...I dont recomend that team for any rider. Columbia would be intresting.

ruben
Believe me Deadpool, he doesn't WANT to go to Katushya

Smoothie
Columbia would be a good move. In my eyes Columbia are a Top End GC rider short. Letting Columbia in the mix would be great.

helGn
this might be cock and balls and just bullshit, but in my eyes dekker fits in the columbia squad. his the kind of rider that team has had for captain for a long time. (i'm acually thinking a year or two ahead here) Good in both the TT and mountain. and i would really like to see him in my favorite team Grin

Edit: he would really be sexy with kirchen and the others! Pfft
Edited by helGn on 14-08-2008 23:58

Guido Mukk
I think Columbia need to give Rogers a fear chanche...after unlucky 2 years. He probably isnt podium rider..but in my history book he has been one of the best helper at the mountains

helGn
rogers is a quality rider, but he cant win TdF. his ace in TT and good when it gets tough but i dont think he would want to be a captain in a grand tour if he didnt have a fair chance of winning.

Guido Mukk
helGn wrote:
rogers is a quality rider, but he cant win TdF. his ace in TT and good when it gets tough but i dont think he would want to be a captain in a grand tour if he didnt have a fair chance of winning.

you are correct about ..he dont realy want to be team captain. No because he probably wont win..but this is kind of mystery...after Ulrich left..Klöden almost run away ..he scared to be a captain. And as i know about Rogers he isnt also ambition person, just now one has left. My point was that intresting to see how Rogers run one full tour with captain status.

He need to have healthy season..because he's stats is looking already way to low in any db..Smile
Edited by Guido Mukk on 15-08-2008 00:20

helGn
hehe, would be easier to be a columbia skip if they were a bit higher thats true. but he was captain the year before last year, wasn't he?

Guido Mukk
he was forced for that..because Ulrich was kicked out just before at the same tour opening stage

helGn
yeah. but he still was the captain. he might not have had the best form and prolly wasn't ready to step up at such short notice though. so i acually agrees with you guido! but on the other hand, i see columbia as such a quality team that they should have a better GC contender than rogers :/

Guido Mukk
Klöden wasnt bad captain at all..but something scared him away..(someone will now tell..this wasnt captain status what scared Kessler and Klöden awayWink)

indeed..and Dekker has also kind of correct man for me also.
But talking about our previous subject...being a captain isnt easy job, this one need something special..hard work, and pain almost every stage in GT races. You need to be ready.

and yes I also belive that Rogers is more lieutenant when captain
Edited by Guido Mukk on 15-08-2008 00:53

helGn
but he is in my mind a damn good lieutenant! i hope dekker joins columbia. and i hope he will be a hit! klöden wasn't bad at all, but he always had a off day. i don't think he had it mentally to be a winner. he is however a damn good cyclist!
and i LOVED to see him in TT's
Edited by helGn on 15-08-2008 00:56

helGn
i should have edited that more, it came out abit wrong, but what a heck!

Guido Mukk
I like how "magenta" come back after loosing Ullrich and sponsor..realy strong organization.
Great...on other way i hate team's who come in cycling with hugh money..like Astana and now looks like Katyusha.
Normaly built team like Garmine will live much longer.

t-baum
I really, really, hope that Dekker doesn't come to Columbia, we don't want Dekker bringing down the Cycling scene even more in America when he tests positive!
i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa199/T-Baum_2007/3_bettini_attacks.jpg
Macquet wrote:

"We all know that wasn't the real footage of the Worlds anyway. That was just the staged footage to perpetuate the coverup that it was actually Vinokourov that won the race."

bigairgraphics.com
Guido Mukk
t-baum wrote:
I really, really, hope that Dekker doesn't come to Columbia, we don't want Dekker bringing down the Cycling scene even more in America when he tests positive!

dont worry they dont hurt americans..Columbia is still german team for me..damn I am stupid

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Linus Gerdemann
Linus Gerdemann