jandal7

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
First impressions
Ian Butler
Tell me about this new follow button, Teddy?

PCM rulezz: that's why you have to play career first, you start with TDU Pfft

Teddy The Creator
Ian Butler wrote:

I just realised that I think its the S-> button from PCM11, but it worked really well. While the others attacked, I right clicked on one with Valverde and he followed them on their tail without leaving the saddle.

PCM rulezz
Ian Butler wrote:

why would I have to play a career first? Frown

Ian Butler
Then you start with flat stages. most faults are in mountain stages so the patch will be in time for those Pfft

PCM rulezz
Ian Butler wrote:
Then you start with flat stages. most faults are in mountain stages so the patch will be in time for those Pfft

Thats true.
But normaly I start a career when the PCMdaily database is available.

CountArach
Can someone let me know what Qatar is like? One of the things I was looking forward to most was an improved wind effect compared to 2011, and I was hoping to see what that was like.

Thanks.
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png Manager of Team Bpost - Vlaanderen i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png

Follow me on Twitter
(All opinions expressed are not guaranteed to reflect reality)

johnnyjur
where do I get my player key? is it the same as the activation key?
Maker of Johnnyjur's stages forPCM11 , PCM12 and PCM15

Popeye
OK I have only played one Stage so far (mountain). So I will restrict my comments to the 3D race. In short It's beautiful. Really beautiful. By far the best looking PCM. However like most of you I prefer good game play than eye candy. The new interface is ok,but as many have commented already WAY TOO SMALL. My initial impression of the gameplay and AI are that the breaks/gaps are pretty good but the rate of simulation is too fast (I have always played PCM on 1x). A tough mountain stage used to take 20-25 minutes. This version seemed to be about 10-15mins. Not really enough time to "get into" the race. Felt like there were too many concessions to "console" versions of the game. A real disappointment for those of us who like to take our time on a stage. Tiny gaps(distance wise) on the road were translated into enormous time gaps. Anyone else notice that?
In summary after one race.
Graphics 10/10
Game AI 8/10
Gameplay 2/10
If they sort out the simulation speed/distance issue I think could be the best PCM ever. If not, it'll be a missed opportunity and I for one will be going back to PCM 11
Edited by Popeye on 22-06-2012 10:40

cunego59
cunego59 wrote:

Is there any possibility to start with a custom team on continental level (not on pro cont)?

In addition: Where can I see if I have the newest patch? And if I haven't, where can I get that?
Edited by cunego59 on 22-06-2012 11:04

kakjudas
Game is not good enough...
The PCM11 interface is much better

I hope Cyanide fixes it because it's not worth the money now.

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 02:27
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Popeye
johnnyjur wrote:
where do I get my player key? is it the same as the activation key?

Yes it is

Teddy The Creator
kakjudas wrote:
Game is not good enough...
The PCM11 interface is much better

I hope Cyanide fixes it because it's not worth the money now.

It's not good enough because the new interface which you've had for one day is different to the old one?

Roman
CountArach wrote:
Can someone let me know what Qatar is like? One of the things I was looking forward to most was an improved wind effect compared to 2011, and I was hoping to see what that was like.

Thanks.

It should be possible, but you need a really strong team and a strong wind as well. Wink

i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv338/Kreuziger1/katar.jpg
Manager of Moser - Sygic

cunego59
cunego59 wrote:

Is there any possibility to start with a custom team on continental level (not on pro cont)?

In addition: Where can I see if I have the newest patch? And if I haven't, where can I get that?

Rasmusen
Popeye wrote:
OK I have only played one Stage so far (mountain). So I will restrict my comments to the 3D race. In short It's beautiful. Really beautiful. By far the best looking PCM. However like most of you I prefer good game play than eye candy. The new interface is ok,but as many have commented already WAY TOO SMALL. My initial impression of the gameplay and AI are that the breaks/gaps are pretty good but the rate of simulation is too fast (I have always played PCM on 1x). A tough mountain stage used to take 20-25 minutes. This version seemed to be about 10-15mins. Not really enough time to "get into" the race. Felt like there were too many concessions to "console" versions of the game. A real disappointment for those of us who like to take our time on a stage. Tiny gaps(distance wise) on the road were translated into enormous time gaps. Anyone else notice that?
In summary after one race.
Graphics 10/10
Game AI 8/10
Gameplay 2/10
If they sort out the simulation speed/distance issue I think could be the best PCM ever. If not, it'll be a missed opportunity and I for one will be going back to PCM 11

Please..... console version is total different game, cant compare it with the pc version, its not even close

ronnygj
cunego59 wrote:

I am wondering about this as well. I want to start a small custom continental team, but even when choosing 0% on orientation I end up as a continental pro team and don't get access to to 1.2 or 2.2 races except those in my own country. There should at least be a choice of starting as a continental and not pro-continental team.

CountArach
Roman wrote:
CountArach wrote:

Thanks.

It should be possible, but you need a really strong team and a strong wind as well. Wink

i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv338/Kreuziger1/katar.jpg

Thanks. I was hoping the AI would try it like they used to in earlier games (Unless I can't remember properly...). At least the opportunity is there.
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png Manager of Team Bpost - Vlaanderen i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png

Follow me on Twitter
(All opinions expressed are not guaranteed to reflect reality)

gamasporting
For those who complaint that the interface is very small, you may try lower resolutions.

For example, if the resolution is high, the game will automaticly (sorry for the bad english) put the interface smaller, for better picture quality.
If you put the resolution less high, the picture quality is going to be a bit worse, but the Interface will be bigger, that's better in my personal opinion.

Hope I could help Smile

EDIT:
One quick question, the game still has portuguese language right?
Edited by gamasporting on 22-06-2012 12:52

PCM rulezz
Where can I download the first patch?

PCM rulezz
PCM rulezz wrote:
Where can I download the first patch?

Found it Pfft
It wasn't in the latest downloads when I wrote the first post

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password