· Total Members: 161,009
· Newest Member: christianbalee
View Thread
 Print Thread
The Politics Thread
issoisso
Crommy wrote:
dave92 wrote:
me too, but I feel bad that Bush dragged you guys into it too. He wasnt content wiht screwing over one country, so he made it for.

The Afghan war occured because Bush had to flex muscles after 9/11. It's as simple as that. Bush could have easily avoided the war. Offers were made to try Bin Laden in the country if they were presented with evidence of Bin Laden's involvement - the Americans refused

Godwin's law. beware.
The preceding post is ISSO 9001 certified

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

"I love him, I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense" - Bradley Wiggins on Lance Armstrong

Crommy
I would never compare anything like this to Hitler or the nazis. Ever.
emoticons4u.com/happy/042.gif

issoisso
Crommy wrote:

I have more faith in you than that. It's just that from the moment something controversial like that is said without a quote to back it up, usually it degenerates into flaming.

I should've known the guys here are far too polite for that Wink
The preceding post is ISSO 9001 certified

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

"I love him, I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense" - Bradley Wiggins on Lance Armstrong

Crommy
issoisso wrote:
Crommy wrote:

I have more faith in you than that. It's just that from the moment something controversial like that is said without a quote to back it up, usually it degenerates into flaming.

I should've known the guys here are far too polite for that Wink

And I've just found out what I said and thought was true was on Wikipedia. So I must be wrong.

Sorry.
Edited by Crommy on 06-02-2008 19:42

SeoulYank
Hillary's main message has been she is ready to be President because she was wife of the President for 8 years, sat in on meetings, etc. Just before the NFL NFC Championship Game between the Green Bay Packers and the New York Giants there was an amusing letter to the editor in a newpaper.

Brett Favre (for those of you who don't know) is QB of the Packers for the past 17 years and truly an NFL great. The letter said something to the effect that: Brett Favre will not be starting the NFC Championship game this week. Instead his wife will be starting and she is ready to go. She's been Favre's wife for all 17 years he's been QB for the Packers. She's read the playbook. She's sat in on team meetings. She's thrown the ball around with him in the backyard. She is infinitely qualified and ready to step behind the center on gameday.

dave92
intereseting fact, no previous President has been First Lady, and some of them did quite well Smile
Manager of Wikipedia, 2008 Continental Tour Champions
Team Page: https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....ad_id=3992
Media: https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....ad_id=3791

Levi4life
But hillary is running for her third Term. She ran things back when Bill got elected

I am curious as to what Bill would be called if Hillary won. Personally I think he should be the First Gigalo.
i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp1/Dessel001/CozzaNydamV2.png

stemple
dave92 wrote:
intereseting fact, no previous President has been First Lady, and some of them did quite well Smile

your forgetting James Buchanan, who oddly enough is my home state of Pennsylvania's only president
Edited by stemple on 07-02-2008 06:01
Manager of RABOBANK - Dutch Power

SeoulYank
I'd love to see state visits with the French. I think Hillary would be left out. I'm guessing that Sarkozy, having been in office less than a year and already gotten divorced and re-married to a former model, and Bill could have a whale of a time together. Imagine those two out on the town hunting for ladies.

Ad Bot
Posted on 19-09-2024 16:48
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Aquarius
dave92 wrote:

just look at the idiot in office now, he caused you Brits to get involved in the middle East
At least Britts are not treated like cowards in your country nowadays. Pfft
Whereas we're in Afghanistan as well, but we didn't go to Iraq, so we're cowards and betrayers (beyond all political reasons for not going, the naked truth is that we didn't and still don't have a sufficient army to be as well in Afghanistan, in Africa, at home and in Iraq at the same time).

Levi4life
Freedom FriesB)

You need soldiers at home?Rolling Eyes
i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp1/Dessel001/CozzaNydamV2.png

Aquarius
Well, a minimum of them, yes. Just imagine the Germans would invade us again. :lol:

More seriously, no army in the world ever sents 100 % of its troups abroad.

CrueTrue
SeoulYank wrote:
I'd love to see state visits with the French. I think Hillary would be left out. I'm guessing that Sarkozy, having been in office less than a year and already gotten divorced and re-married to a former model, and Bill could have a whale of a time together. Imagine those two out on the town hunting for ladies.

:lol: It'd probably get a lot more people interested in "politics"

http://www.pcmdaily.com
Crommy
Aquarius wrote:
Well, a minimum of them, yes. Just imagine the Germans would invade us again. :lol:

More seriously, no army in the world ever sents 100 % of its troups abroad.

A surprising fact is the majority of British troops are actually stationed in Germany.
Plus, we have a force now, not an army. Which sucks.

@ SeoulYank

What a great observation :lol::lol::lol:

rodda
a big moment for Australian politics will happen this wednesday.

The new government will make an official apology to the indigenous people of australia over the stolen generation when thousands of aboriginal children were taken from the parents and brought up in mission camps.

governments have refused to apologise for this for years Frown
www.thecoolwebsite.co.uk/images/userbars/moderator.gif

www.thecoolwebsite.co.uk
rodda
for anyone who is interested - here is the long overdue apology from the australian
it went for half an hour this is just a cap i think

www.thecoolwebsite.co.uk/images/userbars/moderator.gif

www.thecoolwebsite.co.uk
IFF
here's a qwuestion i was thinking of today:

Who, in your opinion, is your countries great patriot?

for me it is Daniel O'Connell. He was an irish politician in the mid 18th century. He was an influence on Mahatma Gandhi. He believed in non-violent protest against British rule rather then others since who have takenm up arms against the UK

Whatsup
Prince Harry didn't get to help in Afghanistan. Instead only to boost the morale of the british troops, his support turned down. Even if he wished to get undetected, the Taliban insurgents have known it. They've then stepped up the hits, harder and harder, on the british forces. He went out from Afghanistan because he got to be a leading target. Well, Harry should think to withdraw british forces from this war-torn country. There're lots of deaths while there's nothing which change up. ...

Here or elsewhere, there's many wars. It seems it would be necessary to find another solution as soon as possible.
We are condemned to be free

Crommy
Prince Harry did fight in Afghanistan Rolling Eyes

Whatsup
He's gone to front-line duties in Afghanistan, not more.
Edited by Whatsup on 03-03-2008 21:57
We are condemned to be free

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots