· Total Members: 161,024
· Newest Member: onlinecourse1
View Thread
PCM.daily » Off-Topic » Other sports
 Print Thread
Rugby union
cadelevans21
This thread is for rugby union

Glad to see the Queensland Reds win the super rugby title over the dominant crusaders
Don't mess with this aussy!

tehMalone
Gay Pfft No just kiddin... but not really! AFL for the win!

jack888
I'm a Force fan, but glad to see the Reds win. On paper they aren't the strongest side, but the youth in their team payed off and they knocked off just about all the biggest clubs.

The Tri-Nations will be disappointing because SA decided to rest their whole team. But NZ vs AUS will be good in the coming weeks, hopefully not too many injuries.

Also, 2 rugby games come out in about 6 weeks Grin
Edited by jack888 on 16-07-2011 16:53

mb2612
The players are actually injured, even if most could have played if necessary.

All the Aussie complaing about how poor our squad is will only make it sweeter when we beat you next weekend.

Also, I noticed Quantus already getting in the dirty tactics by trying to crash the SA flight.

i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PT/std_zpsb6c2f350.png[url=www.pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=33182]Team Santander Media Thread[/url]i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PT/std_zpsb6c2f350.png

Please assume I am joking unless otherwise stated

jack888
Yea they have a lot of injuries, but i doubt it is exactly 21. They have to call them injured though, because they are obliged to send their strongest team possible to the tri-nation games.

It will be interesting to see how their 2nd XV go. It is more of an in-form 15 XV though, so they might do alright. I can't see them giving the Wallabies much trouble though. The return legs to SA will be much more interesting.

cadelevans21
Tonight will be great TV
I can watch the wallabies
and then the tdf

P.S
I can't believe Rod Davies made the wallabies, 3 tries in a semi final against the crusaders but he can't even tackle a samoanSad
Don't mess with this aussy!

roturn

Time for the Worlds.
Starting Friday with New Zealand - Tonga.
A shame that I am no longer in NZ for this event. Wink

Last Worlds I was in French for the group phase and then during the final I arrived in London, when the 45min drive from the airport to the house was without any traffic. Wink

Time to win again All Blacks.
Edited by roturn on 07-09-2011 11:37

Ad Bot
Posted on 21-09-2024 06:36
Bot Agent

IP: None  
miggi133
roturn wrote:

Eeehh, no! Its time for the boys in green to win!!!
(Although we might not even make the groupstages like last time. Only this time we will loose to Italy and Australia and only narrowly defeat Russia and the US)

Anyway,

Edited by miggi133 on 07-09-2011 11:47

Juan
roturn wrote:

Time for the Worlds.
Starting Friday with New Zealand - Tonga.
A shame that I am no longer in NZ for this event. Wink

Last Worlds I was in French for the group phase and then during the final I arrived in London, when the 45min drive from the airport to the house was without any traffic. Wink

do Germans really care about rugby ? Shock (no offense taken Wink )

Btw, I think it's gonna be Australia-NZ, at least I can't see how it could not happen ...
Edited by Juan on 07-09-2011 12:09
heberger-image.fr/data/images/58302_Signature.png

mb2612
So the British press has made much of South Africa's squad being ageing while England's is youthful and will build up to the next world cup.

The two squads have the same average age.

Honestly I can't see a NH team winning, and I am putting Aus tralia as favourite as they should only have to play 1 SH team.
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PT/std_zpsb6c2f350.png[url=www.pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=33182]Team Santander Media Thread[/url]i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PT/std_zpsb6c2f350.png

roturn
Actually Germans don`t care at all.
(We got football and maybe handball as biggest sport, then with a big gap basketball because of Nowitzky and tennis..., Probably 50 more sports before Rugby comes, what is quite a pity imo)

But I lived in NZ for a while and have relatives there. So I am not like most Germans. Wink

Australia - NZ sounds pretty logical. But I am already afraid that NZ fails so badly as always in the WC. They always win but then in the Worlds they lose. Angry

@ Miggi: Nice joke. Wink
Edited by roturn on 07-09-2011 12:17

miggi133
roturn wrote:
(We got football and maybe handball as biggest sport, then with a big gap basketball because of Nowitzky and tennis..., Probably 50 more sports before Rugby comes, what is quite a pity imo)

Well if you ngo by spectators, Icehockey is the number 2 sport in germany.

And it wasnt a joke... I was been honest that we wont even make the group stages. That can be based on our latest tests: France won against us, and England slaughtered us like they havent in a long time. Furthermore, in the six Nations we played shit against Italy (who won against France) and deserved to loose and at last we lost to scotland, probably the worst rugby team in the 6nations now.

But BOD (Brian O'Discroll) is my neighbour and he seemed pretty confident (as allt he Leinster Players after winning the Heineken CUP) that we will actually make the KO stages and suprise... At least we are second tier this time. Last time we were third and got Australia and argentinia...

mb: Well, they might have the same average age but, after the england Ireland Match, i'd say that england has better chances to win than south africa. Even if I hope it doesnt happen

LilParka
I think we have easily the best squad and depth, we've just really inconsistent loose forward line ups which has hurt us at the breakdown where we're usually dominant. Once we get some rhythm and momentum through our pool, we'll be the best team come knockout time

roturn
miggi133 wrote:
roturn wrote:

Well if you ngo by spectators, Icehockey is the number 2 sport in germany.

And it wasnt a joke... I was been honest that we wont even make the group stages. That can be based on our latest tests: France won against us, and England slaughtered us like they havent in a long time. Furthermore, in the six Nations we played shit against Italy (who won against France) and deserved to loose and at last we lost to scotland, probably the worst rugby team in the 6nations now.

With joke I meant this quote:

I won`t argue about their group phase k.o. Wink

miggi133
roturn wrote:
With joke I meant this quote:

I won`t argue about their group phase k.o. Wink

Well I have to show some support at least^^

mb2612
miggi133 wrote:

mb: Well, they might have the same average age but, after the england Ireland Match, i'd say that england has better chances to win than south africa. Even if I hope it doesnt happen

No chance, South Africa crunched England last November and are a much stronger side now. England will be lucky to get to the semi's

miggi133
mb2612 wrote:
miggi133 wrote:

No chance, South Africa crunched England last November and are a much stronger side now. England will be lucky to get to the semi's

Well we won spectacularly against you in the six nations and you crushed us two weeks ago...

mb2612
miggi133 wrote:
mb2612 wrote:
miggi133 wrote:

Well we won spectacularly against you in the six nations and you crushed us two weeks ago...

I'm South African Grin. I think Ireland lost two weeks ago because the match wasn't that important to them, whereas England needed to win after an embarrassing showing against Wales

miggi133
mb2612 wrote:
miggi133 wrote:
mb2612 wrote:
miggi133 wrote:

I'm South African Grin. I think Ireland lost two weeks ago because the match wasn't that important to them, whereas England needed to win after an embarrassing showing against Wales

Oh ok... Well, we needed that win after yet another embarassing loss against france... Basically we are shit...

Juan
roturn wrote:

But I lived in NZ for a while and have relatives there. So I am not like most Germans. Wink

Australia - NZ sounds pretty logical. But I am already afraid that NZ fails so badly as always in the WC. They always win but then in the Worlds they lose. Angry

except France is so bad they won't get their usual victory against NZ Wink
heberger-image.fr/data/images/58302_Signature.png

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content